Cleaning combustion chambers...thoughts??

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
22 Oct 2012 18:55 - 22 Oct 2012 18:56 #555241 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Cleaning combustion chambers...thoughts??
every time i get a good pull in 2nd or 3rd gear i end up loosing my clutch night about 2/3 through the powerband and taking it well into the redline. there is plenty of play in my clutch cable.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 18:56 by donthaveakawman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
23 Oct 2012 00:00 #555304 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Cleaning combustion chambers...thoughts??

donthaveakawman wrote: your clutch resides in your engine oil, so there is a special kind of oil that you can use that is called motorcycle oil(with wet clutch protection). come on man your profile shows you have over 3509 posts on this forum, are you agreeing with me so you can agree with me when i explain what it is i am talking about? :huh:

Actually I have closer to 20,000 posts on here in the last 10 years and have built more big bore 900/1000 plus size motors in the last 20 plus years than many people on here have ever started.
Ive been using synthetic oil in many motors for close to 30 years,you know the same stuff people have been saying for 30 plus years causes clutches to slip without an oil related clutch issue.
Ive also run just about every other kind of dino bone related oil in differant motors without an oil related clutch issue as well,the clutch issues I tend to come across repairing other peoples motors tend to be caused by lack of general maintenance like the inability to properly adjust a kawasaki clutch cable at the 3 seperate points on the cable.
Which in turn leads to clutches getting hot,warping the steel plates and glazing of friction plates.
Another problem I see is people not changing oil/filters ,I dont care how many additives your oil has or doesnt have if you dont change it when its dirty all the trash gets worked through the system including the clutch and screws stuff up. B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• wireman
  • User
More
23 Oct 2012 00:05 #555305 by wireman

donthaveakawman wrote: you don't want to mess with me right now, as you can see i have changed my profile picture to a moose. if you run over a moose it is not going to stop the moose if he is big enough, dipstick...

Moose huh?
I loved you on that pep boys brake pad commercial!
Personally I consider myself a hemmeroid,and everybody knows the affect a hemmoroid has on an asshole! :sick: :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Humenik

• wireman
  • User
More
23 Oct 2012 00:08 #555306 by wireman

donthaveakawman wrote: i'm thinking my gm hei module could use a rewiring and hidden from the rain maybe under the seat.
a thought about individual pod filters instead of a k&n in the airbox; a person could move the airbox forward, take the carb connectors out and hide the individual filters inside the airbox then move the airbox forward- along with removing the filter and screw on cap. stage 3 jet set here we go... mostly to hide the filters from theft and the elements.

Why not just install a k&n replacement filter inside the stock airbox? B)

• wireman
  • User
More
23 Oct 2012 00:09 #555307 by wireman

donthaveakawman wrote:

wireman wrote:

donthaveakawman wrote: sea-foam will eat right through the lining of your clutch. What would the children think if you had to walk home because your clutch isn't working, huh? :kiss:

Have you seen sea foam eat through clutc plates? :whistle:

i wouldn't knock it if i handn't tried it.

Thats why Im asking you o wise one,so have you had this happen or not? B)

• wireman
  • User
More
23 Oct 2012 00:13 #555308 by wireman

donthaveakawman wrote: every time i get a good pull in 2nd or 3rd gear i end up loosing my clutch night about 2/3 through the powerband and taking it well into the redline. there is plenty of play in my clutch cable.[/quote
Your clutch is/was slipping.
Did you remember to take up the slack in the bottem adjustment through the clutch cover first then at the clutch lever then do final adjustment in the center of the cable? B)

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
23 Oct 2012 02:42 #555330 by donthaveakawman
i've had about enough out of you, you are confusing. :huh:

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
23 Oct 2012 02:49 #555332 by donthaveakawman
can you keep it clean, i don't want to hear about hemorrhoids.

• wireman
  • User
More
23 Oct 2012 12:48 #555362 by wireman

donthaveakawman wrote: i've had about enough out of you, you are confusing. :huh:

Im just replying to your posts,youre the confusing one! :laugh:

• wireman
  • User
More
23 Oct 2012 12:50 #555363 by wireman

donthaveakawman wrote: can you keep it clean, i don't want to hear about hemorrhoids.

Well you quit acting like an internet tough guy,and Ill stop talking about bringing assholes to a screaching halt! :woohoo:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
23 Oct 2012 14:21 #555373 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic Cleaning combustion chambers...thoughts??
To think - I almost missed this place. Oh well. :(

More
23 Oct 2012 15:23 #555390 by Del_Herring
Replied by Del_Herring on topic Cleaning combustion chambers...thoughts??
Yea. Seems like the trolls have been starting to roll in lately :( . I'm all for lively debate about contended topics, it's great for learning. But I definitely get tired of reading through a bunch of people's personal attacks. It's completely irrelevant to me, just takes up space and time.

Remember kids, don't feed the trolls.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre
The following user(s) said Thank You: BRABBIT04161991