Brainless youngsters!

More
18 Feb 2016 07:27 #711271 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic Brainless youngsters!
Besides...what fun is having a 200mph bike if you never get to show off your bright shiny engine??? Bet many of them cldn't even tell ya what their engines look like lol. Hell the motor is the heartbeat of every bike. Why hide them with plastic??? Race tracks like Willow Springs Raceway it's obviously a no-brainer, but for every day riding? I don't get it. ......................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2016 07:58 #711278 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Brainless youngsters!
Of course I'd never do it and it makes my blood boil when I see it I can see where more and more people are swerving over at bikes now.

Glad I never got that Ninja too ... love that top end but only out here in the sticks where I don't endanger so many.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

More
18 Feb 2016 09:48 #711294 by Olajoe
Replied by Olajoe on topic Brainless youngsters!
Lane splitting is illegal here in colorado. But, you can share a lane co ride with one other motorcycle. You can but you can't if it's not a bike. I only ride locally and work in the same area. So on any given day you are driving among clients and prospectives. So in a sense, you kind of have to always be mindful :S You never know when you pull up to a light and a driver is stretched out of the vehicle waving at you because they recognize as their student's parent. This is where the helmet comes in handy.

More
18 Feb 2016 09:53 #711297 by Olajoe
the real beauty of a KZ. Comes ready quipped with high speed governor. No way of doing 100mph+ on my ride while remaining calm withough a windshield. Not happening.

More
18 Feb 2016 10:17 #711300 by Olajoe
On a side note, at least these guys are even wearing helmets. I can remember when you never saw a helmet anywhere. Now on a kz with a helmet you can imagine you are the phantom ghostrider guy and 9 out of 10 passerbys wouldn't even know the difference. They'll flip you off just the same. 150mph wheelies, splitting lanes, oh please, piece of cake. Just click the play button. Don't like the end result, fine just click the x. :lol:

More
18 Feb 2016 11:33 - 18 Feb 2016 11:34 #711313 by !Seymore
Replied by !Seymore on topic Brainless youngsters!

DoctoRot wrote: You live in CA, do you lane split?

Useta live in Slimy (Simi) Valley, spent 2 years there (mid-90's) and split traffic all the time. Had my KZ1000ST at the time and always encountered the dweebs that would cut you off, if/when they saw you coming. I suspect they were also "mirror watcher", sad to say!

But never did more than I thought was safe... usually no more than ~10mph over traffic. Only ever got cut-off once and managed to get away from that one with a couple bumps on my leg and scratches on the case guards and the girls car... which had NO R-SIDE MIRROR! DOH! No cops, no ins traded and we both went on our ways, after pulling over and inspecting the damage.

I can say that those who split lanes are usually much more perceptive to their surroundings and alert. Gotta be!!! The vids that were shown are was an example of how to NOT SPLIT TRAFFIC! Yea, brain dead (already) chillens! So, pick and choose your riding partners carefully... like you would your close friends. They could keep you alive, or kill you.

Be safe out there guys (& gals)!!!

ps: Remember, a helmet just keep your brains from getting splattered all over the place. This means open casket. You can still die with one on...

C.
79' KZ650-D2 [fsm] (Max)
83' KZ750-F1 LTD [clymers] (Kay)
82' KZ1100-D1 Specter (another project)
78' KZ650-B2a (J&H, A Project)
91' KZ1000-P (P = parts)
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 11:34 by !Seymore.

More
19 Feb 2016 06:03 #711432 by toolmaker
Replied by toolmaker on topic Brainless youngsters!
I always said that half the cage drivers out there can't (or won"t) see you and the other half are TRYING to kill you. :ohmy:

I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

More
19 Feb 2016 06:08 #711434 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic Brainless youngsters!

toolmaker wrote: I always said that half the cage drivers out there can't (or won"t) see you and the other half are TRYING to kill you. :ohmy:

And the 'third' half are just plain brain dead from texting. .....................Mike

Vroom-vroom!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
19 Feb 2016 06:25 - 19 Feb 2016 06:26 #711437 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Brainless youngsters!
They're all nice and comfy in their plush little worlds and get angry if you disturb it. :blink:
Steve
Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 06:26 by SWest.

More
19 Feb 2016 09:04 #711464 by !Seymore
Replied by !Seymore on topic Brainless youngsters!

swest wrote: They're all nice and comfy in their plush little worlds and get angry if you disturb it. :blink:
Steve

Oh, I disturbed it once...

Late 80's, Vegas... riding with a buddy and this young girl pulls out in front of us and we lock um up, hit shoulders/bike lane(?) to avoid hitting her. Dumb Beaches, passenger also, in a newer car of the time... (don't remember what it was) Well, he takes off the right side mirror and I get the left. Consider your life disturbed and explain this to daddy! :evil: :evil: :whistle:

C.
79' KZ650-D2 [fsm] (Max)
83' KZ750-F1 LTD [clymers] (Kay)
82' KZ1100-D1 Specter (another project)
78' KZ650-B2a (J&H, A Project)
91' KZ1000-P (P = parts)

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
19 Feb 2016 10:22 #711472 by SWest

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
More
19 Feb 2016 14:59 #711499 by Tyrell Corp
Replied by Tyrell Corp on topic Brainless youngsters!
Crazy guys, don't appreciate the reason for a camber is drainage...all the blow out causing debris will accumulate at the sides of the road.

An alternate view: as Darwinian natural selection dictates, those with the best skills (an some luck) will survive and their offspring will also be headbangers riding the 2035 model GSXR 1500...250mph motorcycles of the future.. The inept will be killed and therefore we are selecting and retaining only the very best gene pool for our future generations. :laugh:

1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces