Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

More
05 Apr 2016 17:01 #719425 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
Make sure you are contacting the right place (use Steve and Mikes links). I thought there was some mixup with another company with a similar name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2016 18:13 - 05 Apr 2016 18:40 #719438 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

loudhvx wrote: Make sure you are contacting the right place (use Steve and Mikes links). I thought there was some mixup with another company with a similar name.

It could have been this one...

Attachment 2016-01-28001002.JPG not found

Attachment 2016-01-28001004.JPG not found

...same order. Packages labeled NY...invoice labeled Fl.. One UPS and other USPS priority mail. Same Z1 Ent. Had a parts package arrive 2 days ago USPS Pri-mail labeled Z1 Enterprises. .........................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Apr 2016 18:40 by Rockranch. Reason: unf

More
04 Oct 2016 07:15 - 04 Oct 2016 07:17 #744436 by Rockranch
Z1e's problems still exist. It seems finding simple parts such as ignition points/condensers is getting obsolete??? WTF! I asked them why they list the 'left' points and not the 'right' points for a KZ900.

My question via email..."I'm looking for tune up kit/parts for a '76 KZ900. I'm finding the condenser and 'left' points listed in your parts pages. Why no 'right' points?

Thanks for any help or info, ..............................Mike"

Their response..."Hello Mike,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Our supplier has really let us down, actually a couple of our suppliers. The points will not appear on our shelves for quite a while. When the condensers and RH points are gone that is it. We will be out. However, try this if you are interested you could go to the pointless ignition system. Check out Part# DYDS2-1 on our website. If we can assist further do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks for your inquiry,
Norton
Customer Service Team"

LOL WHAT??? Blaming it on their supplier(s)? I will not be forced to buy an electronic ignition when these parts should be readily available. I actually have one on hand I can install in my bike, but I want this one to stay stock point system. Anyone else still having Z1e probs? What other reliable outlets for ignition points tuneup parts for KZ900/1000's? Very frustrated in Cali.

Vroom-vroom! .......................................Mike

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

Last edit: 04 Oct 2016 07:17 by Rockranch. Reason: msp

More
04 Oct 2016 07:20 #744437 by Rockranch

Rockranch wrote: Z1e's problems still exist. It seems finding simple parts such as ignition points/condensers is getting obsolete??? WTF! I asked them why they list the 'left' points and not the 'right' points for a KZ900.

My question via email..."I'm looking for tune up kit/parts for a '76 KZ900. I'm finding the condenser and 'left' points listed in your parts pages. Why no 'right' points?

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Our supplier has really let us down, actually a couple of our suppliers. The points will not appear on our shelves for quite a while. When the condensers and RH points are gone that is it. We will be out. However, try this if you are interested you could go to the pointless ignition system. Check out Part# DYDS2-1 on our website. If we can assist further do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks for your inquiry,
Norton
Customer Service Team"

LOL WHAT??? Blaming it on their supplier(s)? I will not be forced to buy an electronic ignition when these parts should be readily available. I actually have one on hand I can install in my bike, but I want this one to stay stock point system. Anyone else still having Z1e probs? What other reliable outlets for ignition points tuneup parts for KZ900/1000's? Very frustrated in Cali.

P.S. My reply to their reply was as follows............."Thank you for your reply. However I will not be forced to buy an electronic ignition when these parts should be readily available. I have been a loyal Z1e customer for a good many years. I currently have several other items in my cart...however at this time I will cancel my cart and find another outlet for my KZ motorcycle parts. Thanks.

Mike" .................

Vroom-vroom! ..............................Mike

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
04 Oct 2016 07:27 #744439 by SWest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rockranch

More
04 Oct 2016 07:36 - 04 Oct 2016 07:37 #744440 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
Points are getting scarce for everything. My buddy primarly works on Hondas, and he has had nothing but trouble trying to source good points (for the most common bikes around CB350/360 and CB450). He showed me some of the cheap Chinese knockoffs. They come with oval shaped pivot bores instead of round, so the points move in every direction at random during operation... impossible to set correctly. He has to throw them away.

So it may not be a Z1E issue. It may be a universal problem.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2016 07:37 by loudhvx.

More
04 Oct 2016 08:00 #744443 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
Wonder if there's a virtually identical automotive equivalent?

Z1 points had to come from somewhere, and maybe KHI sourced the points from an outside supplier?

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
04 Oct 2016 08:44 #744445 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service
Perhaps KHI sourced points from from TEC and/or Mitsubishi and maybe others.

Kawasaki part number for points:
LEFT (1&4): 21008-027
RIGHT (2&3): 21008-028

www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=21008-027

www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=21008-028

ebay search for either part number produces numerous items.

Amazon search for either part number produces either set for sale.

I don't know which if any of these could be unacceptable knock-offs.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• Nerdy
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Oct 2016 09:27 #744447 by Nerdy
Replied by Nerdy on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

Rockranch wrote: Z1e's problems still exist. It seems finding simple parts such as ignition points/condensers is getting obsolete??? WTF! I asked them why they list the 'left' points and not the 'right' points for a KZ900.

Thanks for your inquiry,
Norton
Customer Service Team"

Yes, their suppliers. That's where they actually get the parts. it's not as if Z1E makes everything by hand in-house, like some weird KZ-centric Santa's workshop.

And no one is forcing you to do anything. You wanted a part that was obviously not in stock; you were offered an alternative. That's it. Not sure why you're so upset about it.

1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1980 KZ440B
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
1981 GPz550
2013 Yamaha FZ6R

• Nerdy
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Oct 2016 09:31 #744448 by Nerdy
Replied by Nerdy on topic Z1 Enterprises - Feedback on Service

Rockranch wrote: P.S. My reply to their reply was as follows............."Thank you for your reply. However I will not be forced to buy an electronic ignition when these parts should be readily available. I have been a loyal Z1e customer for a good many years. I currently have several other items in my cart...however at this time I will cancel my cart and find another outlet for my KZ motorcycle parts. Thanks.

Mike"

So your response was to be a jerk to a customer service rep who is in no way at fault for the lack of that specific part. Nice.

OTOH they probably won't miss having you as a customer, so that's good.

1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1980 KZ440B
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
1981 GPz550
2013 Yamaha FZ6R

More
04 Oct 2016 09:40 #744449 by Rockranch

Nerdy wrote:

Thanks for your inquiry,
Norton
Customer Service Team"

Yes, their suppliers. That's where they actually get the parts. it's not as if Z1E makes everything by hand in-house, like some weird KZ-centric Santa's workshop.

And no one is forcing you to do anything. You wanted a part that was obviously not in stock; you were offered an alternative. That's it. Not sure why you're so upset about it.

Obviously they don't make parts, however if similar parts are available somewhere else, you wld think they wld make an attempt to find another source for similar parts to keep their customers (new or longtime) coming back, rather than saying ..."when these parts are gone, that's it". Pretty simple actually. Businesses that lose a supplier for whatever product/item it is, they typically find another supplier for like items. That wld indicate a business that's purposely reducing their stock for downsizing purposes. Not good for business if they're planning on staying in business.

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

More
04 Oct 2016 09:42 #744450 by Rockranch

Nerdy wrote:

Rockranch wrote: P.S. My reply to their reply was as follows............."Thank you for your reply. However I will not be forced to buy an electronic ignition when these parts should be readily available. I have been a loyal Z1e customer for a good many years. I currently have several other items in my cart...however at this time I will cancel my cart and find another outlet for my KZ motorcycle parts. Thanks.

Mike"

So your response was to be a jerk to a customer service rep who is in no way at fault for the lack of that specific part. Nice.

OTOH they probably won't miss having you as a customer, so that's good.

LOL!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified