1978 KZ1000 a2 swingarm swap

More
19 Dec 2013 20:26 #615952 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic 1978 KZ1000 a2 swingarm swap
BusaMan77,
He is using a Trail Tech Vapor for a speed from what I can tell. I use one also.
www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/vapor
The speedo pick up mounts to the forks, comes with a universal magnet and a few standard size rotor bolts with a magnet in them.
It also connects to a coil for RPM. It works fairly well the RPMs glitch out on me every now and then.
I don't know what he uses for hydraulic clutch but I do know Z1 Enterprises offers one.

BusaMan66 wrote: Congrats Paul. Bike looks great, and since I have all the parts needed, think I'll do the same conversion to my '73 Z2/Z1 as well. What speedometer and sensor are you using, and how did you convert the clutch to hydraulic clutch?

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2013 03:09 #615969 by Paulb450
Replied by Paulb450 on topic 1978 KZ1000 a2 swingarm swap
yep, you have it spot on' it is a trail tech digital display, very simple to use. The RPM so far has not had any glitches. I have been using my dirt bike gps on the handlebars to double check the speedo to see if any fine tuning/calibration is needed and it will prob take me a few attempts to get it perfect.

I am not using a hydraulic clutch, my brake and clutch perch and lever do not match at this stage, I am running Hayabusa brakes side and Original KZ on the clutch side. I will be changing them to a matching set of AST when I strip for paint and Polish.

Leon, I have ordered the Endcap for the exhaust from Ebay thanks for the advice. I am going to hold off on the fork extenders to see just how much of an inconvenience it is.

I screwed up on my order for new discs and pads, ordered for on 08 and newer hayabusa and my bits are actually from an 01. Trying not to ride too much more until I get those on, I am enjoying it way to much and need to be sure the bike will stop properly before I get too brave.

More
20 Dec 2013 17:26 #616045 by BusaMan66
Replied by BusaMan66 on topic 1978 KZ1000 a2 swingarm swap
Thanks guys.
Appreciate the info.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. Rush