Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kiwi Z1R 30 Jun 2016 02:50 #733357

• larriken
  • larriken's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 61
Been meaning to have a go at this for a while. When trawling youtube I came across making your own ultrasound cleaner using a jar and an electric sander. Since the carbs look utter shit that I have anything would be better than nothing and maybe it might work. The guy in the vid used CLR cleaning product as his liquid and funnily enough I had a container with 300ml left in it so made a 50/50 mix. Then I velcroed one of the wifes yoghurt making kit jars to the bottom (she'll never know) and hung the sander up in the air and left it going for 30 mins. Yes, it did vibrate off so had to use a very technical addition to hold the jar onto the sander. When I pulled out the carb bottom I took inside and gave it a quick scrub in the sink with some dish washing liquid and done. Came up pretty good to be honest. Will have a go on something a bit grubbier tomorrow and give it another half hour and see how that goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kiwi Z1R 30 Jun 2016 02:58 #733358

• Rustyhama
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
Now that is genius! I got my carbs done in a 'proper' one and they never looked that good.
Hama

'82 KZ305-B1 Cafe Racer
'80 Z750E project
www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=59260.0

Kiwi Z1R 30 Jun 2016 14:41 #733395

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
im curious how much of that is the sander and how much is the CLR. you should do a test with just CLR and compare results.

Kiwi Z1R 30 Jun 2016 17:25 #733408

• Tirefire Pat
  • User
  • (2) 1980 kz1000 b-ltd,,h2-750 triple,sold.kz 550 ,
  • Thank you received: 11
Fantastic!...!!Larr.. your efforts to move forward are bad ass!!!! Great job...

Kiwi Z1R 01 Jul 2016 00:37 #733447

• larriken
  • User

DoctoRot wrote: im curious how much of that is the sander and how much is the CLR. you should do a test with just CLR and compare results.

Funnily enough I did that lol. Basically I got the same result with the CLR by itself but I had to leave it in the solution for 3 and half hours to get it. Photos show the shaken/CLR on the left, just CLR in the middle, and unclean on the right. Not a lot of difference just time really. I am going to pop into town tomorrow and find a jar big enough to fit the main carb body in and have a crack at that.

Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 01 Jul 2016 00:41 #733448

• larriken
  • User
I ordered some rubbers n bits and bobs from Z1 Parts Inc the other day and blam!!! ...........................................three days later they were on my doorstep. Not bad considering they have come from the US to New Zealand. I can buy parts here in NZ and they take longer to arrive. Big thumbs up to Z1 Parts. Well happy and I will be shopping with them again. :)
Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 01 Jul 2016 05:49 #733460

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
I have my third speedo from them and it is rock solid. Rather than ignoring me like another I won't mention, They kept sending me a new one. I'm ordering some more parts today.
z1parts.net/kawasaki-new-z1-kz-gas-tank-...-set-new-band-combo/

I will never buy NOS rubber again.

I'll buy these.
z1parts.net/kz900-kz1000-front-fork-rubber-dust-shield-boot/
I'm very happy with their service. B)
Steve
Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 02 Jul 2016 16:56 #733641

• EdwidjR
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Ah yes. motorcycle parts suppliers in nz.......
My local agent sez he can have my new air filters here in six weeks.
I have just received my new air filters from the USA in six days after ordering them direct from the factory. (I will always try to support my local business but that is ridic).
The same day I ordered the filters from the states I also ordered some new disks from a major city 250Kms away..... still waiting.

Just in case anyone is still reading, Does anyone know of a good supplier for velocity stacks to suit RS34 carbs? I would really like to run a Unifilter Quad pod setup but need some stacks to mount it off (hence I settled on a set of oval K&Ns to replace the ill fitting K&N twins).

Kiwi Z1R 02 Jul 2016 23:19 #733679

• larriken
  • User

EdwidjR wrote: Ah yes. motorcycle parts suppliers in nz.......
My local agent sez he can have my new air filters here in six weeks.
I have just received my new air filters from the USA in six days after ordering them direct from the factory. (I will always try to support my local business but that is ridic).
The same day I ordered the filters from the states I also ordered some new disks from a major city 250Kms away..... still waiting.

Just in case anyone is still reading, Does anyone know of a good supplier for velocity stacks to suit RS34 carbs? I would really like to run a Unifilter Quad pod setup but need some stacks to mount it off (hence I settled on a set of oval K&Ns to replace the ill fitting K&N twins).

Haha totally I never quite understand the "it'll take three weeks for that part to come from Japan" when you can get it within two days if you order it yourself.

Kiwi Z1R 02 Jul 2016 23:25 #733680

• larriken
  • User
Okay, the plastic jar got an upgrade to the carb body sizd version.

Got a growling for using the sink to rinse and scrub the carb parts. Oops :laugh:

Before................

and after..................

Kiwi Z1R 02 Jul 2016 23:28 #733681

• larriken
  • User
Came up pretty good, now to get some gaskets and put them back together again.

Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 05 Jul 2016 00:48 #733914

• larriken
  • User
Oh yeah baby!!!! :cheer: Got my bits back from the powder coaters. Love this bit when you drop off all this old ratty looking shit and voila you beautiful looking motorcycle parts again. Yep, I get a little over excited. Funny thing is this is also the time when you find the couple of parts that you forgot to drop off for coating too :blink: .

Footpeg mounts and new rubber dampers. Done! Might have no motor or wheels but at least I have a place to put my feet (sortof).

Also cracked open my clear tail light since I have a nice shiny black bracket to attach it to. Not sure if I will stay with the clear but I just couldn't help buying it. ..............