Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The good guys 03 Dec 2016 15:14 #749385

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
Got another one to add here. Sent me my new crank. Beautiful shape and sent it Fed Ex. Had it in 3 days. $105 delivered. :woohoo:
stores.ebay.com/SICHLEY-CYCLE-PARTS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
lots of good stuff there. Uploading a clip of it in my Poser thread.

Truly one of the good guys.
Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The good guys 05 Dec 2016 11:30 #749533

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Here's their card.
Steve

Attachments:

The good guys 05 Dec 2016 16:32 #749569

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967

swest wrote: Here's their card.
Steve

Hey Steve

You might want to increase the size of that postage stamp :S LOL

Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

The good guys 05 Dec 2016 16:55 #749576

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
That's all they sent me. Doesn't blow up very well. :dry:
Steve

Attachments:

Last edit: by SWest.

The good guys 05 Dec 2016 18:04 #749582

• stokes
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
The first link he posted gets you to the ebay store.I like it,they have the listings grouped well,dont have to look thru 1000's of listings not interested in.
1980 KZ1000B Ltd

The good guys 03 Feb 2017 12:58 #753574

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJust ordered a bottom end gasket kit. Got a base gasket a couple days ago. Being I'm going one piece head gasket again, I didn't get the whole kit. Stan said he will drop in the cam adjuster gasket no charge. This is the full kit in case someone is interested.

Need a center roller and guide then I'll be ready to go.
Thanks Stan.
Steve

The good guys 23 Feb 2017 11:37 #754994

• scubaanders
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 233
Buying metal can be a bitch even when you live where it’s produced.

I don’t know about you guys, but buying metal products like steel tubing and aluminum can be a pain. Sure there are the metal wholesaler that are more than happy to help you out if you by the hole length, usually 6 meters when you just need a meter or two.

So the next option is to visit your local metal retailer or smith if you are lucky enough to have one close. When I was a kid in the eighties we were always welcome to buy from their scrap containers and we got away for cheap or even with paying in buns or cakes for their afternoon coffee (afternoon “fika” is serious stuff in Sweden).

But now days they don’t like you to dig in the scrap container but will after some begging help you to shop from their meager stock and when it’s time to pay they will grab you by your nose and swab the shop floor with you before they ask you to pay 10 times the going price + a full hours rate for cutting you lengths.

Yuck! :pinch:

Therefore I would like to push for to companies in Germany that I have been shopping from.

Alu Verkauf is well stocked on aluminum, all the 6061 that you dream of and they have a web shop. You can buy basically any length (they don’t charge for cutting) and the shipping within Europe is reasonable and they ship within the next day and the stuff gets to me in Sweden within 4-5 days.
www.alu-verkauf.de/
Metalschmiede is well stocked on all the steel tubes, profiles, bars and sheets. I don’t know about cromemolly as I havent looked for it.
They are also more than happy to cut short lengths (no cutting fee here either), 16 Euro shipping for the first article and an extra 2 Euro for each additional article. But when I have bought 0,5 – 1 meter lengths of different stuff I have asked them for a shipping quote and have come away for around 10-15 Euro. Just like Alu-Verkaf they have ship the next day and it’s taken 4-5 days to reach me in Sweden.
So think over your purchase and don’t order over size pieces, rather lengths that will make a good shipment and while you’re at it, stock up the good to have stuff as it’s the shipping that costs.
/Anders
Gpz750R1 1982
Gpz750A1 1983
Gpz1100A2 1984
FZ750 1985
Gpz900R -91

Last edit: by scubaanders.

The good guys 23 Feb 2017 11:37 #754995

• scubaanders
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 233
Buying metal can be a bitch even when you live where it’s produced.

I don’t know about you guys, but buying metal products like steel tubing and aluminum can be a pain. Sure there are the metal wholesaler that are more than happy to help you out if you by the hole length, usually 6 meters when you just need a meter or two.

So the next option is to visit your local metal retailer or smith if you are lucky enough to have one close. When I was a kid in the eighties we were always welcome to buy from their scrap containers and we got away for cheap or even with paying in buns or cakes for their afternoon coffee (afternoon “fika” is serious stuff in Sweden).

But now days they don’t like you to dig in the scrap container but will after some begging help you to shop from their meager stock and when it’s time to pay they will grab you by your nose and swab the shop floor with you before they ask you to pay 10 times the going price + a full hours rate for cutting you lengths.

Yuck! :pinch:

Therefore I would like to push for to companies in Germany that I have been shopping from.

Alu Verkauf is well stocked on aluminum, all the 6061 that you dream of and they have a web shop. You can buy basically any length (they don’t charge for cutting) and the shipping within Europe is reasonable and they ship within the next day and the stuff gets to me in Sweden within 4-5 days.
www.alu-verkauf.de/

Metalschmiede is well stocked on all the steel tubes, profiles, bars and sheets. I don’t know about cromemolly as I havent looked for it. You find them on Ebay.
They are also more than happy to cut short lengths (no cutting fee here either) they as for 16 Euro shipping for the first article and an extra 2 Euro for each additional article. But when I have bought 0,5 – 1 meter lengths of different stuff I have asked them for a shipping quote and have come away for around 10-15 Euro. Just like Alu-Verkaf they have ship the next day and it’s taken 4-5 days to reach me in Sweden.

So think over your purchase and don’t order over size pieces, rather lengths that will make a good shipment and while you’re at it, stock up the good to have stuff as it’s the shipping that costs.

/Anders
Gpz750R1 1982
Gpz750A1 1983
Gpz1100A2 1984
FZ750 1985
Gpz900R -91

Last edit: by scubaanders.

The good guys 23 Feb 2017 13:12 #755013

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1895
scubaanders is right !!

searching for a piece of metal can be a pain in the ass !!!

Her in Germany its no problem to get high or low carbon steel (stainless),also non
iron metal like aluminum,brass,bronze,etc.(a lot of automotive industry around my town).

I am working in a cold roll steel factory for high and low carbon steel.
We can roll out hardened high carbon steel from 13,00 mm up to 0,01 mm plus slitting and edge work.
(for retaining springs like safety belts for cars, lawn mower, VDT continuously variable gearboxes).
We are scrapping up to 60 tons every day !!!
Spare parts for cars are cheap here and i can do all repair myself luckily.
My self i can use the machinery and equipment in the metalworking shop.
In other words, you ( I ) can get all metal and all dimensions you ( I ) need for free or a tip.
Stainless nuts,bolts and washer i can get for cents a piece, it´s like handicraft enthusiast paradise!!!

@ anders

In 1998 was in sweden in Lipköping (SANDVIK) for X-Ray welded almost unbreakable saw blades.

The good guys 14 May 2017 11:10 #761928

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I thought I posted High Tech Battery Solutions here. I guess not. In 14 I bought a battery from them for under $40 free shipping. They sent me one that was too small. I contacted them and they sent me the right one for $5 and told me to keep the other one being I had filled it. After that I bought a battery for my granddaughter's Chappy. I then bought a battery for my old laptop and my daughter's. This time I bought a battery and they said it would ship that day. The tracking # sat inactive for two days where I called them only to find they didn't have it in stock. By this time they did and would be shipping it that day. I sent a e-mail asking why it hadn't shipped yet, the next day I got a revised tracking date placing it here this coming Wednesday. I sent another e-mail saying selling me a battery not in stock was unacceptable. I got one back saying the shipping charge was being refunded, sorry for the inconvenience. What bothers me most is that little voice said to buy a AGM battery on eBay and it would have been "Fast and free", be a better battery and I would have it by now. The good thing I liked about them is their 30 day money back guarantee and the battery is covered for 1 year. AZ only covers theirs for 90 days. This one has lasted 3 years and had a hard life. I'm sad to say I won't be using them anymore.:(
Steve

The good guys 14 Dec 2017 11:15 #776033

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationPerformance International inc Costa Mesa CA

I ordered the shims I thought I needed but didn't order the smallest one just to have on hand. Now I need it so I ordered two. They sent me the others quick and are in the same state. I gave them a call as a heads up so hopefully they will go out today.
Steve

The good guys 14 Dec 2017 19:13 #776055

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Looks like I may get them Saturday. One of the good guys.B)
Steve