bystanders parking lot comments about your kawi

More
15 Dec 2008 00:21 #252728 by WPBill
Old Man Rock wrote:

@ trianglelaguna... Montery CA!
You a native of the area?

I grew up in Watsonville, real close to you...
Yeah I know, real shit hole......:laugh:

OMR

I like Watsonville! Nice little town, like something straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting. Plus, you can't beat the access to all them neat hill roads in the area. When I was stationed in Monterey (91-92) I used to go up to Watsonville every weekend for the circle track racing.

Took my Z-1 to Alice's a couple times, back then I guess the old UJM's were no big deal, no one said anything. My bike was in storage from 92 to last year, unfortunately due to some medical issues I haven't had a chance to take the old girl out yet.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2008 05:48 #252750 by 77_650B1
I dont get a whole lot of comments on my bike. But every time I go anywhere theres always a bunch of 40-something year old first time cruiser riders, or 20-something crotch rocket riders. And neither knows or cares about my old "piece of shit". Then again, bikes aren't real popular in Newfoundland. I cant wait to see the looks and comments me and Deacon get next summer tearing up the streets on our 650's.

1977 KZ650-B1
-Dual Discs
-Dyna-S
-WG Coil Mod
-Alloy Wheels

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
15 Dec 2008 09:08 #252794 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic bystanders parking lot comments about your kawi
i think tha the track might not be running bikes.. i gotta check...i know (i think) i heard some guys say the only place to run a flat tracker is san hose ...i should find out and go watch some races...we go for rides and i allways swing through laguna seca to see what's up at the track ...this friday it was skip barbers car racing school but sometimes it's a car shoot...or track day for bikes...kinda cool...also we get ama superbikes and the motogp..big stuff with all the in town shows and exhibits...would love to be able to afford indy motogp...an older mechanic at the ama superbike races looked up from his wrenching to give us the thumbs up when he heard the z...peacxe craigWPBill wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

OMR

I like Watsonville! Nice little town, like something straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting. Plus, you can't beat the access to all them neat hill roads in the area. When I was stationed in Monterey (91-92) I used to go up to Watsonville every weekend for the circle track racing.

Took my Z-1 to Alice's a couple times, back then I guess the old UJM's were no big deal, no one said anything. My bike was in storage from 92 to last year, unfortunately due to some medical issues I haven't had a chance to take the old girl out yet.

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
15 Dec 2008 12:30 #252835 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic bystanders parking lot comments about your kaw
77_650B1 wrote:

I dont get a whole lot of comments on my bike. But every time I go anywhere theres always a bunch of 40-something year old first time cruiser riders, or 20-something crotch rocket riders. And neither knows or cares about my old "piece of shit". Then again, bikes aren't real popular in Newfoundland. I cant wait to see the looks and comments me and Deacon get next summer tearing up the streets on our 650's.

I didn't get much this past summer either. Like you said, I find most bikes here on the Rock are either crotch rockets or cruisers, and neither would give you a second glace. A lot of the cruisers won't even acknowledge you around here, especially the HD guys, too busy trying to look cool. I did have a nice chat with one HD owner though and he liked my bike. He also commented on the number of Harley snobs around here :)

LOL, as long as we don't draw any attention from the cops :)

More
15 Dec 2008 12:41 #252840 by 77_650B1
Replied by 77_650B1 on topic bystanders parking lot comments about your kaw
Yeah, tons of snobs, be they crotch rocket riders, harley riders, or Wingers.

I'm sure we wont have too much trouble evading them in any case. :woohoo:

Or I'll just throw you to them since I'll be 810 by then haha. :laugh:

1977 KZ650-B1
-Dual Discs
-Dyna-S
-WG Coil Mod
-Alloy Wheels

More
15 Dec 2008 15:35 #252876 by PLUMMEN
WPBill wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

OMR

i was stationed up in monterey for a while in the late 80s,i used to love ripping down the coast highway driving home to carmel!B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
15 Dec 2008 16:10 #252881 by ltdrider
Seems like most people walk up when I'm getting gas. With my little LTD tank, I'm getting gas alot, I guess.
Most say that they had a Kaw, back in the day, and they wish they still had it.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
16 Dec 2008 08:41 #253018 by BSKZ650
On a recent ride to San Antonio, for a fund raiser, we had about 300 bikes pull out, we get to the destination, and I dont even get the helmet off and two guys are talking about the 1000 being the badest bike they have ever owned. of course we talk.
later at a sports bar, I am sitting with 4 friends 3 harleys and one suzuki, a guy comes in walks right up to our table, first word out of his mouth, "who rides the 1000 out side", kind of funny walk right past the harleys and never say a word to them..:laugh: :laugh:

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
More
16 Dec 2008 13:48 #253055 by wagonmaster69
Replied by wagonmaster69 on topic bystanders parking lot comments about your kawi
I allways get what is it and it looks like it came out of the "Road Warrior" cool bike.

78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2008 23:40 #253500 by WPBill
I never saw any motorcycle races at the Watsonville track. It was all car stuff. Circle track, followed by figure-8 races, then finally demo derby. Great way to spend a summer Saturday night.

Yeah, I loved the PCH down by Big Sur. Come to think of it, I did get a favorable comment from a gal about my Z-1 at some park or rest area there. Asked if I had a spare helmet so she could ride on the back. Unfortunately I didn't have a spare bucket at the time.

Here's a pic of my Z down near Big Sur:

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

More
19 Dec 2008 05:51 #253525 by PLUMMEN
cooooooooooooooool !B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
19 Dec 2008 06:03 #253529 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic bystanders parking lot comments about your kawi
WPBill wrote:

I never saw any motorcycle races at the Watsonville track. It was all car stuff. Circle track, followed by figure-8 races, then finally demo derby. Great way to spend a summer Saturday night.

Yeah, I loved the PCH down by Big Sur. Come to think of it, I did get a favorable comment from a gal about my Z-1 at some park or rest area there. Asked if I had a spare helmet so she could ride on the back. Unfortunately I didn't have a spare bucket at the time.

Here's a pic of my Z down near Big Sur:

my buddy is gonna teach me how to post pictures ...i just took a few shots down at point sur...the bike with the lighthouse rocks behind it..then you post the big sur photo cooool...thanks for the tip on the track..we will go ..you can live next door to somthing and not try it...never learn what ya got...i'll be driving down there,,i volunteer on giving tours down that way..and folks will be pulled over getting bike or car shots...kinda cool...and you can allways recognize the car commercials no matter what place your in win they come on the t.v....thanks for the photos ..mine to follow...peace

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife