Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11

• tybolt99
  • User
  • From where KZs came
More
12 May 2011 22:17 #450564 by tybolt99

trianglelaguna wrote: it is funny that Kawasaki had such a short run with em...the more i stand next to one in 2011,the more i want to stand next to one,i simply enjoy the looks and can stand and look at it ,then walk away,then go back and just stand there again....thank you for the nice compliments..Gregs paint and kawasaki design...i had little to do with it really....

but i am gonna hang on to this one and do all the little bolts and such...then a frame off details and powder coat ect...

i need to try and find the riding things for now and fix them nice so it can ride a summer....there is no end to these and my wants list for the MKII is above my means for this year anymore really....

i would like to get another bike moving along....so this will be a rider and tinker for this point...

should have some fun pics tomorrow night...i am in the more modern of two groups that will do a 100 mile ride concluding at the corkscrew for lunch and some touring laps...then the Bonhams & Butterfields

bikeweeknews.blogspot.com/2011/03/quail-...thering-auction.html

auction dinner fri night and then ride to the show saturday...bikes all bikes for the next few days...i will post the pics as they come in if possible.......

Have a safe and fun ride, Craig!!
Looking forward for the pics;)

82 KZ750 H3
76 KZ900 A4
74 Z1A
73 Z1 (on the shelf)
84 ZN1300
Franklinton, NC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
14 May 2011 16:55 - 14 May 2011 17:20 #450941 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
what a bummer.....the morning meet up was cool..i took some pics/vids.....then they took us out a rode that i wont ride by myself because of the potholes and cattle guards and the only cars oncoming on this 8 foot wide shit road were bumpkin meth heads in rolling felony's...way out into un maintained country roads.....then more on this stupid beat the bike loop to this boys ranch where we sat around for 20 minutes while the little gangbangers walked around the bikes and the staff from the ride sucked face with the ranch staff and left us just standing there with our thumbs up our ass....then they saddle up and take us through agricultural work roads that are covered in dirt and truck dips and potholes..(broke the speedo on my buddies 1200 bmw dual sport ) that were so bad i had to stand up on the pegs for some of the dips after seeing the bikes in front go sailing..i was actually surprised no one was hurt

then we get to the track and there is only one gas pump...that is the bikes that made it on one tank....the others showed up later after chase trucks re-fueled them which was running late...so we try and get our cards to work...ends up if your card worked you got hit up for gas.....then we stage to go out on the track and the staff are all running around...not telling us that we are only gonna get about 3/4 of a lap......and wont answer my questions about which group i need to pull next to ..brushing me off....because truth was...we were just about to get the cyt off...only the fact that someone let bikes file onto pit lane let us get even the small part of a lap we got at all...because the lady who would not answer me was trying to wave the whole thing off...to her workers

we go out onto the track...i catch up to a RC30 which has caught the pace car....i settle in for my first lap and go through turns for the first time having told amy to take a video on the third lap when i know where the road goes...heading for turn 11 i am happy, and gonna try tossing the bike this next lap...just me and an RC30 behind the car and moving along at a good clip...leaning....then....when out in the road i see a cop on his bike parked sideways before the tunr to go into the straight and shift through the gears... bike pointing us into pit lane...he is blocking the track and pointing to go in

out of time they said...about 2 minutes of track time....

i told em to suck my
...and left after finding one of the event asswipes and demanding a refund....2 hrs on cattle roads and 2 minutes on the track....we have some awesome roads and views around here and i could put a loop together that would be decent in 30 seconds....we were in sahdows and bees and cattle gaurds for 1 1/2 hrs

i skipped the bonhams auction dinner reception and blew off the show today too,screw em.....i will go on my own ride and have way more fun and eat at my house or carls jr for 10-15 in gas....this stuff was 250.00....they can suck it

i took pics and videos on the ride...i will post em later...

i am sick today from her nieces, and not feeling like looking at the photos and getting pissed all over again...

imagine dropping into the corkscrew and 2 corners later they end it with no explanation just a wave that you should drive up to the corkscrew and eat the food....screw the food...and then the event ride along V.I.P ,i learned this later,turns right in front of me while im doing 20mph and i almost t-bone his 400/4.... i had to lock my front wheel to miss him on my brand new restore...i pull up to him and tell him he is a dater of mothers.....and he says sorry man i want to go talk to jamie and see why we got stopped...then i realize i'm cursing the event rep for quail...either way...he almost took us both to the ground,right in the pits

they said they were running short on time...2 more laps for the folks who supported this event would have taken 10 minutes max.....i waited all year to get shot down for ten minutes time saver......what a let down...3/4 lap...bullshit on the quail gathering......i called seca and they offered me a parade lap at the gp ....i said...you mean the event where folks get killed by the squids on their bikes riding home....is that the free lap...no thanks...then she offered me tickets...i told her i own all the event tickets and shop there every month...she said she will get back to me with something special....quail has not returned my call yet....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 14 May 2011 17:20 by trianglelaguna.

More
14 May 2011 17:11 #450943 by camaroguy
did you pay with a credit card? maybe you can make a complaint and hold up paymant?

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 17:26 - 14 May 2011 17:28 #450946 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
paid long time ago...i have called the quail girl who helped me get the stuff in order for the event and left a message that i want my and amy's fee back...they ruined my event and i am not interested in attending the rest of 2011 event,and the guy at the corkscrew took my name and said he would take care of it....if they dont give me my money back i will just do all of my promoting next year in reverse :P

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 14 May 2011 17:28 by trianglelaguna.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 17:31 #450947 by trianglelaguna
i know for sure im getting leathers this year so i can shoot for a track day club......the track is way easy and not as frightening as i thought it might be...i could easy ride withen a bubble and still haul way better than around traffic...it is field wide and the line is obvious....the corkscrew for a one time review :woohoo: is breathtaking...my wheels both rubbed fenders for spilt second on the six story bottoms drop off

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 18:38 #450959 by trianglelaguna
in hibdsight i would have been better off to blow off steam than to have ran my mouth...i was heated though and had waitied a long time to be here riding this model bike on this track....there is a history with the MKII and seca and i am sure other folks felt brushed aside as well...there were soooo many bikes...amy made a movie of us finally arriving in the pits and it will show(later i'll post some clips) how many folks got brushed aside and the energy we had after finaly getting to the track...we rode in like some biker film form the 60's....

anyway here are some pics...sorry i did not go to show and next year i will post some pics of the show for sure...

anyways here are some pics..

they look fun ,like it was a sweet day,but once we got rolling agin it was super bad route..but remember we were riding these rare survivors on the worst roads and it was super dangerous and

really hard on us and the bikes to be hitting 10,000 potholes in cattle country...

first pics are auction bikes from a trailer unload

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 18:40 #450961 by trianglelaguna

there are two east rider re-makes and a 0 miles RE5

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 18:46 #450963 by trianglelaguna

Mr Cameron

was great and said the Japanese engine is made to be taken apart and put together simply....he told me that he has few other books i could ad tom my collection...when asked ...and he told me a bit about cycle world writers and racers i asked about....he also talked about MUZZY lawson and the chapter on them in his book...

Attachment M1.JPG not found

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 18:48 #450964 by trianglelaguna
way out in cow country...the only nice section...200 feet later we all about went down...:lol:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 18:51 #450965 by trianglelaguna
mr vetter had a few contest entries on the faster bike group to see who used the peast fuel...they are mixed into these shots...they were hauling ass also

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 18:53 #450966 by trianglelaguna
giant cop....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 May 2011 18:56 #450967 by trianglelaguna
this jotta was ahead of me for one stint in line...the tail light is way simple dirt bike 250 style...but the rest of the bike was fun to ride behind,sound was way cool...nice to ride behind

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife