Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals

• ronboskz650sr
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Oct 2005 19:21 #4545 by ronboskz650sr
Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals was created by ronboskz650sr
Hey folks! Does anyone have some current pics of cafe' style handlebars, and tips for cables/obstructions/etc? I've been pouring through the gallery, and see alot of dragbars, superbike bars, euro bars, but only a couple of clubman or clip-ons. How about some close-ups and mounting details/work-arounds etc. Thanks!

Post edited by: ronboskz650sr, at: 2005/10/26 22:23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2005 21:35 #4564 by bkitchen
Replied by bkitchen on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
Here is a not so good pic. As you can see I left the throttle cables the same length and kinda rerouted them. The brake line is the worst part for getting in the way. Had to adjust that at just the right angle. Now I have a cafe fairing and all of the sloppy cables are hidden.

• dutchz
  • Visitor
27 Oct 2005 01:25 #4582 by dutchz
Replied by dutchz on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
I looked through all my stuff but didn't have any close-ups. I'll try and shoot you some tomorrow.
Installation was pretty straightforward, but yeah like bkitchen said the stock cables are kinda long, the brakeline will give you the most trouble. I will be replacing it with a braided line and am planning on getting a shorter line at that time. It will all fit with a little patience.
I also dropped the forks an inch, flipped the headlight stays upside down, dropped the gauge cluster down with a home made aluminum bracket and some spacers, and lost the idiot lights and ignition switch, so my whole setup is not quite stock I gues... I'm really happy with the way it looks though and it works well...
I'l get on those close-ups tomorrow after work hopefully.
-dutch

More
27 Oct 2005 01:31 #4585 by dutchz
Sorry everyone - I somehow got logged out and the message reposted a couple of times in visitor status?! :blink: Gotta get used to this here new forum I guess...

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

More
27 Oct 2005 01:35 #4586 by sbjones
Replied by sbjones on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
well i looked into all the clubman bars and stuff like that. but in the end i just flipped mine over (and flipped them from end to end) and it worked great. didn't even have to bent them

More
27 Oct 2005 01:37 #4587 by sbjones
Replied by sbjones on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
looking at the bars in the pic, mine look really close to that, with out spending a dime

• ronboskz650sr
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
27 Oct 2005 06:28 #4626 by ronboskz650sr
Replied by ronboskz650sr on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
I tried that, but my forks hit the bars right at the bend and they won't flip down the way I wanted...front end is lowered 1 inch so my forks extend up through the triple tree. I'm using drag bars now, but i think clubmans are next. My seat I just made lends itself to that position, along with using the rear pegs until I can fab some even more rearset controls.

More
27 Oct 2005 08:13 #4646 by jenshhj
Replied by jenshhj on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
Lifeliberty had a very nice 550 with clubman bars. Only have this picture of the front end.

More
27 Oct 2005 10:41 #4662 by Wildog
Replied by Wildog on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
I bought some clubman bars and rerouted my cables, I will try to get some pics up. I bought the clubmans from an online eBay store. Speed Moto Company. (CHEAP) not in quality but in price. Below is the link. I love them, the riding position is like a crotch rocket with the old school look.

stores.ebay.com/Speed-Moto-Company_Cable...rZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

More
27 Oct 2005 10:55 #4665 by Wildog
Replied by Wildog on topic Calling all clubman/clip-on/cafe guys/gals
I hope the person who owns this doesn't mind, but here is a photo I had of a KZ650 with clubman bars. This guy did like I did and flipped his headlight brackets upside down and to the opposite sides to lower the headlight, streamline look.

More
28 Oct 2005 14:36 #4993 by dutchz
Got the camera back... Here's some handlebar close-ups.

1974 Kawasaki Z1

More
28 Oct 2005 14:37 #4994 by dutchz
from the right

1974 Kawasaki Z1