need a doctor here

• nitrokrumpt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • she just looks rough now
More
13 Jun 2013 18:31 #592135 by nitrokrumpt
Replied by nitrokrumpt on topic need a doctor here
thanks alot ed!! muchh much appreciated... except how you get kroil into the threads when its basically sealed off from the boots?? and turboguzz answer everything you can and anything that might help out in the future like the reccomendation of the kroil!!! id say for you Guzzi, my question to you is in neutral i hit the gas and rpms stay at 5000 rpm for a hot 5 seconds then come down to a nice idle...also at a nice idle, sometimes you hear sputtering in the engine and instantly with it the choke lever making a clicking noise and i feel it clicking. is that normal?? thanks a million guys. i will put a pic up of it. its no rust bucket and its really getting me mad for this is my first project bike and should not be this hard to just let me run it for the summer and really hit it hard over winter.

1982 kz750-n1 spectre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nitrokrumpt
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 18:39 #592138 by nitrokrumpt
here she is guys

1982 kz750-n1 spectre
Attachments:

More
13 Jun 2013 18:46 #592140 by gengomerpyle
Replied by gengomerpyle on topic need a doctor here
that seat cant be to comfy :laugh:

nitrokrumpt wrote: here she is guys

1982 GPZ750R1 ELR
1978 Honda CB750F SuperSport
1971 Honda CB750K
1970 Honda CL100 Scrambler

More
13 Jun 2013 19:39 #592149 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic need a doctor here

nitrokrumpt wrote: ... how you get kroil into the threads when its basically sealed off from the boots??

On mine I squirted Kroil around the heads of the screws and the joint between the carb holders and the cylinder head - and repeated this for 3 days. Kroil apparently creeped along the screws into the threaded portion because when I removed the screws they came out with no problem even though they had never been removed in nearly 30 years and they were tight. I used it on a couple other really tight fasteners, like the tach guide stopper plate screw in the cylinder head and the adjuster nuts on the rear brake rod, and they broke free with no problem. I gave them a soaking for couple days for Kroil to do its thing and was very pleased with the results. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
13 Jun 2013 19:43 #592151 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic need a doctor here

nitrokrumpt wrote: when i hit the throttle in neutral, say to 4500 rpm...rpms will stick and maybe even slightly raise rpms for a good, id say, 4-5 seconds

that sounds like a vacuum leak

1979 KZ-750 Twin
The following user(s) said Thank You: nitrokrumpt

More
13 Jun 2013 19:44 - 13 Jun 2013 19:45 #592152 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic need a doctor here

kimsmith4807 wrote: No short cutting here. You have alot going on and I am in agreement with boatdrinks. A manual and a full carb clean/rebuild is in order.

I'd clean the fuel tank/petcock and install inline filters then do the carb overhaul. Stuff runs downhill so it will keep polluting the carbs forever until the top is clean.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 13 Jun 2013 19:45 by bountyhunter.

• nitrokrumpt
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 21:46 #592168 by nitrokrumpt
that sounds like a vacuum leak

i think you may be right here. since i had to drill and retap for the carb boot to the head, the thread was a little higher than the original since the bolt never fully came out and to not make a huge hole, just rethreaded it just above. the boot sits great but obviously not sealing. i took starter fluid and def showed up a problem in which wd-40 didnt, causing idle to go wayyy up when it was a steady 1800 rpm. i hope a new boot will take new shape to the ever slightly off new hole

1982 kz750-n1 spectre

More
14 Jun 2013 16:15 #592296 by turboguzzi
Replied by turboguzzi on topic need a doctor here
the internal metal base of boots can bend making a seal impossible, applying higher torque to the screws just makes matters worse. more than once I had to flatten the face of the boot on sand paper. when you are done obtaining perfect sealing in all boots, time to synch the carbs. till you done both checks you cant go fwd with trouble shooting your hanging idle. period. lets talk after you've done this ;)

PS, you might solve your proud broken bolt problem by enlarging that hole in the boothe to 5/16" and using a large washer

• nitrokrumpt
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Jun 2013 16:30 #592300 by nitrokrumpt

turboguzzi wrote: the internal metal base of boots can bend making a seal impossible, applying higher torque to the screws just makes matters worse. more than once I had to flatten the face of the boot on sand paper. when you are done obtaining perfect sealing in all boots, time to synch the carbs. till you done both checks you cant go fwd with trouble shooting your hanging idle. period. lets talk after you've done this ;)

PS, you might solve your proud broken bolt problem by enlarging that hole in the boothe to 5/16" and using a large washer

thanx a million turboguzz! ill be working on this tonight and tomorrow if i havto. just ordered a new carb boot, so little wait on that! my proud broken bilt problem huh? dude that wasted about 3 hgours of my time...not proud lol

1982 kz750-n1 spectre

• nitrokrumpt
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Jun 2013 20:06 - 14 Jun 2013 20:09 #592326 by nitrokrumpt
whats up with the main nozzle? its in deep with no way to get them out on all four of the carbs. i took the "needle jet holder" out, sorry going by parts diagram, and it was pretty dirty i gotta say. so i would like to take the maine nozzles and the pilot jets as well (the tube like ones with the little holes on the side as well) and the pilot jets have this lil cover looking thing that looks really easy to break. its sorta orange flexible plastic, on the parts diagram they call it a cap polyester. are they easy to take off without busting em up, they are not availble to buy so i really dont want to hurt em. thanx a million gearheads

1982 kz750-n1 spectre
Last edit: 14 Jun 2013 20:09 by nitrokrumpt.

• nitrokrumpt
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
15 Jun 2013 17:44 #592447 by nitrokrumpt
heres a pic. i got the tabs off

1982 kz750-n1 spectre
Attachments:

More
15 Jun 2013 23:43 #592483 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic need a doctor here
For details from the FSM, here's a link to the Keihin CV carbs from KZr's FILEBASE --
Click > www.kzrider.com/filebase/doc_download/47...-shop-manual-via-omr

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD