KZTrip's KZ1000P Project

More
28 Jun 2015 11:52 - 28 Jun 2015 11:54 #678610 by KZTRIP
Replied by KZTRIP on topic KZTrip's KZ1000P Project
well, i havent been here much
ended up doing some work on my 89 recently, still not doing any project yet, since its a pretty good rider as is, and money tight also, dont have extra funds to put towards either bike right now
so, friday, decided its time to change the brake fluid, had to tap out the screw on the front brake cylinder, bled the fronts, then did the back.

ok, now it starts but simply will not idle, wont even stay running with full choke, i'll hold the throttle to keep it running and listen, no this did not just start, been running rough for a bit, lets see, i'll do the hot pipe test, #4 cyl, not hot, #3&2 hot, #1 not hot, no spark from the wire on 4, and barely on 1, the 1/4 coil probably bad, well cool, i'll grab the spare, ok, drained gas, now removed tank, move to start disconnecting the coil, and see those hoses coming from top of valves to a T then to the airbox, they are so bad they may as well not be there, ok, i'll go get some hose and replace that while im under here too, OK, heck, whiil i have the tank off i'll get rid of all these wire bundles that are no longer needed too, OK all done, start up, still not real good, getting fire, but still rough, look at those 1 & 4 plugs, they are really bad, probably from not firing for a bit, so replaced those, and all is good now.

i'm considering replacing the coils, what coils should i get, i'd like to stay under 100 for the pair of coils and all the wires.

89 KZ1000 Police (fully dressed)
96 KZ1000 Police (fully dressed)
86 KZ1000 Police (Parts bike, parts available for sale)
04 Ninja 250
Last edit: 28 Jun 2015 11:54 by KZTRIP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2015 18:15 #678651 by Barry2
Replied by Barry2 on topic KZTrip's KZ1000P Project
Isn't it uncanny how people give you much more courtesy and respect if they think you are an off duty police officer. B) 12624

1976 KZ900

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
28 Jun 2015 21:44 #678669 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic KZTrip's KZ1000P Project
On patrol I get ether a wave or a single didget salute. B)
Steve