ebay box o'junk

More
17 Jul 2016 08:28 - 17 Jul 2016 12:26 #735244 by GPzMOD750
ebay box o'junk was created by GPzMOD750
Long story short, I made a low ball offer on a KZ550 gear set and related parts.

It was accepted and I got it last Saturday. I set it aside since I was busy and it was a back burner project anyway.

I nearly tripped over it yesterday and I figured I should probably open it to see exactly what I'd received.

WTF!!!! I opened a return request, I hope it was just a mistake but I'm not holding my breath. At least I know worst case, I'll get my money back from ebay.
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2016 12:26 by GPzMOD750.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Jul 2016 11:57 #735262 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic ebay box o'junk
Not AS DESCRIBED. Any other way he can charge you return shipping and dispute your claim. :angry:
Steve

More
17 Jul 2016 12:31 - 17 Jul 2016 12:34 #735265 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic ebay box o'junk

swest wrote: Not AS DESCRIBED. Any other way he can charge you return shipping and dispute your claim. :angry:
Steve

I filed under "wrong item". I don't expect to hear from the seller until a least tomorrow if at all.

I found another set that looks in better shape, has a few more parts and the seller is has 100% feed back. $20 more shipped.

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2016 12:34 by GPzMOD750.

More
18 Jul 2016 18:19 #735384 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic ebay box o'junk
Seller- "hello i am really sorry for the trouble we have located some kz650 transmission parts. will that work?"

WTF so you didn't have one to begin with????

Me- "Nope, that's a 5 speed. I wanted a 6. Please refund, I've already found an alternative. If you want this box of parts back send me a label."

DUH!!!!

Seller- "hello we are sorry for the trouble you may go ahead and keep the parts for the trouble and we will just go ahead and issue the refund."

What? Were they just trying to get rid of some parts and hoping I wouldn't notice until the return period was up?

Well, anyway, i have some miscellaneous parts, At least they appear to be Kawi, I'll see if there is anything that's useful or I recognize and maybe i can pass them on.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
18 Jul 2016 19:11 #735387 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic ebay box o'junk
That's one of the ploys. I've bought things for later use only to find out too late they were wrong. Now I inspect everything I buy be it on eBay or other suppliers. I'll give negative feed back in a heart beat. Only two have made it right on their own. :angry:
Steve

More
19 Jul 2016 22:45 #735512 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic ebay box o'junk
Weird transaction to say the least.

If that ignition plate is good, it's worth some money. I can't remember what type your gpz uses. I think they went to electronic advance in 83, maybe?

More
20 Jul 2016 06:57 #735531 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Re:ebay box o'junk
The plate you can see in the pic is really rusty on the other side. There's another one in there in worse condition. My bike came with pickup coils and mechanical advance. Electronic advance started in '83 according to the FSM.

I haven't looked at the contents enough. Just a cursory glance. There is an oil pump of some sort, a beat up ignition cover...

I'll inventory it when I get a chance. I doubt there's anything I need in there. If anyone needs anything they can have it for postage.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
20 Jul 2016 07:03 #735533 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Re:ebay box o'junk
Was it paidin or oink by any chance? Been burned by both. Tried to communicate with them but got no replies after the first time. eBay was no help.
Steve

More
20 Jul 2016 07:23 #735537 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Re:ebay box o'junk
No, it was r1yoshi. At least they replied and paid up when they knew they were busted.

I still gave them negative feedback.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
  • Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
20 Jul 2016 08:06 #735544 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Re:ebay box o'junk

GPzMOD750 wrote: No, it was r1yoshi. At least they replied and paid up when they knew they were busted.

I've bought stuff from that r1yoshi guy before. His prices are just about the cheapest you will find. The parts were kind of thrashed and he doesn't spend a lot of time disclosing everything so purchasing from him is sort of a crapshoot.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
20 Jul 2016 08:17 #735552 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Re:ebay box o'junk
I look at the pics and save them if I buy. I don't buy sight unseen. If the seller doesn't care to post accurate pics, he won't get my business.
One guy sold me a swing arm pivot saying it was for a Z1. It wasn't, I left bad feedback, he contacted me, refunded my money and I reversed my negative feedback. He's in my good guys thread.
Steve