Pods, Mac Headers,=What carb set-up

More
19 Aug 2010 16:20 #392228 by Polar_Bus
Replied by Polar_Bus on topic Pods, Mac Headers,=What carb set-up
csrjoe wrote:

I'm having a trusted mechanic do the work. So I dont know if their stock. I will know in a couple of days when I get it back in there and ask him. bogging is the best way to describe what is happening. I havent smelled or seen any lost of fuel in my garage or on the road. A stock airbox sounds like the right fix, not to get to far from stock or reliablity is what I want. Is it hard to find this {e=bay}or is still possible to get this new? If I have to get a Jet Kit is Z1 the best route to go for this or does somebody have another suggestion?

Do yourself a HUGE favor and throw those pods in the trash and put the OEM airbox back on ! You are headed for a lifetime of misery attempting to sucessfully jet a bike with CV carbs and pods.

Bikes:
'84 GPz1100
'06 HD Fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
19 Aug 2010 16:27 #392232 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic Pods, Mac Headers,=What carb set-up
csrjoe wrote:

I'm having a trusted mechanic do the work. So I dont know if their stock. I will know in a couple of days when I get it back in there and ask him. bogging is the best way to describe what is happening. I havent smelled or seen any lost of fuel in my garage or on the road. A stock airbox sounds like the right fix, not to get to far from stock or reliablity is what I want. Is it hard to find this {e=bay}or is still possible to get this new? If I have to get a Jet Kit is Z1 the best route to go for this or does somebody have another suggestion?

Honestly, I didn't either. A buddy on a ride mentioned it when we were riding around town. Then on another ride I had my overflow hoses unhooked and noticed it on my boot. My leak only happens while the bike is moving so far.

More
19 Aug 2010 19:23 - 19 Aug 2010 19:29 #392288 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Pods, Mac Headers,=What carb set-up
csrjoe wrote:

A stock airbox sounds like the right fix, not to get to far from stock or reliablity is what I want. Is it hard to find this {e=bay}or is still possible to get this new?

I doubt it new, but the online bike dismantlers will have them. Fleabay is usually a ripoff.

Clint Pulliam at:

motolane@frontiernet.net

has done right by me on used KZ parts.

web site:

www.motolane.com

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 19 Aug 2010 19:29 by bountyhunter.

More
19 Aug 2010 19:46 #392298 by csrjoe
Replied by csrjoe on topic Pods, Mac Headers,=What carb set-up
does anyone know if a 82 650 csr airbox will fit on a csr 83 650? Or any other kz model for that matter.

More
15 Sep 2010 16:44 #398960 by csrjoe
Replied by csrjoe on topic Pods, Mac Headers,=What carb set-up
just so ya know. The bike is now running great. Its running pods and headers and stock carbs. She now flies to red line no hiccups. their were washers in there now removed.