Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Sad day when the bike you picked up has stripped sparkplug holes(91 zephyr750) 03 Jan 2024 09:35 #893508

• sf4t7
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 253
I think that can be considered TMI   
Scotty

1974 Z1A
welded Z1 crank
Andrews 1X Cams
Delkevic 4 into 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sad day when the bike you picked up has stripped sparkplug holes(91 zephyr750) 04 Jan 2024 06:16 #893537

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 223
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Each!
Yeah, you got F'd. Welcome to the club. 
And it ain’t over yet if the PO gorilla'd any other maintenance items. Things like the bleeder screws, eccentric adjuster bolts, axle nuts, caliper mounting bolts, etc. Pretty much anything with threads that you can put a wrench to.

I like the idea of a vac on the exhaust ports but if you have a strong enough shop vac you may be able to get away with putting the vac on the end of the muffler. Rotate the engine around until you feel a suction on the plug hole. 
"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robby2894

Sad day when the bike you picked up has stripped sparkplug holes(91 zephyr750) 04 Jan 2024 06:38 #893541

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1801

And it ain’t over yet if the PO gorilla'd any other maintenance items. Things like the bleeder screws, eccentric adjuster bolts, axle nuts, caliper mounting bolts, etc. Pretty much anything with threads that you can put a wrench to.

I like the idea of a vac on the exhaust ports but if you have a strong enough shop vac you may be able to get away with putting the vac on the end of the muffler. Rotate the engine around until you feel a suction on the plug hole. 
I doubt you would be able to suck from the muffler as at least one cylinder will have both valves partially open, probably also best not to rotate the motor with debris in the cylinder (IMHO)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robby2894

Sad day when the bike you picked up has stripped sparkplug holes(91 zephyr750) 04 Jan 2024 07:11 #893544

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 223

I doubt you would be able to suck from the muffler as at least one cylinder will have both valves partially open, probably also best not to rotate the motor with debris in the cylinder (IMHO)

—-> In theory, you will have sucked out all the debris from the cylinder that you just worked before moving on to the next. And, agreed, more than one exhaust valve/intake valve open at one time presents problems. Especially if you get some fuel mixture into the vac.

"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

Sad day when the bike you picked up has stripped sparkplug holes(91 zephyr750) 09 Jan 2024 23:54 #893840

• Robby2894
  • Robby2894's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Haha just noticed. Was searching for my other half.

Sad day when the bike you picked up has stripped sparkplug holes(91 zephyr750) 10 Jan 2024 00:00 #893841

• Robby2894
  • Robby2894's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7

Huge vac-u-lock dildo?

I would not buy any motorcycle repairing tools from there.

Haha aNd I don't know how to delete them or this topic. Damn oh well thats what you get for having a misses and being spicy

Sad day when the bike you picked up has stripped sparkplug holes(91 zephyr750) 20 Jan 2024 15:47 #894235

• dmax68
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I had a similar problem with a KZ400.
I used the elicoil and it worked great.
I took a cotton t-shirt and cut it making a very long strip of one centimeter, then I brought the piston to the bottom dead center and then I inserted the cotton strip into the cylinder until it was full.
then I also put some grease inside the spark plug socket and then I re-threaded it and put the helicoil in position.
at this point I took out the cotton strip together with the thread shavings.
then I cleaned the cylinder with compressed air.
perfect repair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7, Robby2894