Hog vs Kawasaki

More
17 Jun 2015 20:33 #677065 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Hog vs Kawasaki
Yea, there are the Harleys or any bike that can run, but you can weed out quite a few by asking the numbers, like quarter mile. The gumballs with their tall tales can't stand to not lie, I knew guys that would rather lie than tell the truth even it meant nothing to the conversation. Well anyway, these type guys usually come up with numbers that make no sense. Like they run 11.00 at 165mph, usually they don't have the sense to lie in numbers that jive. :laugh:

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PLUMMEN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Jun 2015 21:15 #677070 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Hog vs Kawasaki
It's and old tale. Tell a lie enough it becomes true. Unfortunately there are some close to me that act that way. That's why I can't stand to be around them. They think I'm an a**hole, I think they are :sick:
Steve

More
18 Jun 2015 10:02 #677131 by monkeydoodle
Replied by monkeydoodle on topic Hog vs Kawasaki

Tyrell Corp wrote: Ha HA great video Monkey, welcome to the clan.

How did I know the guy with the beard owned the Harley? funny guy, I'd have beers and a smoke with him any day.
Even funnier the prissy "180hp yamzuki" owner who though it was a snail and a tortoise race.

in reality give them a full 1/4 mile without courier vans getting in the way, plus a guy that can ride the sportbike properly and the Harley would get smoked imo.

That wasn't really 180 hp...was it a sports 600?

I remember a bike magazine in the 80's explaining the relationship between power and tourque. Two bikes were compared: a 1340 Harley and GPz550. Both making similar max power but in such a different way.

cheers buddy - where abouts are you in the midlands?

Custom Harley Chop
2004 Fazer 1000 with Ivans Full Monty kit
1980 Z750E (half way being re-born into a mix breed something)

More
18 Jun 2015 16:06 #677181 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Hog vs Kawasaki
In both "so called" races the boat anchor just got in middle of way too narrow road and wouldnt get out of way - (impossible to get past those TV aerial handlebars) not at all an true indication of the Jap bikes abilities - rider on sports bike didnt look confident and had piss poor starts . Get someone good on a 1/4 .

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
18 Jun 2015 16:15 #677184 by SWest
Went to Depot on the bike this morning. Blow hard wasn't there. :( I was planning on challenging him to a 1/4 mile race in a lonely place I know of for Pinks. I'd have a Deputy friend of mine hold them. Oh well, I guess I'll never know. :lol:
Steve

More
18 Jun 2015 17:26 #677191 by missionkz
Replied by missionkz on topic Hog vs Kawasaki

Zephyrrider wrote: In both "so called" races the boat anchor just got in middle of way too narrow road and wouldnt get out of way - (impossible to get past those TV aerial handlebars) not at all an true indication of the Jap bikes abilities - rider on sports bike didnt look confident and had piss poor starts . Get someone good on a 1/4 .

Yeah it was BS... the Honda guy has NO CLUE how to hole shot and gave up after 2nd gear.... total BS.... and I have buddies that race HDs so I know they can kill!

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
18 Jun 2015 17:45 #677192 by SWest
I've seen them do it. Those guys don't stand behind the counter at the contractor's desk and spew BS. :angry:
BTW, what was he doing back there? Seemed the ones that worked there let him. He wasn't wearing orange and by the way he was talking about his customers, I don't think he even belonged there. I was offered a job in management there 10 years ago but I wanted my freedom. Hmmmm, I'll look into it. ;)
The ones that can don't stand around and brag about it.
Street racing is a Felony. Only a crazy, stupid or a foolish person would do it or all the above. Lose your bike, freedom for a while, insurance goes through the roof and you are tagged by LE for the next ten years. :whistle:
Not worth it.
Steve
Oh, prisoners wear orange in California too. :evil:

More
18 Jun 2015 18:41 #677197 by jeffasaki
Replied by jeffasaki on topic Hog vs Kawasaki
excuse me but anyone that says that to me is getting what they ask for just walk away ? crazy peoples money works the same as normal folks money

78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

More
18 Jun 2015 18:50 #677198 by jeffasaki
and BTW harleys give head to live stock and so do most of the folks that ride them
ive had a few in my time but now i like my compressor better
it puts less oil on my right leg

78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyrell Corp

More
18 Jun 2015 18:51 #677200 by jeffasaki
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FAST HARLEY

78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

More
18 Jun 2015 18:55 #677201 by Xl ED
Replied by Xl ED on topic Hog vs Kawasaki
A vendor on my Sportster forum is making 125+hp out of a sportster engine. You can hop them up. It just takes $$$.

And imo the home depot guy was full of sh*t.

I don't live to ride, I ride to live.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
18 Jun 2015 19:03 - 18 Jun 2015 21:14 #677202 by SWest

jeffasaki wrote: and BTW harleys give head to live stock and so do most of the folks that ride them
ive had a few in my time but now i like my compressor better
it puts less oil on my right leg

That's your opinion. I don't agree. I was talking about a Blow hard who said he did it on a Harley. The old Pan Head was known for unlimited top end when I was first riding. I've come across a few that surprised me and I don't 'ass u me' I can easily "blow their doors off."This thread is NOT for insulting Hogs. :angry:
Steve
Last edit: 18 Jun 2015 21:14 by KZQ.