PMFR clutch release, KZ1000

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
26 Jan 2013 23:36 #569435 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic PMFR clutch release, KZ1000
1 / 1

Roller Clutch Push Rod Kit
APKCB900

Replaces the stock clutch pusher 'mushroom' - eliminates risk of welding clutch push rod to the mushroom when pulling the clutch in at high speed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2013 11:00 - 27 Jan 2013 11:37 #569489 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic PMFR clutch release, KZ1000
I usually make my own outriggers etc from scratch but i have just bought a complete new PMFR cluch release at such a bargain price that it really was cheaper than buying the materials for making my own.
If you still need the spacer measurements in a week or so i will post them here when the postie has been.

As for this statement.

DoubleDub wrote: DO NOT REMOVE THE PUSHROD AS THE BALL BEARING AT THE CLUTCH SIDE CAN FALL INTO THE ENGINE.

Sorry but that is wrong.
The ball bearing is in the input shaft and cannot escape without removing the clutch pusher.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: 27 Jan 2013 11:37 by zed1015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

More
27 Jan 2013 11:14 #569491 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic PMFR clutch release, KZ1000

donthaveakawman wrote: 1 / 1

Roller Clutch Push Rod Kit
APKCB900

Replaces the stock clutch pusher 'mushroom' - eliminates risk of welding clutch push rod to the mushroom when pulling the clutch in at high speed.

As Doubledub stated previous.
That is the Roller clutch pusher that utilises a clutch pusher (mushroom) faced with a radial bearing which runs against the pressure plate to reduce friction.
Under normal circumstances the ball bearing between the pushrod and mushroom does the job just fine but under extreme load ,high rpms and hard launches on mainly drag bikes the ball can friction weld to the pusher, pushrod or both.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman