Brainless youngsters!

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
18 Feb 2016 03:19 - 18 Feb 2016 03:25 #711220 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic Brainless youngsters!

Rockranch wrote: LOL most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

Vroom-vroom!!!

have you been following the 2016 election? :laugh:

ps. the guy was clearly riding like an asshat. my emphasis was on conscientious and pragmatic.... they were going way over 10-15 of traffic speed, also if he would have committed to splitting instead of weaving in traffic it may have been a different story.

You live in CA, do you lane split?
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 03:25 by DoctoRot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2016 03:24 - 18 Feb 2016 03:26 #711221 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic Brainless youngsters!
Here's the full video. Got what he was destined for. Love the ending! Superman aint so super now huh! ...............................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 03:26 by Rockranch. Reason: vid

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
More
18 Feb 2016 03:26 #711222 by DoctoRot

More
18 Feb 2016 03:29 #711223 by Rockranch

DoctoRot wrote:

Rockranch wrote: LOL most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

Vroom-vroom!!!

have you been following the 2016 election? :laugh:

ps. the guy was clearly riding like an asshat. my emphasis was on conscientious and pragmatic.... they were going way over 10-15 of traffic speed, also if he would have committed to splitting instead of weaving in traffic it may have been a different story.

Hence the thread title..."Brainless youngsters".

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
More
18 Feb 2016 03:33 #711224 by DoctoRot
I think we can agree there is a big difference between doing 185mph in traffic and filtering at a reasonable speed. I just hate to see people generalize something based on the behavior of a few.

do you lane split?

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
18 Feb 2016 05:11 #711231 by bluej58
Replied by bluej58 on topic Brainless youngsters!

Irish-Kawi wrote: If some moron wants to take themselves out of the gene pool be my guest happy to even help, but the moment they try to pull innocent bystanders in and potentially remove them from the gene pool that's when I get pissed and it's not ok. I saw for a moment the speedo hit 290 kph, that's 180 mph WTF?! Take it to a track a-hole!

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

More
18 Feb 2016 06:19 - 18 Feb 2016 06:22 #711252 by redhawk4
Replied by redhawk4 on topic Brainless youngsters!
That video made my stomach tighten up just watching it and I could feel myself reaching for the brakes, With that sort of speed differential trough virtually stationary traffic, what happened was only a matter of time, in fact the way they were riding they were lucky to get as far as they did.

To lane split safely is pretty hard to do, because you do need to have time to assess what each driver is up to, have they seen you and are they going to hold their position. There are also plenty who will deliberately move or accelerate to stop anyone from passing or cutting in front of them.

The "accident" in the video, came down to a lack of anticipation by that rider and could easily have been avoided with a little less speed and more concentration on the traffic and other road users.

1978 KZ1000A2 Wiseco 1075 kit
1977 KZ650B1
1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V
1968 BSA Victor Special 441
2015 Triumph Thunderbird LT
1980 Suzuki SP400

Old enough to know better, still too young to care
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 06:22 by redhawk4.

More
18 Feb 2016 06:24 #711254 by redhawk4
Replied by redhawk4 on topic Brainless youngsters!

bluej58 wrote:

Irish-Kawi wrote: If some moron wants to take themselves out of the gene pool be my guest happy to even help, but the moment they try to pull innocent bystanders in and potentially remove them from the gene pool that's when I get pissed and it's not ok. I saw for a moment the speedo hit 290 kph, that's 180 mph WTF?! Take it to a track a-hole!

That's just horrible, but the relatively small frontal area of a bike combined with plenty of speed will make it penetrate into a vehicle much more so than another car would.

1978 KZ1000A2 Wiseco 1075 kit
1977 KZ650B1
1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V
1968 BSA Victor Special 441
2015 Triumph Thunderbird LT
1980 Suzuki SP400

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

More
18 Feb 2016 06:43 #711257 by Rockranch

redhawk4 wrote:

bluej58 wrote:

That's just horrible, but the relatively small frontal area of a bike combined with plenty of speed will make it penetrate into a vehicle much more so than another car would.

Yep. Just like a torpedo hitting the broad side of a ship. Out here on Cali. freeways, going 85-90 is common just to keep up with traffic and keep from being ran over even on the open highway, much less metro areas. The rudeness in a surprising many drivers is much more than any state I've been to. The common riding thought to remember no matter where you are is expect the unexpected. For those who use their heads when doing 80 mph wheelies...2 thumbs up!. For the idiots who don't...well you could have had a very bright future. .........................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1 modified

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
18 Feb 2016 06:52 #711259 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Brainless youngsters!
I was coming home from my daughter's place on the 15. At the base of the hill the 15 and 215 split and I was on the 215 side going E. Traffic was backed up so I started splitting the two lanes doing about 5 mph. Most people would move over to let me pass but this one elderly jerk moved to hug the line. He had a sticker on his trunk saying he served in the Army in WW II. Next to him was a elderly man in a small pick up wearing a embroidered Navy hat. He smiled and moved over for me. I nodded at him, rolled up the the jerks window and yelled, "Yeah you served in the Army all right, in the WAC's!" I could hear the Gafa from the old guy in the truck as I rode away. B)
I don't know where these angry sons of Benedict come from but there seems to be no shortage of them :dry:
Steve

More
18 Feb 2016 06:53 #711260 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic Brainless youngsters!
I too felt myself reaching for the breaks and leaning in my chair watching the video. I'm normally quite the slow rider, but once in a while I do crank it up, but responsibly. I used to have an 06 z1000. Thing cruised like grandmas buick at 120. Seriously, I'd be scootin to work just thinking about whatever and look down and see 120...oops. I did give 'er the berries once and last speed that I was brave enough to look down at was 178. The z1000 was a fast bike, but there are faster...

I recently purchased a harley and the wife wanted to do a local central wi rally (Tomahawk fall ride). We were excited to check it out. Afterwards we decided its not for us. All the drinking and riding wasn't my bag. And on top of that most of the guys drove like complete asshats. Not only did they not obey ANY traffic signs/signals in town, but we even had dudes cutting us off on the hwy and other BS like that.... of course it wasn't everyone that did it, but there was enough to turn me off.

More
18 Feb 2016 07:10 #711267 by rrsmsw9999
Replied by rrsmsw9999 on topic Brainless youngsters!
This is why I own cruisers and old bikes. Never been on a sport bike, snowmobile or muscle/sports car that I didn't find the urge to wring it out to the max. Granted the nonsense in the video is a public safety hazard, but having run many a 1500+ mile plus days, 100+ doesn't seem that fast after acclimated. The Vulcan will purr along at 100 all day/night long. On the small 4 KZs riding prolonged at speed would require a hemorrhoidectomy. :woohoo:

R

1980 KZ 1000E2
Crashed 6/2016

1980 KZ550A
Sold 3/2016