Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 26 Feb 2008 17:25 #197150

• CptEDIV
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Tires Plus general service "technician". It sucks right now, but its a start, haha. Full time student in an automotive program also.
-Ed
1979 KZ 650 D2 \"Midnight\" blue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 28 Feb 2008 07:00 #197351

• Kellen79_650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm in the Air Force as a Contracting Officer. I write and negotiate government contracts here at McChord AFB in WA and in the desert but hopefully not again for a while. I get the $500 for a hammer joke all the time. 2 more years and them hopefully I'm on my way to the private sector helping small business get Government contracts.

Post edited by: Kellen79_650, at: 2008/02/28 10:20
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain
Attachments:

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 28 Feb 2008 07:24 #197357

• Kellen79_650
  • User
Picture of me in Dubai UAE "Just doing my job"

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain
Attachments:

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 29 Feb 2008 17:15 #197605

• Talman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, I rescind my earlier update (where I said I had just accepted a new job). I did accept the job but my current company showed me that I was a valuable employee and gave me a nice reason to stay. I like the company, the people I work for and the people I work with, I just needed a new challenge. They are giving me a new challenge and I'm showing them that I'm loyal. So I go back to saying "I manage Organization and Talent Development for medical device company that specializes in manufacturing of hip and knee replacements as well as other less common joint replacements (like shoulders and elbows).
1976 KZ 400 (Free, free, free...needs major work)
2004 Intruder Volusia
ex- 1976 KZ 400 Hot rod (Owned by return2ridin before me and Wolfencopter after me. Does anyone have it now
?)
ex- 1978 KZ 200
Bergen County, NJ

Aint no time to hate....barely time to wait

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 03 Mar 2008 11:07 #198152

• pumps
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
delete

Post edited by: pumps, at: 2008/03/08 22:35
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 03 Mar 2008 11:07 #198153

• pumps
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
In my youth I bartended, work for the Union Pacific , drove a fork truck, hod carried and various other things.
For the last 17 years I have been a firefighter,the last 10 of them driving a firetruck. Emergency medical technician (EMT-D) D for defibrillator which means I'm licensed to shock you.Hazardous Materials Technician for offensive operation on hazmat spills and releases.I was the guy in the space suit.Our dept has a manning (and women) of 880 folks here in KC, a city of about 500,000.
As you know a city job won't get you rich so most of us boys in blue in our off time have a part time gig.We work 24 hours on and 48 off.The hats I've worn on my off days and still wear today are an appliance repair man, a computer tech,electrician, cable and network guy, and of course general handyman.I've worked for plenty of other people but this year decided to hell with it, I'll just do my own thing, on my own schedule, when and IF I want to do it.Got motorcycles to ride , you know?
It might be hard to see me, close to the center as I cross the yard to start to try to put this one out.

Post edited by: pumps, at: 2008/03/03 14:16
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive
Attachments:

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 08 Mar 2008 15:20 #199101

• 2M4Dale
  • User
I'm a 30 year machinest by day and a ASE certified mechanic on my evenings and weekends. I stay pretty busy !!!
Hello from Sunny Mansfield, Ohio
1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 08 Mar 2008 16:24 #199113

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
CptEDIV wrote:

Tires Plus general service "technician". It sucks right now, but its a start, haha. Full time student in an automotive program also.
-Ed

don't feel so bad, that's where i started 20 years ago and now i'm a master tech.
STAY IN SCHOOL!
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 08 Mar 2008 17:22 #199121

• ronjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Bluemeanie wrote:

Here ya go computormoron :woohoo: First pic...

Hey Bluemeanie, did I just see you on a History Channel program, "Worlds Strongest"...tires in this case?
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 08 Mar 2008 19:06 #199139

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Naw, just someone who looks like me! :woohoo: Actually I posted those pics for CSRMORON, He couldn't figure out how to post.
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 08 Mar 2008 19:39 #199143

• ronjones
  • User
Bluemeanie wrote:

Naw, just someone who looks like me! :woohoo: Actually I posted those pics for CSRMORON, He couldn't figure out how to post.

OK I guess my question is for CSRMORON, then... I just saw a H.Channel program called the worlds strongest. They did a segment about these "worlds strongest" tires and talked about the big f'ing tires used in Poudre Creek, or Canyon or something, pit-mine. I swear the guy that puts the chains on those MFers, looks like that picture.
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 08 Mar 2008 19:44 #199144

• ronjones
  • User
CSRMORON wrote:

I work for a tire protection chain company and travel the U.S. installing tire protection chains primarily on wheel loaders in steel mills,quarries, and mines. I've installed chains on just about any size wheel loader, including the biggest wheel laoder in the world that operates in a copper mine about 80 miles east of Phoenix. Heres me standing next to the tire and that bad boy. (Im about 6'4")

Yeah, it must be you, I saw you on TV:woohoo: B)