Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
17 May 2011 19:58 #451771 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
well...i just checked my e-mail and there is a receipt for a credit to my card of 315.00....

i wonder if next year i will get such a nice invitation in the mail..probably not...my name might even be on the do not let in list for the main show...there is a hioty toity little tent arch which one must foirst pay and be wrist banned at if my memory serves me from the previous two shows...but i did not eat any meals or attend anything other than riding on public roads(terrible ones too)...
so 315.00 is a nice jacket or new tires and some change imo...

i dont feel bad the ride sucked and ruined my weekend..as well as costing me fridays wages at work...

it does however say tons about the establishment that they refunded my fee and Amy's ticket price with only one phone call.....

oh well...next year i will just skip the ride....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 May 2011 23:45 #452269 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
order from Z1 enterprises.com at lunch , monday california pacific time 10 ish a.m

wednesday i get home from work a 2:30 p.m and my stuff is here...

creepy fast ...and it is always that way....it is the fastest shipping....on the planet....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 May 2011 23:47 #452270 by trianglelaguna
it went from N.Y state to Ca , and from their shop to my door in like 48 hrs...unreal

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
20 May 2011 09:58 #452349 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
thats the kinda shipping i like!

so

wheres the pics?

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Jul 2011 17:24 #460661 by trianglelaguna
Well i hate to do it but i am far from even mild mods correct at present...steering bearings...re-do the prog springs pre load spacers and lighter oil....full flush front brakes...oil filter ...new tubes...swapping top my dail a ride black and silver koni's...switching the triple tree for a straighter one(i hope)...black covers on the gauges and black top yoke...chrome was just not right...

swap the dyna 3 for an s plate and senders...sync and polish the carbs...finally...the need a tight polish and detail to pop....and install the new switch housing for the throttle..new headlight black bucket...new ....mirrors...orig turn signals.......and plumb the breather ....

and that is just a short list....it will barley even look different....

big time polish and fixed the tarrozzis and and am banging down to big sur to shoot pics before it goes on the bench for while again....wed thur...gotta ride it to work a few days...pics in a few

oh...the owner of the GS1100E said it looks good ...better than he rembered but he had rolled it into the garage and wont be around till sunday night.....argh...pics tomorrow....he is saying this thing is nice and never been trashed.....man....he said he thought when he did not hear again from me that my woman was behind it....lol...

anyways...if i dont slide my bike off a cliff in big sur i should be back with some nice pics....the weather here on the central coast is top rate today...peace

omr suck it...you should be here to fire up that bike pof yours for the GP,,,of did i mention...20 odd days to gp time...

Attachment bigsur.jpg not found

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Jul 2011 01:41 #460705 by trianglelaguna
Bummer ...all fog...80 at my house and full sun...15 minutes away and boom...Mark Twain spoke of july in cali being his coldest winter... and fogged in on Highway 1 ...rode about 30 minutes down to the real stuff and then got too packed with cars and weekend traffic and on the third u-turning car traffic snarl i spun around and rode back into the sun and got the bike out of holiday traffic..i wanted to ride farther and i just know the sun was burning hot and summer farther down and in the redwoods....too many cars though....

.i bet it is easy 50% worse odds riding with twice as many folks out and lost ...sight seeing ect....

new laptop and new site...so see if these pics work...might be low quality

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
03 Jul 2011 02:31 #460709 by testarossa
The pics look real good from here. Greg's paint is shining, chrome looks good, and the new seat cover is worth the wait. A couple of things stick out at me. Those rear shocks, are they the right length? Seem too short to me. Also, the blue anodized bar ends and blue plug wires seem to stick out along with the blue accents on the the shocks to me.

I know that all of the detail work is a pain in the ass for little visual pop, but it's all worth it on a keeper bike such as a MK II. USGP is right around the corner, I know you must be stoked. Hopefully, Ben is riding a high from his recent win, and Marco will feel the pressure to keep it on two wheels. Dani should be back, so hopefully it will be a competitive race. I wish that I could be there. Maybe next year.

You are looking at a GS 1100? See you at the GSResources soon. I just sold my GS750, and now I'm trying to work a deal on a CBX. One of my dream bikes, wish me luck. Why don't people check their e-mail when they post a CL add?

Must be tough on you California guys to decide when to break down a bike for re-furb/mods. No winter or real summer forces you to make some hard decisions. You couldn't pay me to turn a wrench in my garage today. I took a look at the thermometer on my back porch this afternoon. 107*F in the shade! Too damn hot to even think about un-necessary outdoor work. We're lucky if the low temp at night gets under 85*F these days. It should be interesting to see what F-1 and MotoGP will do to have a race in Austin at this time of the year. If they plan on a daytime race, they better have every ambulance in Travis County on standby. They will be hauling the hapless spectators out of there like cordwood if they have daytime races in June/July/August. Can anyone say heatstroke?

Keep up the good work buddy. Bike looks sharp.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Jul 2011 10:05 - 03 Jul 2011 12:00 #460724 by trianglelaguna
wow the comments on the bike and the stuff not gellin are spot on with what i have going too.....like many things these items were either bought in a pinch...the taylor wires came with some dyna 3 ohm's and were better for the moment than me making yellow auto store ones for 50 bucks like i did for my dynas on the green bike...

i think the shocks are too short the more i look and they are jacked all the way up as is...but anyways yepper....black finishes where there is now blue parts....black on the whole trees and speedos ect....seat cover is nice and i find myself looking at it and am sure glad it was around... .....

Gregs paint is fun and i will be for sure having my 900 done by him...it just makes sense to take the bike back to that era and to have that quality is kinda a treat..changes everything...

we do get winter and on the central coast shortens the days down to about half of a long summer day...in winter you go to work in the dark and come home that day and it is dark almost all over again...and it is wet for 6 months here and dry for 6 months...coastal cold is it's own baby and will mean carrying around twice the gear you need to be comfortable during a nice december coast day on foot... the wet cold means wearing three layers on the bike or you will drop down into the danger balls cold warning light in 2 minutes @ 35 mph :kiss: .....but no true winter and the heat is avoidable if your domain is inland and 100 which it is for months here 5 min inland..... just jump on the bike after work or grab a sunroofed car and drive to the bay 55-75 all the time and play till the 3-4 hr heat wave dies down.....

texas must have a plan....seca in 2006 was sooooooo hot they still talk about it as a close to emergency state...they started to run out of water and the shuttle buses from towns where not set up to run on time leaving folks in corral lines in the dusty lots for an hour with no seats or shade....folks were still still pissed when i went for the first time again in 2007....thankfully we have had nice GP's since then and they have the facility and shuttle like a fine watch....seamless from a bus stop parking area and gearing up to hearing the bikes from the crawling bus minutes later and being dropped right at turn 4&5...later the same bus stop takes you to your lot in about 15 minutes wait and all...

but you are sure right...even now when at a GP you will meet folks who are watchful of the event and just attending after getting burned and churned here in 2006

we will be there all 4 days and chat with strangers of all ages...folks will say to you things like " we decided to give it another try and we came this year,it's nice this year!...not like that time in 2006 when they were taking everyone to the hospitals for passing out.....did you know they did not have any buses here when the race got over...we waited 2 hours...."

wow

sorry to hear you sold the bike...but good for you...make room for another project...i had a 80 1100E back in the late 80's...it was a stump puller but drove like a old truck...kinda like the MKII does...lol

i am trying to decide if i want to go really nice on shocks ...i think the bike might look cheesy (like it does know with the blue tassles)with like fx or perf works shocks...and the ealrs..too almost a racer deal.....i have some good sets around also...you know the bike with the black stuff traded for the blue and a couple more things ...really is gonna be fine....i dont think i want to mess with it toooo much more then,just have it covered and ready to ride...get it closer and details worked out and make it a finished deal...work on other things....500 shocks--1000 carbs---2000 rims ...1000....oil coolers and lines and swing arm braced...it could go on too far and be like a drawing that should have been given a rest...lost in various good stages and left finally over done and unrecognizable to it's self

i noticed that in my pics too about the shock length...lets get a tape and see eye to eye when they are off....

peace

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 03 Jul 2011 12:00 by trianglelaguna.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Jul 2011 10:17 - 03 Jul 2011 10:19 #460727 by trianglelaguna
oh and if you think for a second the fact that the bike is a suzuki..or that it is kinda rough...or that i dont have room for a 7th roller..if you think i am not interested in this bike this cat will call me to come see today....well you thought wrong!!!! i was over it almost then i saw these guys finding Z-1's and MKII's and Z-1r's on here last months...screw this!!!

i wantz me somz bikes and shit.....too bro

i will take the camera...watch this thing be just dusty but all bad to the bone....

i told him on the phone sat...to go and take a hammer and trash the thing...so i wont have to buy it...bust the speedo out and break a hole in the engine case and we'll call it good to leave...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 03 Jul 2011 10:19 by trianglelaguna.

More
03 Jul 2011 11:37 #460739 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
107F...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, put on a jacket!....

We hit 115F yesterday.... :pinch: This heat is bull shit.... :angry: :laugh:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Jul 2011 18:18 #460787 by trianglelaguna
here is where i got so far.....black on the front end and ditch the blue stuff still got lots to go

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 Jul 2011 00:43 #460857 by trianglelaguna
It has 27xxx and it is a one owner parked it...rebuilt the garage and moved it outside for a week...few years later the cover was almost still on it...all service work and ran great when parked...got it serviced and running last in 98 for a month to see if he wanted to ride again and lost interest....I can see what i am gonna make out of it already....it is way tight and stuff is just dirty and neglected...it will shine again...the paint,seat, and wind screen are sweet...

This is gonna be cool....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife