Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 27 Jan 2008 17:03 #191326

• genesis
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I worked 7 years as a Service Writer at a new car dealership. Worst job I ever had, but it paid the bills.
Now I'm a Registered Nurse at a HUGE Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor. It can be a little annoying being the only guy on the floor for 12 hours a day, but I love the work. Many days, KZR is the only contact I have with another guy besides my 2 year old at home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 30 Jan 2008 22:07 #191927

• McGregor
  • User
10 hours behind the wheel everyday( except weekends ), workin' for medical supply & equpment company
:blink:
Cheers!!!
KZ1000M1 CSR 1981

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 31 Jan 2008 03:01 #191939

• almarconi
  • User
During the day, I manage and own a liquor store. At night I work as a quality control chemist for a laundry detergent manufacturer. What little free time I have,I spend with the wife and kids. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to ride right now :(
1981 KZ550C LTD (SOLD)
1980 GS750L
1982 KZ750N1 Spectre (New Project)

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 31 Jan 2008 04:58 #191947

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
CoreyClough wrote:

I use to model....socks....on the radio. :woohoo: :blink:

I'm a warehouse manager for a major supplier selling radiators, a/c condensers, and heater cores.

I like long walks on short piers at sunset. 6 miles from work, but 42 streetlights, and 9 stop signs in between. That's what you get when living in the city.<br><br>Post edited by: CoreyClough, at: 2008/01/24 19:32

:woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: :silly: :pinch: :P
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 31 Jan 2008 21:49 #192148

• Hugh Betcha
  • User
Hello All!

I just joined here tho i have been lurkin' around for a while! these are the coolest threads and a good way to get to know all of you in here!

I am a professional upright bass player, and i have four working bands at the moment up here in Montreal. i play Jazz, Blues, Klezmer, Country, Bluegrass etc.

I've always kept a part time truck driving job on the side because music can be very feast of famine, and i drive for a company that exclusively transports art so i get to see alot of famous paintings and sculptors.

over the past year i became the owner of a local 60 person capacity restaurant that features .... you guessed it! live music, so now i get to play in my own place!

so if anyone is motoring up to Montreal come on by and say hello and see some fine music.

here is my myspace page so you can see little videos of all my bands performing, and one video of me skydiving!

www.myspace.com/markpeetsma

good to meet everyone!

Mark

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 31 Jan 2008 22:36 #192153

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250
im a custom tattoo artist for the last 13 years, i work in Hamilton Ontario right now for
www.sinkin-ink.com/angus.html
06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 01 Feb 2008 01:04 #192156

• ZeeEuro
  • User
recent college grad obsessed with the sixties (caffs, music, ideas, etc). currently messing with the 650C3 and delaying going to law school for as long as I can. work for a legal services firm on Hollywood blvd but cannot stand LA.

probably should have been born in liverpool in the late 40s

B)

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 01 Feb 2008 12:26 #192224

• Lorcan
  • User
  • Speed Loony
  • Thank you received: 59
I worked in an office for 10 years (was meant to be 6 weeks). The I had a sign company for 18 years. Now I design and print bike t-shirts, and work in a post office a few hours a week to get me out of the house :whistle:
760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 01 Feb 2008 12:51 #192226

• KZReeder
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I work for a consulting company out of my back porch office... I travel quite a bit around Florida.

I dabble in various graphic design side projects. (mostly t-shirts and signs)

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 14 Feb 2008 10:46 #194575

• Talman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
KZReeder wrote:

I work for a consulting company out of my back porch office... I travel quite a bit around Florida.

I dabble in various graphic design side projects. (mostly t-shirts and signs)

Your avatar just brightened up my day. If it was appropriate to have Steal Your Face as the wallpaper on your computer in Corporate America I most deinitely would.

The Dead probably have the most appropriate line for those of us who scorunge for parts or consider buying parts bikes..

From St. Stephen "One man gathers what another man spills"
1976 KZ 400 (Free, free, free...needs major work)
2004 Intruder Volusia
ex- 1976 KZ 400 Hot rod (Owned by return2ridin before me and Wolfencopter after me. Does anyone have it now
?)
ex- 1978 KZ 200
Bergen County, NJ

Aint no time to hate....barely time to wait

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 15 Feb 2008 22:00 #194837

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Entremanure...I mean entrepreneur. Pretty much have always been self-employed because I don't like someone under-paying me to listen to them.

Started a comedy/trivia/community newspaper called South Side Story about 15 years ago up against two big guys (I love to kick their tails around every once and a while) and then took the idea to syndication, in other words, I sell a complete newspaper to other newspapers in digital form We were (and I believe still are) north America's only humour (Canadian spelling there for our Amercian friends) and trivia newspaper. It is called Kicks.net

Customers simply email me each month when they need another issue and I direct them to our ftp site where they download the complete file. Then I send them an invoice which is the part I like the best!

Pretty simple concept, and the nice part is that I have to only pay once to have the issue made (which I take care of with my main publication South Side Story) but can continue to resell it to other customers as they move through the line of issues.

Have also invented a rather unique beer tray for bars and restaurants that I patented, designed and had manufactured. Sold my first order to Labatt's Breweries and their first order of 5000 trays got me started. I brought a logoed, wooden prototype that was painted to look plastic and they loved the concept which had coin compartments and a fingertip opening moulded into the base for the server to grab hold of. It was the only serving tray that held a full-size logo at POS, point of sale, or in simple terms, right in front of the customers nose.

Done a bunch of other things to help fill in the time and am currently working on my first online business, a community-based site that will offer a unique service that everyone needs. Too early to say anything yet about the idea but all of the time I have wasted hanging around kzr has gotta come in handy some day-right?

Pretty much have the best job in the world but I still would rather just float around instead of showing up at the office 'cause nobody ever puts on their tombstone that they wished they spent more time at the office:)

Gotta say I liked wiredgeorge's suspicous memory lapse about who and where he worked. Something tells me there are a few hundred stories behind his blank work record:)

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

Post edited by: reborn650, at: 2008/02/16 13:33
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

What do you do (for work) when you're not riding? 20 Feb 2008 13:37 #195882

• old650
  • User
I have had a lot of different jobs over the years, primarily labour intensive, construction, etc. I was also a raging dope smoking drunk for a long time. I packed it all in and found myself with a grade eight education. I went back to school at 35 and completed all of my high school, coming out with an award for a high average. Then at age 40 I went to university and got a degree. Currently I am in a small Saskatchewan city that carries a unique addictions counseling program (one of only two like it in Canada, and why we came here). I have been accepted into the fall intake and I'm currently driving night shift taxi to build up my tuition coin. I drove taxi on the weekend while in university, to survive financialy. Why taxi with a degree?, well, it's because my resume is very mottled from my old animal days of drugs/booze and this smaller city is financialy depressed with limited job opportunities, but we have to stay here for this fall program. My wife is a teacher with two degrees but due to a provincial glut of teachers, she does not have a current contract. At this moment she is the assistent director of a child daycare. I was supposed to go into the counselor program last fall but my wife got a teaching contract on an isolated, fly in, northern reserve so I rolled the intake over for a year. The reserve turned out to be a hell hole of dysfunction and we left after 4-5 months. Actualy, roughly half of the "outside" teachers left with one female being physicly assaulted by an Aboriginal male teacher on that reserve. Man the stories I could tell! Anyway, that's it. Socking away dough for the fall and as of late researching how to Hook up my new Dyna package without screwing it up in the spring.:laugh: