Good news

More
17 Aug 2016 18:03 #739056 by stokes
Replied by stokes on topic Good news
Not questioning your knowledge of anything,Nessism,just wanted to know what you're basing "major ripoff" on.If WG is not the way to go,do you have any other suggestions?
Ed,I'm sure it would be a good learning experience,but I dont have time or patience to chase carb problems.I have a guitar and amp repair business that keeps me busy enough.I could probably mudddle thru doing the rebuild,but I would rather have it done right the first time.

1980 KZ1000B Ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2016 18:08 #739057 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Good news

stokes wrote: Not questioning your knowledge of anything,Nessism,just wanted to know what you're basing "major ripoff" on.If WG is not the way to go,do you have any other suggestions?
Ed,I'm sure it would be a good learning experience,but I dont have time or patience to chase carb problems.I have a guitar and amp repair business that keeps me busy enough.I could probably mudddle thru doing the rebuild,but I would rather have it done right the first time.

Email this guy and tell him Ed Ness sent you. His name is Bill and he will do you right...brea1@bak.rr.com

More
17 Aug 2016 18:13 #739058 by stokes

Nessism wrote:

KZB2 650 wrote: I've had my 2 sets of carbs apart more than a few times over the years and its not as hard as it looks...... and for that kind of cash savings I'd sure give it some thought....... good thing to learn anyway.

Agree. Here is a link to a VM carb rebuild tutorial. The KZ version VM's are very similar. Cycleorings.com sells an O-ring kit for a reasonable price. members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/i.../vm_carb_rebuild.pdf

Looks like a good tutorial,but like I say,I aint got the time or patience for all that.And then chasing fine tuning afterwards.I fix guitars and amps,I ride motorcycles.

1980 KZ1000B Ltd

More
17 Aug 2016 18:15 #739059 by stokes

Nessism wrote:

stokes wrote: Not questioning your knowledge of anything,Nessism,just wanted to know what you're basing "major ripoff" on.If WG is not the way to go,do you have any other suggestions?

Email this guy and tell him Ed Ness sent you. His name is Bill and he will do you right...brea1@bak.rr.com

Thanks,Ed I will email him and see what he's got.

1980 KZ1000B Ltd

More
17 Aug 2016 18:23 #739060 by Nessism

stokes wrote:

Nessism wrote:

Thanks,Ed I will email him and see what he's got.

Bill's a good guy and has lots of jetting experience. He's not one of those guys that's going to bead blast the bodies and all that cosmetic stuff (like I do), but then his prices reflect that as well. There is one other guy I can recommend that's in Ohio, but I don't think he's a jetting guy.

More
18 Aug 2016 07:57 #739112 by stokes
Thanks Ed,I contacted Bill and we're working out the details.Let you know as things move along.

1980 KZ1000B Ltd

More
19 Aug 2016 15:38 - 19 Aug 2016 15:42 #739248 by Nessism
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationIf anyone wants to see the quality of work that Wired George does check these out...

He bead blasted the steel parts to remove corrosion but he doesn't replate them so they rust. The butterfly valves and all the choke linkages are supposed to be zinc with yellow chromate. These parts will start to rust very quickly when the carbs are put into service.

Also, he uses teflon tape on the fuel Tee fitting. All can be had for the fee of $400. :sick:

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Aug 2016 15:42 by Nessism.