Kzz1p - 1075 Project

More
09 Feb 2012 08:44 - 09 Feb 2012 08:47 #502958 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project

kzz1p wrote: I like to read articles about motor builds. I like when they share their thoughts. How they picked there parts and why? I like to hear about what they have learned over the years. I don't like it when they work in mega shops, with all the CNC stuff. I have read two articles that really draw me in to the whole story. I loved every minute of it.

I always wanted my build thread to be a good one, that we all could learn from. I have learned so much, and I'm just starting.

I like to know about the builders. I bet a day at home with Byron Hines would suck....Now, a day at the shop?...I'm In!

I haven't wanted to talk about me. I have wanted to skip that part. I wouldn't want anybody to know that I have tears running down my face right now. I don't want others to know my shame and guilt.
I don't want people to know the hurt, I have carried around inside myself.

I have posted many times, about these bikes. Most people blow me off, because I don't have one running. When I talk about things I've seen, people ask where's the video.....Kinda like I'm some dork, or something? When I have posted things like...I owned 20 Z1 at one time, people gave me crap.

I have never lied on this site, not one time.
I did work in Bike shops.
I did work for myself.
I did build many street race Z1 motors.
I did own over 20, z's at one time.

What happened to this guy? where did he go? some said he died. Some said he went crazy. And some said he was a dirtbag that left in shame. I say he was all the above and more. He ended up the kinda guy, that made his mother cry, everytime she looked at him.

One day I closed the door and an hour later, I was a Meth Junkie. I traded my soul, my dauther and everything and everyone. I tried to kill myself, for three years. On day I went into treatment for a year. I couldn't stay away from a drug, that hurt so good. I went back for another year.

After that I kept walking away. I stayed away from my friends, bikes and anything that reminded me of my skills. I have been broken inside for many years. Sometimes I knew it and sometimes I didn't. Z's were on my mind every day, for all these years. Every day, my failures eating at me.

I have had this bike three years. I couldn't look at it most of the time. As I work on it now, I am an emotional wreck at times. Sometimes hindsight, beats me down. I know how to ride these things out, it just takes me time. I have days when my face hurts so much from smiling or laughing. I remember those good feelings, when the bad times come and go.

I have a lot of friends and family, all around me. I'm not going through all this alone, no matter how I feel at times.

I thought this bike would bring me full circle, the 1st. time I turned on the key. I can see it coming full circle, but much faster then I thought.....I don't know where it's all heading, this could be, the highway to hell?

I know that the past is history. I hurt others, and I am responsible. I have been a good person and helped others, for many years now. I haven't balanced the scale yet.

That's all I want to say for now.

PS- I'm trying to get my pics ready, I'm the hold up. Here's a couple to think about for now.

Balancing the scales after life events like that will take a long, long time. If you dwell on that single principle, if you try to hurry that process, if it haunts you constantly..... It can consume the energy that you need to stay straight and move forward.

People do f'k up. It's all very complicated sometimes. The way out starts with forgiveness. Forgive yourself first. You can't change the past but you can, to a certain degree, determine your future.

If you're seriously, now, trying to get on track, the I wish you good luck :)

Larry C.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2012 08:47 by LarryC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
09 Feb 2012 08:47 #502959 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
Attachments:

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Feb 2012 08:53 #502960 by kzz1p
Sorry Larry

I didn't understand the last line. Maybe I'm not reading it right?

More
09 Feb 2012 12:55 #502989 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
wow :ohmy: .

you took the "throw your steak on the table" literally :dry: .

and that is totally cool. :)

it sounds like you have a pretty good heading dialed in.

as someone who has had there complete adult life messed with by meth,to say that your story is the first such that i have heard would be a lie.

i just had the probation officer come and do a walk through last week in preparation for my father to be released form the federal correctional system after an 18 year sentence for conspiracy to traffic methamphetamine.

i have seen meth take so many people from there selves first and then from me.
it is no joking matter.

i can count on one hand the people that i have known that have been able to "come back" from being "out there".

i have watched you and your presence here every since you first started posting.

i could tell that you had been in the kz lifestyle and had nothing but love for kz's.

i could also tell that you had some pretty heavy weight hanging around in your mind.

what kinda baggage i couldn't tell,but i have seen enough baggage in my life to know it when i see it.

don't get to hung up about what people think about you.

i know it is hard,especially when you feel you have hurt and let others down.

but it sounds like you have either been able to retain or regain some friends and family,so you are truly a blessed person.

you have enough mind left apparently to know that building and enjoying these kawi's is therapeutic.

so keep your head in the right place and "pet the sweaty things,don't sweat the petty things".

life is short,time is precious,what we have right here is a gift.

that is why it is called "The Present" make all you can outta it.

don't get to hung up about what others think,you have a bike to build and a whole forum off folks who want to see what you can build.

so show us the damn pictures man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
09 Feb 2012 13:55 #502999 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
+1 on what the others have said 3 yrs since I danced with the devil and this last year with my KZ has been incredible!

Alot of serious talent still exists when the fog lifts

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
09 Feb 2012 19:17 #503054 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
[quote="kzz1p" post=502955Were you voted, guy to take the first arrows? Don't you know by now, I bring at least two guns, to a gun fight.
[/quote]

Were you voted, guy to take the first arrows? Don't you know by now, I bring at least two guns, to a gun fight.

Ya I guess I’m your man . lol :laugh:

Let me have it Johnny
Oh Ya , I guess u already did.
Give me a minuet to pull the arrows out bud.

I reread my post, and did not intend it as an insult. I merely asked if u discussed the combo with your friends.
I would have thought, after all the emails we’ve sent back and forth, that we could chat like this. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.
that 1 of the problems with forums. things come out wrong and aroows start flying.

John

Attachment ninja.jpg not found

Mark :woohoo:

Attachment imagesCAMSWBZ5.jpg not found

Lets move on. ;)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments:

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
09 Feb 2012 19:43 - 09 Feb 2012 19:44 #503057 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
[quote="kzz1p" post=502955You saw 9:1 and draw a picture in your mind. You thought, how could a motor with low CR produce power?

One of the tricks of this motor is, it uses a 9:1 piston, running at a static CR of 11.5:1

The real question is, what kinda cylinder pressure does it have? How much pressure can you run on pump gas (91 octane California unleaded) I think this is where my friends start to enter the picture. Does the motor have any kick, to back up those BIG cams?

Those turbo pistons with the extra thick (.200"+) domes with valve pockets? Turbo race bikes use high compression + a lot of boost.(that's a secret, don't tell anyone) Turbo pistons come with a lower then advertised, CR.
.[/quote]

u read my mind. But I’m still having trouble reading yours.

I think we have some things in common John. We both love to find out what makes things tick.

My readings tell me that the more cyl pressure u have, the faster the pistons go down
. Conventional builds add as much static compression as the piston and fuel will bare. This means a light weight, high dome piston .when u mention a heavy, low compression, turbo pistons, the red flags went up. Are u running pump gas? is this drag only?
Since u have added a lot more info. I see u have plan.

I am going to be waiting, impatiently, to follow your build , and watch the plan unfold. I hope to learn something new.
Let the build commence.

Dont forget to add nos.

Attachment nitrous-go-baby-go-button.jpg not found

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Feb 2012 19:44 by mark1122.

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
09 Feb 2012 22:26 #503081 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project
I get the theory, hopefully you can show us real working science, however I have my doubts!

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

More
09 Feb 2012 22:32 #503083 by LarryC
Replied by LarryC on topic Kzz1p - 1075 Project

LarryC wrote:

kzz1p wrote: I like to read articles about motor builds. I like when they share their thoughts. How they picked there parts and why? I like to hear about what they have learned over the years. I don't like it when they work in mega shops, with all the CNC stuff. I have read two articles that really draw me in to the whole story. I loved every minute of it.

I always wanted my build thread to be a good one, that we all could learn from. I have learned so much, and I'm just starting.

I like to know about the builders. I bet a day at home with Byron Hines would suck....Now, a day at the shop?...I'm In!

I haven't wanted to talk about me. I have wanted to skip that part. I wouldn't want anybody to know that I have tears running down my face right now. I don't want others to know my shame and guilt.
I don't want people to know the hurt, I have carried around inside myself.

I have posted many times, about these bikes. Most people blow me off, because I don't have one running. When I talk about things I've seen, people ask where's the video.....Kinda like I'm some dork, or something? When I have posted things like...I owned 20 Z1 at one time, people gave me crap.

I have never lied on this site, not one time.
I did work in Bike shops.
I did work for myself.
I did build many street race Z1 motors.
I did own over 20, z's at one time.

What happened to this guy? where did he go? some said he died. Some said he went crazy. And some said he was a dirtbag that left in shame. I say he was all the above and more. He ended up the kinda guy, that made his mother cry, everytime she looked at him.

One day I closed the door and an hour later, I was a Meth Junkie. I traded my soul, my dauther and everything and everyone. I tried to kill myself, for three years. On day I went into treatment for a year. I couldn't stay away from a drug, that hurt so good. I went back for another year.

After that I kept walking away. I stayed away from my friends, bikes and anything that reminded me of my skills. I have been broken inside for many years. Sometimes I knew it and sometimes I didn't. Z's were on my mind every day, for all these years. Every day, my failures eating at me.

I have had this bike three years. I couldn't look at it most of the time. As I work on it now, I am an emotional wreck at times. Sometimes hindsight, beats me down. I know how to ride these things out, it just takes me time. I have days when my face hurts so much from smiling or laughing. I remember those good feelings, when the bad times come and go.

I have a lot of friends and family, all around me. I'm not going through all this alone, no matter how I feel at times.

I thought this bike would bring me full circle, the 1st. time I turned on the key. I can see it coming full circle, but much faster then I thought.....I don't know where it's all heading, this could be, the highway to hell?

I know that the past is history. I hurt others, and I am responsible. I have been a good person and helped others, for many years now. I haven't balanced the scale yet.

That's all I want to say for now.

PS- I'm trying to get my pics ready, I'm the hold up. Here's a couple to think about for now.

Balancing the scales after life events like that will take a long, long time. If you dwell on that single principle, if you try to hurry that process, if it haunts you constantly..... It can consume the energy that you need to stay straight and move forward.

People do f'k up. It's all very complicated sometimes. The way out starts with forgiveness. Forgive yourself first. You can't change the past but you can, to a certain degree, determine your future.

If you're seriously, now, trying to get on track, then I wish you good luck :)

Larry C.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 04:53 #503129 by kzz1p
Leon

That is one of the best things I have ever read, Thank You so much............John

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 04:55 #503130 by kzz1p
It has been many years since I have touched it. The damage.....Well, for now...WE BUILD.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Feb 2012 05:10 #503131 by kzz1p
Mark

Just giving you a hard time. It's pretty boring in this forum sometimes.

Since you brought up arrows. I plan to send this thing into a controlled, Archers Paradox.
(I shoot a few hundred arrows, every year) The back end is hit so hard, it trys to drive through the front. Everything in the middle, gets wadded up. It's the release of all that energy, and the recovery time.....before it moves forward...........LMAO!

mark1122 wrote: [quote="kzz1p" post=502955Were you voted, guy to take the first arrows? Don't you know by now, I bring at least two guns, to a gun fight.

Were you voted, guy to take the first arrows? Don't you know by now, I bring at least two guns, to a gun fight.

Ya I guess I’m your man . lol :laugh:

Let me have it Johnny
Oh Ya , I guess u already did.
Give me a minuet to pull the arrows out bud.

I reread my post, and did not intend it as an insult. I merely asked if u discussed the combo with your friends.
I would have thought, after all the emails we’ve sent back and forth, that we could chat like this. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.
that 1 of the problems with forums. things come out wrong and aroows start flying.

John

Attachment ninja.jpg not found

Mark :woohoo:

Attachment imagesCAMSWBZ5.jpg not found

Lets move on. ;)[/quote]