Needle and seat OR Float hanging up?

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
19 Sep 2012 23:03 #549782 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Needle and seat OR Float hanging up?
An old fart told me that trick about holley float bowl gaskets when I was kid and kept ripping them taking them stupid holley carbs apart! :sick: :laugh:
It worked good,started doing the same thing with bike carbs years ago,and ive never had to buy a bowl gasket or top gasket for a mikuni in all these years as long as they come off in one piece the first time i open them up B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
19 Sep 2012 23:05 #549784 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Needle and seat OR Float hanging up?

kzz1king wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

kzz1king wrote: Gonna try that chapstick trick,thanks. I got them on the bench. I am going to do everything I can to make sure they work brfore going back on. It is a piece of cake though compared to the carbs on my Concourse.
Wayne

Check out what I did on my Concours to pull the Bowls off easily
www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/48...t=20&start=60#490194

I already did it! Maybe got the idea from you. I know I seen the dual clock/voltage pics before. You belong to the ZG Fanatics forum too?
Wayne

;)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.