Petcock problems which one are you using?

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
31 Oct 2012 12:39 #556537 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Petcock problems which one are you using?

SeattleKZ wrote:

Powerstroke_fan wrote: you should be able to run a single with a T. but whats wrong with the one you got? if i am not mistaken the pingels are the same they just use diffrent adp plates. So you should be able to get the correct plate and it should work on your petcock.

Z1's customer service told me that the petcock I got won't work with any adaptor plate.

The adaptor plates are for the 78 style tanks with vacuam petcock ,other tanks use a threaded nipple welded to tank. B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2012 14:13 #556556 by SeattleKZ
Replied by SeattleKZ on topic Petcock problems which one are you using?

wireman wrote:

SeattleKZ wrote:

Powerstroke_fan wrote: you should be able to run a single with a T. but whats wrong with the one you got? if i am not mistaken the pingels are the same they just use diffrent adp plates. So you should be able to get the correct plate and it should work on your petcock.

Z1's customer service told me that the petcock I got won't work with any adaptor plate.

The adaptor plates are for the 78 style tanks with vacuam petcock ,other tanks use a threaded nipple welded to tank. B)

Not trying to be rude but I already figured out that the Petcock I got is for a 77 tank and based on the Petcock I have my tank must be a 78. My question is what adaptor do you use?

More
31 Oct 2012 14:39 #556564 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic Petcock problems which one are you using?
Pingel's website shows the adapter plates and lists dimensions between bolt holes. I don't remember which one I used as I bought it 15 years ago but just measure the stock fuel valve and get the adapter with the right spacing. I think I even saw one with the 22mm threads so you can use the fuel valve you have without removing the large nut.

Go to www.pingelonline.com/powerflo.htm then click "accessories" and click on "adapter plates". I'd post a direct link but their website is a little goofy.

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
31 Oct 2012 17:01 #556586 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic Petcock problems which one are you using?
The VM 30s that WG is producing and selling are vm26 carbs that have been bored out to just over 29mm. He has indicated he calls them VM30's so that they are not confused with the real vm29's.

I am still running the original non-vacuum petcock on my 1977 KZ650. It still functions correctly without leaks.

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

More
31 Oct 2012 20:18 #556609 by SeattleKZ

gd4now wrote: The VM 30s that WG is producing and selling are vm26 carbs that have been bored out to just over 29mm. He has indicated he calls them VM30's so that they are not confused with the real vm29's.

I am still running the original non-vacuum petcock on my 1977 KZ650. It still functions correctly without leaks.

Thanks for correcting me, my memory was a little fuzzy on exactly what the carbs were originally. He told me he quit making them until he can find a reliable machine shop and I didn't see them on his site last time I was on there.

More
31 Oct 2012 20:19 #556610 by SeattleKZ

StreetfighterKz wrote: Pingel's website shows the adapter plates and lists dimensions between bolt holes. I don't remember which one I used as I bought it 15 years ago but just measure the stock fuel valve and get the adapter with the right spacing. I think I even saw one with the 22mm threads so you can use the fuel valve you have without removing the large nut.

Go to www.pingelonline.com/powerflo.htm then click "accessories" and click on "adapter plates". I'd post a direct link but their website is a little goofy.

Later, Doug

Perfect, I found the plate that will work thanks.