1978 kz650 sr 1980 moter and carbs

More
22 Nov 2009 19:21 #335273 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic 1978 kz650 sr 1980 moter and carbs
sr man wrote:

I pulled carbs off last nite and on the acc pump fuel bowl the check valve was missing I must of forget to install when I rebult must be a prob. Is there a easy way to get the carbs back on the bike

Only easy way to get the carbs back on is to make sure your carb holders and intake boots (if still using stock airbox) are soft and pliable. These are still available from many sources (including z1enterprises) and will be the absolute best $120ish dollars you'll ever spend. Hardened carb holders suck to push the carbs into, plus they have a much higher likelihood of leaking, and hardened airbox boots are not worth fighting with.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2009 21:53 #335291 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 1978 kz650 sr 1980 moter and carbs
Just before remounting the carbs, a little silicone lube or Armorall nay be applied to inner surface of carb holders and around carb exit.

With carbs held lined up for placement into carb holders, a wood stake may be used as a pry behind the carbs to push them into place inside the carb holders.

While the carbs aren't quite yet aligned in position behind the carb holder, it's then easier to attach and adjust the throttle cables' connections to the carbs, because the parts are more accessible.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.