Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
17 Jul 2010 10:36 #383326 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
the story....

new neighbors.....younger couple...kid see my bikes and tells the common ,sold my gixr when my friends leg got taken off story.....wheelies down the freeway type kid...
says he is a dirt bike guy now.....

asks me the other day if i want a project bike...it's all there...extra tank and cant get it running...no papers ,lost,has a headlight and turn signals...thinks it's an enduro......

ask him if it is a sinal cyl...does not know..

what colors...says white and red...

what make...thinks it's a yamaha...

says it's at his uncles and they wanna see if i want it cause they dont know much about"wrenchin"...

i told him "why not"

worst case i said i'll just dump it free on c-list if it is too far gone...

secretly i am daydreaming about fabbing a rd-400 engine or xs 650 and making a flatracker hack bike...

he's on the phone and hollers across the yards..."my uncle says it's an XT500 and that it is all together....it's mine if i want it....sure!!!!

i heard em moving some dirt bikes into my old garage and peeked out the woindow and saw it...it is there...they put it away and i was sleeping so i have not seen him since...

If they still wanna dump it I've decided to make it street worthy and do a total fix of it when the MKII gets off the bench....

would be fun to take down Highway one -big sur-and go up some fire roads and dead end canyons ect...

but a flatracker with kz750 twin or an h2 would be cool too...:woohoo:

i may get it this weekend and you know me...by the time it's done you'll have seen more pics than you wanted too.. :blink:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
17 Jul 2010 11:51 #383347 by Kawickrice
trianglelaguna wrote:

please if you have time post a link here in this thread to the buffer or a pic and pics of the the material disks ect..i am dislex and a.d.d and can only really retain the info to go shopping if i see a pictureeven for just a few seconds.. i will remember it forever through mental image pictures ,but if i write it down like say part #'s ...i end up at the store and have lost the paper or left it at home ect...frustrating.........not as much of a joke as it sounds..;) .thanks for the tip....

toucher...

Craig this will work wonders compared to doing it by hand. Get an old drill and some polishing wheels at the depot or Harbor Freight and polish away. The felt disks come in a fine for final polishing and a "sewn" one for cutting the heavy stuff. They turn black quick but that is good as you are removing material to get to the shine.

I ran out of the Wenol polish and got some of that Mothers and it works just as good. When the wheel loads up just run it on a wire brush for cleaning it up. Put the polish on by hand and use the wheel to remove it.

Got to have some tunes to because it is very time consuming and tedious

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
17 Jul 2010 17:38 #383437 by Lazyman06
great find on the yami Craig. if it's a thumper it shouldn't be too hard to tear down and find all wrong with it

1979 KZ1000 MK II frame
1980 KZ1000 C3 police engine

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
17 Jul 2010 19:28 #383483 by Kawickrice
That Yami is gonna be one fun toy, the price is right too.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
17 Jul 2010 19:32 #383485 by PLUMMEN
trianglelaguna wrote:

the story....

new neighbors.....younger couple...kid see my bikes and tells the common ,sold my gixr when my friends leg got taken off story.....wheelies down the freeway type kid...
says he is a dirt bike guy now.....

asks me the other day if i want a project bike...it's all there...extra tank and cant get it running...no papers ,lost,has a headlight and turn signals...thinks it's an enduro......

ask him if it is a sinal cyl...does not know..

what colors...says white and red...

what make...thinks it's a yamaha...

says it's at his uncles and they wanna see if i want it cause they dont know much about"wrenchin"...

i told him "why not"

worst case i said i'll just dump it free on c-list if it is too far gone...

secretly i am daydreaming about fabbing a rd-400 engine or xs 650 and making a flatracker hack bike...

he's on the phone and hollers across the yards..."my uncle says it's an XT500 and that it is all together....it's mine if i want it....sure!!!!

i heard em moving some dirt bikes into my old garage and peeked out the woindow and saw it...it is there...they put it away and i was sleeping so i have not seen him since...

If they still wanna dump it I've decided to make it street worthy and do a total fix of it when the MKII gets off the bench....

would be fun to take down Highway one -big sur-and go up some fire roads and dead end canyons ect...

but a flatracker with kz750 twin or an h2 would be cool too...:woohoo:

i may get it this weekend and you know me...by the time it's done you'll have seen more pics than you wanted too.. :blink:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
19 Jul 2010 18:39 #383938 by keith1
trianglelaguna wrote:

please if you have time post a link here in this thread to the buffer or a pic and pics of the the material disks ect..i am dislex and a.d.d and can only really retain the info to go shopping if i see a pictureeven for just a few seconds.. i will remember it forever through mental image pictures ,but if i write it down like say part #'s ...i end up at the store and have lost the paper or left it at home ect...frustrating.........not as much of a joke as it sounds..;) .thanks for the tip....

toucher...

cmon man...i cant lead you by the hand(although i heard thats your preferred method)......cut a sunroof in the taurus and "grape-ape" your ass down to harbor freight...i m sure a knuckle-draggin' 'shroomer like yourself can come home wit' the right stuff....i got your "toucher".......:laugh:....:woohoo:

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 Jul 2010 18:40 - 19 Jul 2010 19:26 #383940 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Tri.... scores one for the barn find column 79MK11
hey i just wanted a pic like kawickrice put up so i can get a good mental pic and remember...i walk into harbor freight and can not make sense of all the china wrench crap...so i often buy nothing...or get a small item ect..

things i wanna get there though

a large enough compressor to run a media blast gun...paint spray gun

a medie blast set...

a tubing bender for swingarm dia add ons ect..frame braces...

a welder that can do frame work

any pics would be great folks

i can remember a pic forever and can recall if i see that item instantly....like rain man but different...no joke ...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 19 Jul 2010 19:26 by trianglelaguna.

More
19 Jul 2010 19:29 #383965 by keith1
trianglelaguna wrote:

theik teeth ...figures..

tri,
if you and your girl (you know who) got together and combined brains, you might actually be dangerous....the fact i had to type this twice cause your girl got scooted is proof enough for me....i try to help you out and i get the toucher comment.......there are leaders and there are followers....keep doing the chemicals....hes having a party with you......
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 Jul 2010 19:44 - 20 Jul 2010 03:38 #383976 by trianglelaguna
keith quit being angry

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 20 Jul 2010 03:38 by trianglelaguna.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 Jul 2010 19:49 - 20 Jul 2010 03:40 #383979 by trianglelaguna
removed by craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 20 Jul 2010 03:40 by trianglelaguna.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 Jul 2010 19:54 - 20 Jul 2010 03:41 #383980 by trianglelaguna
ever notice :)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 20 Jul 2010 03:41 by trianglelaguna.

More
19 Jul 2010 19:59 #383985 by keith1
trianglelaguna wrote:

i work on shit on a homemade bench in a gravel drivway and pay nobody to do any of my bikes so far...so if you think i'm gonna disassemble an engine and polish stuff...then maybe you got the wrong thread to be "helping a guy"on...

i aint no purse swinging rebuilder ...i just ride em till they break...problem is mine dont break....

mothers and an old rag is all i need to get it decent...

and as far as you bringing your anger and war with greggy poo to my so far adult hobby thread...thanks...now it is open season like on your threads...

no anger here my friend.......seems someone or two has a litle sand in the "mangina"........i 'll stop in to haunt you occasionally between turning the key on 120hp at the wheel with no maintanance.......keep wrenching...i m going riding............see ya later........:P