Rotilla

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Sep 2015 13:36 #690058 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Rotilla
If you read earlier threads about oil, you'll see they changed the formulas of the old Castrol, etc. oils. I'll bet I wouldn't have been fouling plugs so much last year. I'm still not sold on synthetics. OLD dog, you know. B)
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2015 13:44 #690063 by jackleberry
Replied by jackleberry on topic Rotilla
Ah, man, I just bought three gallons of Mobile 1... I feel left out of this "no oil burning" club.

1997 KZ1000P (P16)
2001 KZ1000P (P20)

More
14 Sep 2015 13:57 #690069 by jeff80kz1000e2
Replied by jeff80kz1000e2 on topic Rotilla
Now this is coming from a guy ( me ) who is still learning.

So it seems that our air cooled vintage bikes prefer this oil ..... I read on another forum that one of the reasons ( among many) for liquid cooling, was obviously for a more consistant temperature which in turn allows for tighter clearances which these old KZ 's are lacking if I remember correctly. And the Rotella formula is allowing less oil to slip past the rings and or valve seals? Thoughts? Comments?

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Sep 2015 14:12 #690072 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Rotilla
These machines were "cutting edge" in the 70's and still accepted today. I can't say it about the "Other one", but we don't have Catalytic converters ether. I'm just pissed I wasn't told of the change. If it harms clutch plates, does that mean it will attack my cam rollers and other rubber in the engine? :angry: Liquid cooled means it can be run leaner, hotter tuning and still run cool. Lean is mean.
Steve