Drunken Hondaguy

More
29 Nov 2009 12:44 - 29 Nov 2009 12:45 #336512 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic Drunken Hondaguy
lapeerray wrote:

A little fuel for your fire ...kawasaki started out building airplain engines and that is why they are far more superior to any other motorcycle! Would you want to be flying through the air on a honda or lets say a harly? you do the math or let drunkenhondaguy do it, you better give him a calculater.:woohoo:

Kawasaki Motorcycles is a part of Kawasaki Heavy Industries and therefore can tap a lot of expertise. KHI builds ships, trains, aircraft, etc. One could say Kawasaki is the largest company in the world that makes motorcycles.

That said, the motorcycle division has always been a rogue, bastard, red-headed stepchild of the conglomerate. Which is a good thing, because the "we're the misfits, so lets enjoy it" attitude is why we got neat stuff like the Mach SS and Z-1 bikes!

Whereas in contrast, we all know Honda makes boring bikes.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)
Last edit: 29 Nov 2009 12:45 by WPBill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 550A2
  • User
  • keep the shiny side up
More
29 Nov 2009 12:48 #336513 by 550A2
Replied by 550A2 on topic Drunken Hondaguy
ill put my money on the KZ for sure now, But that 750cc bored out to 1000 is a wicked bike if its done right.
My stepfater built one back in the 80's and i guess the fucker would break rear spokes, and get up and go well.

If its on its on and you should definetly have someone film the race.
Im rootin for you bro!

82 Honda ATC 200-sold
82 Yamaha Virago 920-sold
82 Yamaha YZ250j-kept
80 Suzuki GS 550-sold
82 Kawasaki KZ550 A2-ride all the time
79 Kawasaki KZ650 C-sold
73 Kawasaki Z1 900E-paid $200, sold $6000
86 Yamaha Radian YX600-new project

More
30 Nov 2009 20:14 #336773 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Drunken Hondaguy
my younger brother bought a 79 cb750 (dohc not the single )this summer and all i have to say it she's a nasty little bitch.
she can really get up and go for a stock motor with a kerker.
no way she can keep up with my 1100 though.

for what it's worth, i have never been pulled over on a bike before but i was the first time i threw a leg over his ride.

she is a nasty little tramp and that is one of the reasons i like his bike even though it's not a kawasaki.

never underestimate what an old timer might know about tweaking his motor.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
30 Nov 2009 20:24 #336775 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Drunken Hondaguy
KHI builds ships, trains, aircraft, etc.

Honda makes lawnmowers.

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
01 Dec 2009 05:07 #336823 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic Drunken Hondaguy
kawsakiman wrote:

never underestimate what an old timer might know about tweaking his motor.

I certainly don't, that's why I'm here always asking questions ;)

The thing is I don't think he really knows that much about tuning motors. When you are talking to someone in person you don't have the chance to google things before you post them to make sure they are true etc. and I got the impression that although he talks a lot he wasn't saying much...know what I mean? He told me I was dumb for honing my cylinders before new rings, he said carb tuning is easy (I haven't really tried it yet, but I understand it is not easy...to do properly at least). He has been around bikes a long time but does more chin wagging than riding.

There are many people on here at KZR that have spent many years on their bikes, getting everything running properly and I believe that once you "upgrade" from stock it takes time and effort to figure everything out and how to make it all work together...he is claiming that "the stupid internet guys saying that crap don't know what they are talking about"

The best part I think of drinking with him that night was when he started telling my how his bike sounded just like a harley (he was saying a cb750 sounds like a harley :S )... he said in 5 minutes he could make any bike rumble like a harley. I told him he couldn't make his V-Twin shadow motored chopper sound like a harley because it doesn;t have a single pin crank. He had no clue what I was talkibng about and just said that was more internet propaganda and that you need to pull the baffles out and presto chango you got a harley.

More
01 Dec 2009 06:10 #336828 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Drunken Hondaguy
I can make any bike sound like a Harley too. You take that little metal thingy that slides into the slot so you can turn it to different positions. Well turn it to the position that says off. Bam! Bobs your uncle!
That said.....hey if you want to eat New York Steak and only New York Steak for your whole life then more power to you. While I love my New York Steak I do love me some other cuisine as well. Same as motorcycles. Fact is there are many dishes...er...motorcycles I still want to ride. Doesn't mean I want to get rid of my KZ's. Brand loyalty is admirable but it's sometimes limiting too.

As for old coots and their stories....it's best to believe everything they say. :whistle: :pinch:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
01 Dec 2009 07:58 #336842 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic Drunken Hondaguy
is that coming from an old coot or a gentleman of experiance Loco?

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

More
01 Dec 2009 10:27 #336863 by Locozuna
I am an old coot with little experience and a lot of experiences. As for a gentleman, only with those who I deem to deserve it. I do love an old scutters yarn be it believable or tied up with baling twine and filled with bondo. The best of yarn spinners know to mix in a little real to keep the curtains closed on the Wiz. The fun is sniffing out that truth and not the beating him over the head with it..:blink:

Now I'm not talking about a braggart or a pompous ass either. Much different than a yarn spinner.

They guy 9am is talking to came from a time when there was no Colortune or Dyno. Compression ratios were low and slow. Bikes leaked oil like dogs marking their territory. The Japs were falling on their swords and not making riding machines. Shadetree mechanics were just that. They didn't love their bikes any more than most of you...or any less for that matter. But they often had to improvise instead of having e-bay or a wad of cash to buy 20+ more HP. My point here is some of it may sound contrived and far fetched but in perspective it is as true as the grass is green over the septic tank.

Pompous Ass Out

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
01 Dec 2009 10:41 #336866 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic Drunken Hondaguy
I would concur with you loco, but the guy is 35...hes only a little older than me. I enjoy yarn spinners myself, I am an avid fisherman and the musky I caught in October has grown from 42 inches to 48 depending on who you ask. The thing is that storytellers enjoy the story telling and encourage the listener to "smile and nod". It doesn't matter if it's all true, talking to my grandad has taught me that. With this guy it was quite different, what he was saying was gospel and anything but what he was saying was blasphemy, it was like he was a bishop and I was a layman who is confused. He was condescending, not storytelling...this is why I want to smoke him next summer.

More
01 Dec 2009 11:08 #336873 by Locozuna
35!!!! :blink: Light the fuse and drop the hammer! ;)

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied

More
01 Dec 2009 11:23 #336876 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic Drunken Hondaguy
i agree totally light the fuse and drop the hammer. and wait for the excuses to flow that will be the best part.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
01 Dec 2009 16:25 #336902 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Drunken Hondaguy
A legend in his own mind.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL