CARB COMPATABLITY

More
02 Oct 2008 05:13 #239769 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic CARB COMPATABLITY
XTREMETOPGUN_30 wrote:

Well these are 34's Not flats tho. They did come off a '82 kaw csr so i was told. Looks like only one jet inside and its a 122.5. Everything seems to be great on it. Bolted up fine, cable is good. Had to put choke on all the way just to get to start,push it in it dies. All 4 plugs are sparking bright white but if i touch the exhaust pipes only one is getting hot, other 3 are still cold even after a min or two. All 4 bowls have gas but i have to be missing something. Any suggestions???:unsure:

"Looks like only one jet inside...." And you got it started:huh: Okay so you´re basicly cooling 3 cyls with fuel cause they are sucking in all the fuel they can:P Or do you mean in every carb only one jet?

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2008 11:20 #239813 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic CARB COMPATABLITY
The carbs described are BS34. There are plugs over the pilot wells to ensure that the pilot jets only draw gas via the small passageway that runs from the pilot well to the main jet well. If the bike won't idle without the enrichener (aka choke), that means the only fuel, at idle, that the carburetors are receiving is from the enrichener circuit. This means that the pilot circuits are not flowing gas. Plugged pilot jets, plugged internal passageways, etc. You need to disassemble and thoroughly clean and install new pilot jets making sure to test all the internal passageways associated with the pilot circuit (aka idle circuit).

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• XTREMETOPGUN_30
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Oct 2008 12:26 #239817 by XTREMETOPGUN_30
Replied by XTREMETOPGUN_30 on topic CARB COMPATABLITY
Thx i will start there i really like these carbs over old ones. Imsure and believe these carbs are what i need,plus no one has said not to do these carbs. So any one interested in my old carbs? They off 79 kz 1000 LTD with accelerator pump. Wired george any thing else i need to look into?

More
02 Oct 2008 12:30 #239819 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic CARB COMPATABLITY
You should be able to easily sell those 28 pumpers on eBay.:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• XTREMETOPGUN_30
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Oct 2008 18:49 #239862 by XTREMETOPGUN_30
Next question is what size jets should i be dealing with. My old carbs were 17.5 and 110's on number 5 of needle clip. I dont have those options hear the bs 34's have 37.5 and 122.5 for main.Sounds pretty high to me.:S And one of the poilets is not coming out and i dont wanna drill and tap it.

• XTREMETOPGUN_30
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Oct 2008 21:13 #239889 by XTREMETOPGUN_30
Did some reading looks like 40 mids and 140 for mains. Seems really big for me tho?B)

More
03 Oct 2008 05:59 #239921 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic CARB COMPATABLITY
Since the carburetors are yours, you can certainly rejet as you choose. And one more thing, what is a quote poilet? Sounds like a contraction of portable toilet!

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!