GPZ/KZ 750 Oil seal cover

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Nov 2016 16:48 #747174 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic GPZ/KZ 750 Oil seal cover
Pic of what you have. I wonder how much shipping would be from CA 92241 to there?
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Nov 2016 16:50 #747175 by SWest
Mine's aluminum but it wouldn't be much stronger than that one.
Steve

More
03 Nov 2016 16:56 #747176 by 750 R1
Replied by 750 R1 on topic GPZ/KZ 750 Oil seal cover

swest wrote: Pic of what you have. I wonder how much shipping would be from CA 92241 to there?
Steve

No Pics Steve, Nessism posted a pic earlier in the thread, its exactly the same as mine, so is the one in that Ebay link. I've had plenty of Honda parts shipped from the USA, probably close to 20 grands worth over the last 10 years, I usually get things sent using USPS first class international, that part wouldn't cost much to ship that part from Cali, I have a friend in Long Beach and another in Anaheim that I could probably contact too if worst comes to worst, It would be much easier to find someone in Florida, that would cut out the cross country shipping fees. Give me a few hours, I'll make a call and see what I can arrange. Its very frustrating at times, trying to buy parts internationally. I used to buy vintage guitars from Japan, now that was fun... :woohoo:

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Nov 2016 17:00 #747180 by SWest

More
03 Nov 2016 17:10 #747182 by 750 R1

swest wrote: A pic of what you have the damage.
Steve

I don't own a smart phone mate, or a camera for that matter, if you look at the pic of Nessims engine, you can see where the chain guide bolts to the cover, I has been over tightened and snapped the top mount off, the cover has a small crack , I also found a crack at the base of the second mount from over tightening, The last owner was clueless, I've found stupid stuff everywhere i've looked so far, hoping for no major problems when I finally start the bike. I have new seals and would rather put them in a good cover rather than a damaged one....
Sorry about the lack of pics, I'm just not a camera guy and my son, who usually helps out with pics, is 1000 miles away for work, he won't be back for another week...

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Nov 2016 17:17 #747184 by SWest
I wouldn't waste good seals. I'd use JB Weld to get by for a while. Rough up the aluminum. I used it to hold a clutch push rod seal and rode the bike two years. :whistle:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
03 Nov 2016 17:20 #747185 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic GPZ/KZ 750 Oil seal cover
Do you still have the metal guard and is it usable? You might be able to find a cheaper cover than that one I linked but it may not have the guard.

If needed I can post the cover down to you. Please check USPS.com and look at the box sizes. If it can fit into a Small Flat Rate box the cost is $35 USD.

Small Flat Rate Box
8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750 R1

More
03 Nov 2016 17:43 #747189 by 750 R1

Nessism wrote: Do you still have the metal guard and is it usable? You might be able to find a cheaper cover than that one I linked but it may not have the guard.

If needed I can post the cover down to you. Please check USPS.com and look at the box sizes. If it can fit into a Small Flat Rate box the cost is $35 USD.

Small Flat Rate Box
8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

Thanks for the help men, I don't know why I didn't just call my friend in the US in the first place, its all sorted now, My buddy just bought it and will be sending it to me soon.... Thank you very much for the offers and help, its very much appreciated....

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
03 Nov 2016 17:46 #747190 by SWest