Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Piston Hole Kz1000LTD 1982 09 Jun 2024 12:11 #900515

• cartal
  • cartal's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 78
Wookie, German carbs are totally different. I’ve now located a set that is missing some parts that I already have (floats, bowls), so it should be cheap. Let’s see. 

cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Piston Hole Kz1000LTD 1982 09 Jun 2024 16:04 #900527

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2689
So I take it you didn't try with reverse drill bits. That and a little heat might have done it. I hate "easy outs" for the reason shown here. They dig in and expand the material being removed. These carbs were used on many bikes and minor changes were being made. I looked up yours and a few came up for a reasonable price but some are listed as if they were made of GOLD. 
Aside from the tops they look very much like the ones I just did. 

It was very touchy work

Some clown is looking for someone desperate at $1450. Can't find him now. I wanted to post his ad for all to see. 
This one's in Canada

Good luck. 
Steve
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cartal

Piston Hole Kz1000LTD 1982 21 Jun 2024 04:47 #901064

• cartal
  • cartal's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 78
While Jim and I sort the carb deal, that have to make their way across the pond to Spain, I´m working on all the tiny little parts that are both time-consuming and a pleasure to deal with. Shocks in, forks in, brakes are in (all parts renewed, waiting for fluid and bleeding), front and rear mudguards... etc.

I wanted to show my nephew how the bike will look like, so I got the painted tank and reupholstered seat out, and just got them on top of the bike. 

I have to say I am shocked of how good looking this bike will be once it´s done. Just some pics to share my hapiness...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7, Scirocco, Wookie58