Operation: Learning Experience

More
20 May 2012 17:19 #523586 by Beezy
Replied by Beezy on topic Operation: Learning Experience

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 319. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2012 16:36 #523854 by Beezy
Replied by Beezy on topic Operation: Learning Experience

Rolled the bikes out to clean the garage. It was getting pretty messy. Have to clean it weekly or I can't find anything. Snapped a pic with my girlfriends Nikon and thought I'd share it with you guys.

1978 Kawasaki KZ650
1981 Honda CB650

More
06 Jun 2012 14:44 #527260 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Operation: Learning Experience
Hey Beezy, I bought a pair of those shocks they were pretty low on my bike. The right hand side is really slide to my rear caliper arm. And they didn't have hardly any Nitrogen in them, not easy to find for me in Montana. I am going to fill them with air for now. Did you have to fabricate a lower bracket to get the shocks to ride correctly?

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
06 Jun 2012 15:19 #527265 by Jonny
Replied by Jonny on topic Operation: Learning Experience
Not knockin' the Honda for any reason, I've stated my appreciation for the quality of the bikes they make in the past, and on other threads... ;) (I may have even owned a Honda before I got into the the Kawis.... :pinch: )

BUT, there is something about seeing those couple pictures of the bikes side by each that makes me appreciate a little why I like Kawi so much. Dunno exactly, but the little things like the cast vs. comstar wheels, and the general lines. Ah well... just one persons opinion.

Both look good, and the KZ is sure coming along nicely. Now, if I could just get the time to go pull mine out of storage.

Cheers.

'78 KZ 650C2 'Lila'
'71 Norton Commando 750 'Eadie'

St. Catharines, ON (Mostly, anyway...)

More
06 Jun 2012 15:22 #527266 by Mullineaux
Replied by Mullineaux on topic Operation: Learning Experience
When you upgrade to a electric ignition you need to change the coils. I recently put an '81 stock electric ignition in my '77 kz650 and while it worked, it worked much better once I put in some 80's 3 ohm coils. Also if you still have the mechanical voltage regulator, open it up and clean the contacts in it. That made a huge difference on my bike. You might want to consider the coil wiring mod if you're not getting spark. It powers the coils right off the battery while maintaining the functionality of the ignition and engine kill switch.
WG's coil wiring mod

KZ650 ( '77 Engine, '78 frame, 80's ignition, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Pods, lowered [links])
1980 XS1100 full Vetter dresser