creamy white goo on the underside of the oil cap

More
25 Mar 2012 11:27 #511847 by Patton

donthaveakawman wrote: ...you dont want to cover the jets on the carburetor with oil....

Did that Yoda say? :huh:

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
03 Apr 2012 06:47 #513738 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic creamy white goo on the underside of the oil cap
i think i need someone to hold my hand while adding fluid to the battery in this thing, i have never actually topped off a battery before. the last thing i need is a spontanious combustion. distilled water i guess and a flashlight along with a rag and good ventilation. that is my guess of course it was 2:00am when i looked in there and using my cell phone for a light probably didnt work. i hope that fixes things right at around 3-5k rpm's the volt gauge in the tach goes nuts. gonna cross my fingers.

More
03 Apr 2012 07:13 #513740 by osage
I pull the battery out to add water. I use a strong light shining on one side so that I can see the fuild better between low and full marks. I have used a syringe to add water. Used an old ear wash bulb last week to top of a friends battery.
Generating a spark while charging wet cell batteries is not good thing.

1976 KZ750B1
1982 KZ750H3

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 May 2012 03:15 #522863 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic creamy white goo on the underside of the oil cap
i found that my #1 cylinder exhaust valve has .08 clearance, which is the smallest feeler on my gauge and it didn't fit on all the others, i don't have an oil cooler on my deal.
also i noticed one of my float valves the needle valve doesn't have the clip, and the idle mixture screw is missing a washer. i am going to go out on a limb here and say that is why this thing sounds like it is mooing when i turn the idle speed screw on the linkage. when coming to a stop in neutral or with the clutch pulled in it will rev and then die down continuously until i take off again, i turned down the idle today and it idles just fine. its either the missing clip, the idle mixture screw washer or a stuck CV

slide i think i am going to have to try to get some parts this weekend.