The bike that hooked me! What bike hooked you?

More
15 Apr 2012 19:20 #515987 by Beezy
My first bike was a ninja 250. My dad traded my brother a jeep cherokee for it so he could teach me how to ride. Rode the crap out of it and dropped it many, many times.

1978 Kawasaki KZ650
1981 Honda CB650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2012 19:38 #515989 by Godfrey
My first bike was a Honda CM200T (sorry no pics, cept the current bike), got my license and wrecked it 7 days later. 3 yrs later after gettin married I bought a 65 honda 250 superhawk and rebuilt the engine, wife and I rode that for a yr(that had to be a funny sight in retrospect, 2 large people on that lil bike). Then I bought a pretty basic 76 kz400, not even a tach. got a front sprocket 1 tooth bigger and pulled 78 mpg for the next 14 yrs and 40,000 miles(no one told me it was supposed to have a 20,000 mile lifespan).In the mid 90's I upgraded to the 650CSR I own now, and as usual I bought it wounded and had put it together, modify it.Not sure whats next or if there will be a next. I got a 75 Z1 engine in a basket sittin here waitin for the right deal to show up, and I may build somethin else. :whistle:

1981 650CSR frame

1980 KZ750E engine

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
15 Apr 2012 19:38 #515990 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic The bike that hooked me! What bike hooked you?

My youth was spent riding around the neigborhood on a Wards Riverside 125cc made by Benelli motorcycle. Hope to one day get my hands on the original bike if my buddies younger brother ever sells it. I must of had 6 billion miles on that bike with out ever going on a main road prior to turning 16. It may of been a street bike , but me and my friends also did lots of dirt scrambling on it. Didnt matter the weather, Rain or snow we rode.. Ive been a motorcycle junkie ever since.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments: