Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Pink Thing 14 May 2022 17:43 #867111

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1967

Depends on how far you want to take this.
If you are going to the salt flats, then you might want to look at this webpage.

www.rbracing-rsr.com/wiring_ecu.html#wire

Very nice wiring components Thanks for sharing 

I was thinking  (  Which tends to be dangerous )  When I was a big time snowmobiler  I would pack all the sleds connections with  dielectric grease 
This kept moisture away from all the connections  which was cheap insurance on the trail
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pink Thing 15 May 2022 00:32 #867117

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1771
As F64 say's " it depends how far you want to go" & Dave's grease suggestion is always a good idea in the female side of multi pin connectors, inside switches etc. Personally on my build I will be using the below type connectors as much as possible. These have been used as the 'norm' in the car world for many years now on everything outside of the cabin area. They have a seal between each half of the plug and around each wire.
Because of the mix of components I am using I will need to build a custom loom which I only want to do once 

Attachments:

Last edit: by Wookie58.

Pink Thing 16 May 2022 16:25 #867176

• ghostdive
  • ghostdive's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 118
Load of help you guys are - I spent all that time redoing the connections with solder and heatshrink, no change. Had a eureka moment and found that one of my plug caps wasn't making a good connection to the plug. That also did not fix the issue. Had a eureka moment in which I found that one of the wires plugged into my coil-powering relay was pretty loose in the terminal. No change. 
Guess I should have suspected something with the pickup sooner 

Retaining tab on the blue wire was flat, so I bent it back up and it snapped back in fine. Voila, all four cylinders again. I really gotta get on modernizing the wiring...

...someday. 

Seems like every time I come on here to ask for help, the issue is the last thing anyone thinks of, including myself. Remember when my coils were shorting to my tank?

Anyway. Thank you all. 
1982 KZ750 Spectre - 6 speed swap, BS34s, 18" rear wheel

2001 ZX-6R
Attachments:

Last edit: by ghostdive.

Pink Thing 17 May 2022 00:10 #867192

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1771
Good to hear you got to the bottom of it , we do our best from a long way away but sometimes  "you just gotta be there !" 
Be lucky
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghostdive

Last edit: by Wookie58.