Anybody buy any NOT incredibly overpriced jets?

More
01 Jan 2015 09:13 #657515 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Anybody buy any NOT incredibly overpriced jets?
I have used these guys with great success PJ Motorsports
I tried to look up you year and model but it was listed as "unknown", however, if you know what make and modle carbs you are running you can figure out what jets you need. Keep in mind the jet "kits" don't always come with all the o-rings you need and I have found the cheaper kits do not come with the correct o-rings and are often to big. There is a guy that sells just o-rings kits for VM carbs but I can not remember his name for the life of me. I believe he is out of FL.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2015 06:47 #657638 by K.D. HART
Replied by K.D. HART on topic Anybody buy any NOT incredibly overpriced jets?

z1wiz wrote: I wouldn't use a torch tip cleaner or micro drill because you can unintentionally make the holes larger than you want. (.002 larger on a pilot jet is quite a bit) I use pin gages starting at .011 and work my way up in size until its you can feel the gage is too big. This set goes from .011-.060 and can be bought from a discount machine tool supply for a reasonable price.

Russ,
You have all the neat shit. I use the wire from a old welders brush. It works though.

More
03 Jan 2015 08:06 #657645 by Patton
If not already done, would give Z1E a call, as they sell many different types and sizes of pilot jets, individually at about $2.60 each.

Z1E sometimes carries parts or can obtain parts that aren't listed on their site.

There are several pages of listings, and here is just one sample:
www.z1enterprises.com/ListItems.aspx?pag...0&keywords=pilot+jet

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
03 Jan 2015 13:56 #657675 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Anybody buy any NOT incredibly overpriced jets?
When you can plainly see that the pilot jet is a larger diameter than my smallest welder cleaning tip what is the problem - cant see any - done very carefully it works perfectly for me. I am pushing it through once - not ramming it in and out multiple times.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Jan 2015 15:12 #657692 by SWest