Thanks for the tip!
I'll sand down the edge and apply some clearcoat that I saved from the painting process.
I removed the handlebar today and checked the steering stem bearings, they were dangerously worn... I couldn't feel it with the handlebar mounted, but when only turning the triple tree it was very obvious.
managed to remove the bearings and glassblasted + painted the triple tree. Will mount it with fresh "all balls - tapered bearings" next time I'm home.
It's now the beginning of june and I expect to finish the bike this this week!
Still have to modify the new front fender I got, and eventually get a new exhaust, but apart from that she will soon be on the road
Rebuilt the front forks, assembled the electric stuff, and some more... Registration plates are on the way in the mail!
For the gas tank lip - just leave it bare steel where it contacts the rubber seal like the OEM. no need to seal with resin - and unless its a gas resistant resin (most arent) it wont do anything anyway. Problems arise when the paint goes into the tank area that is sealed under the rubber lip and capillary action wicks it under the paint.
Charged up the battery, and after giving her a little fuel & choke, she started right up! runs pretty darn good and clean too! I think I hit spot on with the carb-jetting, air filter & exhaust combination
Still waiting for the registration plates, all thats left to do now is to change the brake fluid and take her for a spin