LOUD 4into 1

More
31 Dec 2015 10:19 #705039 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic LOUD 4into 1

swest wrote: :woohoo:
Rush calls them "Chickified." Tomorrow a new law goes into effect. If a illegal is convicted of a felony, he can't be deported.
I use to step out my back door at 12 and yell "Happy Fing New Year!" BLAM went the 44. Can't do that now even though there's nothing but desert mountains behind me for 50 miles. :dry:
Oh well, Happy New Year anyway. :woohoo:
Steve

LOL Steve. That reminds me too much of me lmao. I wld LOVE to join you at midnight with all 6 240gr hollowpoints of my 8" stainless Colt Anaconda. However they call something like that 'terrorism' nowadays! :( ..................Mike

Vroom-vroom!!...(BANG...BANG...BANG...BANG...BANG...BANG!!!)

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2015 10:50 - 31 Dec 2015 10:51 #705042 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic LOUD 4into 1

z1kzonly wrote: ...................................
Call your democrat Representitive, they might write a whimpy, pussified law against them! :laugh:
It might disrupt the cycle of stupidity! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Wha wha wha! My cycle is too loud!

True; in fact they already wrote those laws, at least in Baltimore! Many years ago a cop on a Harley stopped me at a traffic signal; I was on my 350cc single cylinder BSA. He told me to take off fast when the signal turned green. I did and would have kept going (I was 16) except I ran up against a bunch of traffic. When he caught up with me he shoved his night stick up the stock exhaust of the BSA, said there were no baffles, complained that my bike was louder than his Triumph TT Special, and wrote me a ticket for the bike being too loud!

I went to court and showed evidence that the BSA stock exhaust had not been modified (and it had not). I told the judge the bike was stock (which it was at the time) and asked how I could be ticketed for riding a motorcycle that was legally sold in Baltimore. I explained that every 1963 BSA B40 was made the same way with the same exhaust and asked if I was supposed to somehow install a car muffler on the bike. The judge sat silent for a moment then asked the cop "How loud was the bike?" The cop then showed his crappy attitude because he answered "Your honor, it was extremely loud for a bike of that size." I asked the judge if there were different laws for different size motorcycles, and the judge dismissed the case. :) Ed

BSA B40 (not mine, but exactly like it)

Attachment BSAB-402.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2015 10:51 by 650ed.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
31 Dec 2015 11:58 #705049 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic LOUD 4into 1
There are chicken SHT's everywhere in uniform and out.
Steve

More
01 Jan 2016 09:30 #705153 by Rockranch
Replied by Rockranch on topic LOUD 4into 1
Don't make much *bleep*ing sense when a comp baffle in a 4-1 isn't street legal, but straight pipes on loud Harley's and v-twins are perfectly fine...WTF!!! .........................Mike WAAAAAAAAADNNN-WAAAAAAAAAAADNNNNNNNN!!! :)

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Jan 2016 10:32 #705160 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic LOUD 4into 1
The HD guys have made it easier on us. Our 4/1's are quieter than the typical hog uncorked. Just this morning a group of them rode by. I could hear them coming 2 miles away.
Rolling thunder is right.
Steve

More
01 Jan 2016 10:39 #705162 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic LOUD 4into 1
Around here, the law requires at least a semblance of a baffle to pass the state "safety" inspection. The straight pipe crowd either slips a small one in temporarily to pass the test, or finds an inspector who will look the other way. Even so, in my experience, it is a very rarely enforced law. Personally, I have better things to do than piss everybody off and give myself a headache on a poorly running bike...

ymmv

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Jan 2016 10:46 #705164 by SWest