83 gpz won't start

More
12 May 2013 22:55 #587098 by BLACKBEARD
Replied by BLACKBEARD on topic 83 gpz won't start
I started to take the carbs off to clean them again, pulling the pods off first and I was just trying stuff like I always do. With two of the filters off i fired the bike up and stuck my fingers over the oval shaped ports on the carbs, to my surprise I got throttle response, pretty good too. And it even idled without the choke. If anyone recognizes any of this PLEASE give me a shout. This bike WILL run and it's not goin to no shop.

83 Gpz 750 named Rusty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2013 01:02 - 13 May 2013 01:08 #587126 by jonarmstrong
Replied by jonarmstrong on topic 83 gpz won't start
That port goes in under the slide diaphram. There are two more holes under the diaphragm. One heads down toward pilot jet. Other one goes through the choke bore and out into the main intake bore. The vacuum port by the air screw connects w the second hole. Long story short ... Could it be your chokes aren't sealing off and you are limiting its effect by blocking off its airflow? Just thinking. May be way off base! Probably just still dirty carbs :lol: I had mine apart 6 or 7 times now and may have to do it again!!

82 Kz1000 gpz1100 cams dyna ignition kerker k&n
Last edit: 13 May 2013 01:08 by jonarmstrong.

More
26 May 2013 01:07 #589216 by BLACKBEARD
Replied by BLACKBEARD on topic 83 gpz won't start
After cleaning the carbs a total of seven times (soaked in pine sol twice), the bike does start and idle without the choke with throttle response. I just need to get the air screws set, right now I have them 11/4 turn out. So is this where I end this thread? I Would like to maybe fool around with the head.

83 Gpz 750 named Rusty.