Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Oct 2016 11:48 #744460 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
I have been watching this Z1 Ent. thing for a while. I need some stuff also this winter.
Now! Did Jeff Saunders pick up shop, Near Rochester, NY, 70 miles from my house and move to Florida????????????
Or is this just like Amazon?? With a big ass computer server??
Shipping product out of a warehouse with robotic order picking.
A 3rd party, seperate enity???
I am getting this feeling that Jeff sold the Name rights to this other place in Florida and it's just a mail order facility.
Over the years I have talked to Jeff for hours on the phone, I knew he built a 60,000 Sq. foot metal pole building.
He got one of the good Ol' boys from Orient Express Racing to work with him.
But I have not had communications with Jeff in 3 years.
Maybe "HAL" runs it all :ohmy: :ohmy: 2001 a space odyssey :woohoo: :woohoo: Youngsters?, google it!
Jeff is Dave! :laugh: :laugh:

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2016 11:48 #744461 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
Thank you to Steve and Patton for the tips. My needed parts are on the way. Now I know of another outlet for a part that is unobtainable from a previous supplier.
Anyone in the sales rep or customer relations fields knows the importance of meeting a customers needs, no matter how small, to keep your business surviving and growing. Obsolete or discontinued items that have a dwindling need or demand are one thing. Common items that are periodically needed by a great deal of regular customers is another. When supply becomes limited or non-existant, you try to improve that situatation to keep customers satisfied and coming back time and time again. Any businessman or sales rep knows that a customer that complains will more than likely come back. It's the quiet customers who say nothing that are most likely to NOT return and take their business elsewhere. One of the 1st things I learned in the sales field back in the '70's was told me by that business owner. He said..."you should THANK any and all customers for complaining, because that most likely means they will be back time and time again. For complaints let you know where improvements need to be made". There's an awful lot of truth to that. Smart words to live by for any business owner or manager. When you start sounding and acting like you don't care is when business falls off and starts to fail. Z1e will continue to get my business depending on whatever it may be that I need. I am not the 1st dissatisfied customer that 'Norton' has dealt with, and undoubtedly won't be the last...but I will be back as long as they have what I need. I am sure that Norton and any sales rep at Z1e is very well aware of that. Thanks Steve and Patton.

Vroom-vroom!! .............................Mike

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Oct 2016 11:50 #744462 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
HAL, I need some ign. points!!
Sorry Jeff, I can't do that

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

More
04 Oct 2016 11:59 #744463 by Rockranch

z1kzonly wrote: I have been watching this Z1 Ent. thing for a while. I need some stuff also this winter.
Now! Did Jeff Saunders pick up shop, Near Rochester, NY, 70 miles from my house and move to Florida????????????
Or is this just like Amazon?? With a big ass computer server??
Shipping product out of a warehouse with robotic order picking.
A 3rd party, seperate enity???
I am getting this feeling that Jeff sold the Name rights to this other place in Florida and it's just a mail order facility.
Over the years I have talked to Jeff for hours on the phone, I knew he built a 60,000 Sq. foot metal pole building.
He got one of the good Ol' boys from Orient Express Racing to work with him.
But I have not had communications with Jeff in 3 years.
Maybe "HAL" runs it all :ohmy: :ohmy: 2001 a space odyssey :woohoo: :woohoo: Youngsters?, google it!
Jeff is Dave! :laugh: :laugh:

Alien abduction perhaps...whereabouts unknown in a mystery universe nodoubt.

Vroom-vroom! .......................................Nanu-Nanu

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
04 Oct 2016 12:32 #744464 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
I just got this in a e-mail.
Steve

FREE SHIPPING orders over $150
View in browser
MikesXS.net
MikesXS Yamaha OHC 650
MikesXS New and Improved Website!
It is an exciting day in the history of MikesXS. I am pleased to announce that we have a new website.

Probably the most exciting aspect of the new website is that it makes it easier for you to use your mobile phone or tablet when viewing MikesXS through its responsive design functionality.

We've also made improvements to the product search navigation and allow you to view your order history in MyAccount.

Finally, the website features a Tech Center and Bike Gallery, which is our blog where we will be providing tech advice and pictures of customer’s bike projects. If you have any pictures, or articles you would like posted, please email us at customerservice@mikesxs.net.

Please be sure to log in to your account and update your address and phone number.

While the website is new, our commitment to you remains the same. To provide you with all of your part needs at a low cost with exceptional customer service.

I would love to hear any feedback you have about our website.

Ride on,
Russ
www.mikesxs.net

More
04 Oct 2016 14:36 #744472 by 750 R1
Replied by 750 R1 on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

Nerdy wrote:

Rockranch wrote: P.S. My reply to their reply was as follows............."Thank you for your reply. However I will not be forced to buy an electronic ignition when these parts should be readily available. I have been a loyal Z1e customer for a good many years. I currently have several other items in my cart...however at this time I will cancel my cart and find another outlet for my KZ motorcycle parts. Thanks.

Mike"

So your response was to be a jerk to a customer service rep who is in no way at fault for the lack of that specific part. Nice.

OTOH they probably won't miss having you as a customer, so that's good.

I couldn't agree more, How the hell is a Japanese manufacturer the responsibility of Z1, or anyone else for that matter..? If Z1 don't have the points, do what everyone else does and buy them somewhere else..... Here's a tip, if TEC in Japan aren't making them then I'd be looking elsewhere quick, Daichi points are rubbish and not worth the money, they do everything from fall apart to making a bike un-tunable. Seen hundreds of cases with Honda's as mentioned earlier in this thread, google "Daichi CB750 points" and have a read. No one tried to "force" you into an electronic ignition...!! It was offered as an alternative , and seeings though points are yesterdays technology, an electronic set up is the go, no more maintenance or worrying where your next set of points are coming from...

More
04 Oct 2016 14:38 #744473 by D3
Replied by D3 on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
rumour has it a Chineese company has bought both Z1 Ent and Mikes XS, not sure if correct but l believe so, hhmmmmm......

l buy parts from both.

[URL[/IMG][/URL]

More
04 Oct 2016 15:23 #744478 by Rockranch

750 R1 wrote:

Nerdy wrote:

Rockranch wrote: P.S. My reply to their reply was as follows............."Thank you for your reply. However I will not be forced to buy an electronic ignition when these parts should be readily available. I have been a loyal Z1e customer for a good many years. I currently have several other items in my cart...however at this time I will cancel my cart and find another outlet for my KZ motorcycle parts. Thanks.

Mike"

So your response was to be a jerk to a customer service rep who is in no way at fault for the lack of that specific part. Nice.

I couldn't agree more, How the hell is a Japanese manufacturer the responsibility of Z1, or anyone else for that matter..? If Z1 don't have the points, do what everyone else does and buy them somewhere else..... Here's a tip, if TEC in Japan aren't making them then I'd be looking elsewhere quick, Daichi points are rubbish and not worth the money, they do everything from fall apart to making a bike un-tunable. Seen hundreds of cases with Honda's as mentioned earlier in this thread, google "Daichi CB750 points" and have a read. No one tried to "force" you into an electronic ignition...!! It was offered as an alternative , and seeings though points are yesterdays technology, an electronic set up is the go, no more maintenance or worrying where your next set of points are coming from...

So quick to condemn lol. They miss the point completely. Read on pal. Case resolved. Everyone happy. :) :)

Vroom- vroom!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

More
04 Oct 2016 15:39 #744481 by 750 R1
Replied by 750 R1 on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

Rockranch wrote:

750 R1 wrote:

Nerdy wrote:

Mike"

So quick to condemn lol.
Vroom- vroom!

Only going on past form and what you said here mate, a couple of days ago you were bad mouthing {not discussing} an Ebay seller with 100% sales record/feedback, calling him a fraud {without any evidence} and then messaging him, inviting him to the very same thread to respond.. WTF ....? now this unreasonable little rant, If you don't want anyone to reply like this, then maybe rethink your strategy.. sorry but I'm just pointing out the obvious...!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 531blackbanshee

More
04 Oct 2016 17:13 #744491 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
I don't think some people realize how difficult the motorcycle parts business can be, especially when it comes to classic bikes. Z1E can't control the suppliers. Also, there's the matter of practical inventory. A great deal of money can be tied up in the blink of an eye and it may take quite a while for the return on the investment to be realized.

I usually have a lengthy conversation with Jeff once a year in which we discuss how the season went business wise. Don't ever assume that Jeff or any of his staff don't care about customers because nothing could be further from the truth.

Larry C.

More
04 Oct 2016 17:51 #744492 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

LarryC wrote: ......Don't ever assume that Jeff or any of his staff don't care about customers because nothing could be further from the truth.

Amen! It's been a few years ago, but Jeff was able to get a part for me that was not available in the US but was still available in Japan. That's what I call outstanding customer service! Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
05 Oct 2016 04:03 #744512 by KawiTom
Replied by KawiTom on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
Sounds to me like it is unclear who actually runs z1ent nowadays.1/2 say yay 1/2 say nay. I've run into a similar issue with them with 650 parts.

KZ650SR
H2 750
H1 500