ebay box o'junk

More
04 Aug 2016 09:32 - 04 Aug 2016 09:35 #737400 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic ebay box o'junk
Update I just got this from the seller:

Hi, I see there was some trouble with this transaction. This is the owner writing you. Can you tell me how my staff handled this problem? Are you willing to work with me on the feedback if I can work with you on some type of resolution? We can both move forward from this in a positive direction. What do you say?

- r1yoshi

My reply;

I don't see how. I ordered a part, received a box of scrap parts, correction, junk. When I report it I'm offered a different, incorrect item for replacement. The only plus is that you immediately refunded my money.

If it had been a damaged item or if there was a shipping error I would have been more forgiving. It seems to me this was a bait and switch with the hopes that I wouldn't check the item until needed after the return policy had expired. I even searched all your ended items for any item remotely close to what I had received to see if it was a labeling error and found no such item.

I appreciate the contact but I see no reason to change my feedback. It was a trick in itself to leave feedback after reporting an issue with an item but I've found a way to do it. Which also makes me wonder how many more have {had} similar issues and haven't been able to leave feedback.

FYI; if you can't see or leave feedback on an item since it's been reported by you to have an issue I've been able to pull the item up and leave feedback on it through the mobile app (android in my case). I don't know why ebay wont let you readily see items in dispute without looking up the message confirming the issue has been opened or leave feedback after the resolution or lack thereof on the full web site.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2016 09:35 by GPzMOD750.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
04 Aug 2016 10:28 #737405 by SWest

More
08 Aug 2016 06:18 #737820 by car5car
Replied by car5car on topic Re:ebay box o'junk

GPzMOD750 wrote: No, it was r1yoshi. At least they replied and paid up when they knew they were busted.

I still gave them negative feedback.

You got your money back, you have some parts you can sell on ebay and you still gave seller negative feedback? Did it cross your mind that it could be a mistake? Seller would never hope to get away with shipping wrong parts. I shipped wrong part once by mistake, it was different relay. I just shipped right one as soon as buyer let me know. People make mistakes.
I have about 1100 100% positive feedbacks.

96 Yamaha Royal Star
82 Yamaha Virago 920

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
08 Aug 2016 06:32 - 08 Aug 2016 06:33 #737823 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Re:ebay box o'junk
I've reversed feedback IF they made it right. Most of the time they DON'T. :whistle:
Steve
Last edit: 08 Aug 2016 06:33 by SWest.

More
08 Aug 2016 08:17 #737835 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Re:RE: Re:ebay box o'junk

car5car wrote: You got your money back, you have some parts you can sell on ebay and you still gave seller negative feedback? Did it cross your mind that it could be a mistake? Seller would never hope to get away with shipping wrong parts. I shipped wrong part once by mistake, it was different relay. I just shipped right one as soon as buyer let me know. People make mistakes.
I have about 1100 100% positive feedbacks.

Yes, it occurred to me that it was a packing error. I actually spent more than an hour going through all their sold items to see if they had sold this box of junk to someone else. Nothing that I could see.

When they responded to the return request they didn't even hint to such an error and apparently didn't have the item to begin with. They settled with a refund pronto because they knew if I got eBay resolution center involved they could be banned.

I've sold hundreds of items in eBay in past and know the ropes. I actually worked a call center job on behalf of eBay for about a year when I was otherwise out of work so I know how some if these sellers operate. They do their best to get away with as much as they can and are very careful to stay off the eBay admin radar if they are called on it.

As for reselling, this box of shit isn't worth putting in a sock and beating someone with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest