Zombie 750 so far in a nut shell.

More
13 Apr 2016 16:45 #720799 by wrenchmonkey
Replied by wrenchmonkey on topic Zombie 750 so far in a nut shell.
Agreed Steve. Those nay sayers are just unimaginative, uninspired and ignorant.
They see only a rusty, broken machine where we see a cool ride just begging to be back on the road again.
The smile you get when you crack open the throttle is worth the hours upon hours of patience it took to get there.

Nice job on the Zombie!
My KZombie hasn't risen yet but it's just a matter of time. The undead don't follow a calendar anyways :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Magic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Apr 2016 16:51 #720800 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Zombie 750 so far in a nut shell.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not undead, just sleeping.
The prick was just thinking what he could make in parts on eBay if I was stupid enough to sell it to him. :dry: :woohoo:
BOTTOM FEEDER :angry:
Steve

More
14 Apr 2016 04:23 - 14 Apr 2016 04:24 #720864 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Zombie 750 so far in a nut shell.
Nice, I'd like to see how it turns out. I saved a GPz750 from pretty much being parted out but at least I could ride it home, barely. I'm about to do the same with a KZ100ST, again, at least it was running.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2016 04:24 by GPzMOD750.

More
14 Apr 2016 08:53 #720906 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Zombie 750 so far in a nut shell.

swest wrote: Same here. Bossie sat under the tree for 15 years. I started working on her and the prick next door was laughing at me with his friends drinking beer. I had no money, I had just got out of the hospital :dry: . I painted and polished things that hadn't been touched in 30 years. Got a battery and fired her up. "It will never see the street, why don't you sell it? Ha,ha,ha,ha." :blink: Finally got a tire on the back. This jerk would rev up his speed boat when I was working on Bossie. F it, I rocked her off the centerstand, revved her up and cut a trench in the dirt drive between us, then tore up the street. :woohoo: As I came past them the young guy said, "I thought you said it would never run." HURMPH as he walked away. In about 6 months she was registered and on the road. He tried being friendly after that but I ignored him until he moved. GOOD RIDDANCE. B)
Steve

I used to get that all the time too Steve, most bikes I get are pretty messed up. I use to get a lot of negative people saying the same thing, that's just a piece of shit take it to the dump, it's not worth anything. After rescuing about 20 really neglected bikes over the years most of those people now realize I am serious about old bikes. I have a real problem , I cannot let an old bike go to the dump, I save all the ones I find.
I turn bikes that look like this
[IMG

Into this
[IMG

More
14 Apr 2016 12:17 #720946 by Ed_in_Miami
Replied by Ed_in_Miami on topic Zombie 750 so far in a nut shell.
Very cool!!! B)

baldy110 wrote:

swest wrote: Same here. Bossie sat under the tree for 15 years. I started working on her and the prick next door was laughing at me with his friends drinking beer. I had no money, I had just got out of the hospital :dry: . I painted and polished things that hadn't been touched in 30 years. Got a battery and fired her up. "It will never see the street, why don't you sell it? Ha,ha,ha,ha." :blink: Finally got a tire on the back. This jerk would rev up his speed boat when I was working on Bossie. F it, I rocked her off the centerstand, revved her up and cut a trench in the dirt drive between us, then tore up the street. :woohoo: As I came past them the young guy said, "I thought you said it would never run." HURMPH as he walked away. In about 6 months she was registered and on the road. He tried being friendly after that but I ignored him until he moved. GOOD RIDDANCE. B)
Steve

I used to get that all the time too Steve, most bikes I get are pretty messed up. I use to get a lot of negative people saying the same thing, that's just a piece of shit take it to the dump, it's not worth anything. After rescuing about 20 really neglected bikes over the years most of those people now realize I am serious about old bikes. I have a real problem , I cannot let an old bike go to the dump, I save all the ones I find.
I turn bikes that look like this
[IMG

Into this
[IMG

This is my build:
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/600312-ano...rtment-build?start=0
There are many more like it, but this one is mine... news to come!

More
15 Apr 2016 12:21 #721100 by Dirty Magic
Replied by Dirty Magic on topic Zombie 750 so far in a nut shell.
ThanK you all guys.
Many of you have projects far beyond my ability or financial grasp. So I appreciate the thumbs up from everyone. 'll start chucking some pictures up over the next few weeks.
I'v not been on 2 wheels since I was a kid, and back then we'd thrash the hell out of the pour things until they blew up or the police took them away. This was often a simultaneous event.
I'm wound up really more of a car guy, as I played drums whitch is kinda awkward for a bike. And as I could never afford garage bills, I'm a self talt bodger with no formal training.
When I got together with the Mirs I inherited the bike as it was. It was her's, but the ex-husband had wrecked it and then intentionally smashed it up and hacked away bits of the loom when he left. So I figured I couldn't make it any worse.
I have no welding equipment and as you can see I made a small tarp tent to work in. But this is the uk so I still get rain'd on most of the time just sideways. This will almost certainly be the ratty'st of rats. But I'm gonna try and make sure what has to be right is right. Everything else will be down to what fate hands me.
Thanks again for the help and support!

Zombie 750.
AKA a 1980 KZ 750 H1 that's spent 80% of its life dead in a bush!