Kzz1p - 1075 Project

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
10 Feb 2012 05:47 - 10 Feb 2012 05:51 #503135 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project

mark1122 wrote: [quote="kzz1p" post=502955You saw 9:1 and draw a picture in your mind. You thought, how could a motor with low CR produce power?

One of the tricks of this motor is, it uses a 9:1 piston, running at a static CR of 11.5:1

The real question is, what kinda cylinder pressure does it have? How much pressure can you run on pump gas (91 octane California unleaded) I think this is where my friends start to enter the picture. Does the motor have any kick, to back up those BIG cams?

Those turbo pistons with the extra thick (.200"+) domes with valve pockets? Turbo race bikes use high compression + a lot of boost.(that's a secret, don't tell anyone) Turbo pistons come with a lower then advertised, CR.

u read my mind. But I’m still having trouble reading yours.

I think we have some things in common John. We both love to find out what makes things tick.

My readings tell me that the more cyl pressure u have, the faster the pistons go down
. Conventional builds add as much static compression as the piston and fuel will bare. This means a light weight, high dome piston .when u mention a heavy, low compression, turbo pistons, the red flags went up. Are u running pump gas? is this drag only?
Since u have added a lot more info. I see u have plan.

I am going to be waiting, impatiently, to follow your build , and watch the plan unfold. I hope to learn something new.
Let the build commence.

Dont forget to add nos.

Attachment nitrous-go-baby-go-button.jpg not found

[/quote]

Mark
It's California pump gas. It is different then everywhere else, it sucks! A turbo with 8 lbs. of boost will fry. 8 lbs. of boost is equal to about 200-220psi cylinder pressure. In Texas on 92 octane...You can run 8lbs of boost, for short bursts only. No long runs. The same bike taken out of Texas and put on 91 octane....It Died! So that means a turbo would be down to 6 lbs or so, at best.
I have a general dyno chart to post.

Friends - I made one, or I will call him one. His name is Terry Kizer. A very very smart man, a true Motor Head. As most know, he owns Mr. Turbo. He worked on the Bike that went 330mph + all of his other, many records as a rider.

Well, I had a few questions for him. We had a bad phone connection, I thought he said, that I ask intelligent questions. I felt my chest stick out 6" (okay 3, and I was pushing it)
I needed to hear that, it was a very kind thing to say. We couldn't reach, "thee" pressure number. He shared his story about the turbo bike, melt down on 91 octane. We had a quick think-tank and threw some numbers around!

What does it all mean? A 1400cc turbo kawasaki, on pump gas @ 6psi boost.....You will be someones Lunch!

I didn't know who I was talking too, I called back the next day. I wanted his name for this thread. When the lady said his name...I felt stupid! But I damn sure knew who he was.

A few years back on this site, I had guessed appx. #200psi. I wasn't to far off, for a guess.

When I heard Terry speak, then I spoke....We were talking the same language. It was like finding a loss brother, in the wilderness. That guy has some info, in his melon.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Feb 2012 05:51 by kzz1p.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 06:17 #503136 by kzz1p
I wrote half a book, for you. Then I deleted it.....All I will say is "I wish you luck, on your next build"

Since you have the theory, and I haven't laid out anything yet. Please explain it to me? I am hoping your a mind reader.....I have some other work for you. Sick stuff lives in my mind, and I build with that sick mind.

I am already getting the feeling, this isn't the thread for you, try Chit Chat. Or perhaps start another thread, of your own...........John R.

lemo32 wrote: I get the theory, hopefully you can show us real working science, however I have my doubts!

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 06:34 - 10 Feb 2012 06:55 #503139 by kzz1p
I got some mail today, I have been waiting. I needed to replace,
some old tools.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Feb 2012 06:55 by kzz1p.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 06:49 #503140 by kzz1p
I see the pictures don't open up, very large on the new site.

I choose the Pipet over the Buret tube. The Buret tube looks really cool, and is fun to play with. They cost about $140...You use it once, then spend the next 50 years protecting it, so it doesn't get broke. Pipettes come in glass or plastic, the price range varies. A pipet can cost from $3.00 - $ 3,000.00. The smaller the increments, the higher the price. I am using a 2/10's increment Pipet. It never hurts to have an extra, oops! I dropped it!

Lab people fight over witch is more accurate, The Buret or the Pipet. Both take Practice! I think .2 is good for this build.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 06:57 - 10 Feb 2012 07:01 #503141 by kzz1p
I will use the Pipet to measure the new Compression Ratio and to check the (intake/exhaust) port volume.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Feb 2012 07:01 by kzz1p.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 07:07 #503143 by kzz1p
I use this Dial indicator, in small places. I like playing with it, more then anything. It's a good tool to have, never know?
Attachments:

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 07:09 #503145 by kzz1p
And our Team drink.......... :angry: :( :unsure: :woohoo:

I might wanta, pitch these guys
Attachments:

More
10 Feb 2012 08:04 #503149 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
Digging the mystery of this build. B)

I too fought the addiction demon a few yrs ago, not a proud moment in my life. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that it isn't thought about and what it cost me and my family. Now I have a son treading the same water and it's the worst sort of pain. I was damn lucky to find people who really care and it wasn't our fabulous legal system!

You sir have my RESPECT!

Les

More
10 Feb 2012 08:56 - 10 Feb 2012 09:34 #503153 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
Either shit or get off the pot John. If you have specific, real performance tech to discuss, then fine. Other wise this is just another example of "The wind blew and the shit flew and I couldn't see for a day or two" :whistle:

The Internet is chocked full of internal combustion tech information. Got anything you've accomplished first hand to bring to the table or is this going to be a trail of bread crumbs from various Internet gathering efforts?

There's one paritular guy that posted he had a problem as well. That one caught me off guard. Won't mention his name but I'll say this. I always had him figured as very intelligent, motivated & ambitious. He's built several bikes in a dam quick time frame. Use his example of motivation for overcoming adversity and get on with it already.....

Geesh, all you do is talk theory and say you're actually smart. Here's your chance to back that up with some results after how many friggin years of talking....

Larry C.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2012 09:34 by LarryC.

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
10 Feb 2012 11:31 #503180 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
chit chat is all I am seeing here, pretty pictures, very little substance, except whats been or being abused.

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

More
10 Feb 2012 15:17 #503207 by JEFFG1
Replied by JEFFG1 on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
wow iam totaly lost on this topic :silly: :pinch: :side: :dry:

1976 KZ 900 PRO STREET 1977 kz1000 dragbike project

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
10 Feb 2012 16:01 #503209 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
now ur talkin turbo? the piston match that path, but the big cams dont.

where are u going with this ?? turbo, nos, natural ??

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)