Who want's rearsets????

More
23 Mar 2006 15:24 #33799 by HENRYJ
Who want's rearsets???? was created by HENRYJ
Hey Folks-
I have been searching and searching for a set of rearsets for my 650C2 with no success. I am sure some of you have had the same problem. So I pose this question- If I were to start manufacturing rearsets for the 650's who would be interested in a set??
I have connections with a local machine shop who could quote me the job and help with fine tuning of the final product, they would be CNC quality, hopefully at a reasonable price. I know the price I get would go down as quantities increase, so I am throwing it out to you guys.......who would be interested?

Just trying to get a ballpark figure, no one is obligated to buy yet!

BTW:I can't believe our number of posts didn't roll over from the old site!!! I worked hard for those posts!

Post edited by: henryj, at: 2006/03/23 18:27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
23 Mar 2006 16:17 #33820 by twowheeledterror
Replied by twowheeledterror on topic Who want's rearsets????
HENRYJ wrote:

Hey Folks-
I have been searching and searching for a set of rearsets for my 650C2 with no success. I am sure some of you have had the same problem. So I pose this question- If I were to start manufacturing rearsets for the 650's who would be interested in a set??
I have connections with a local machine shop who could quote me the job and help with fine tuning of the final product, they would be CNC quality, hopefully at a reasonable price. I know the price I get would go down as quantities increase, so I am throwing it out to you guys.......who would be interested?

Just trying to get a ballpark figure, no one is obligated to buy yet!

BTW:I can't believe our number of posts didn't roll over from the old site!!! I worked hard for those posts!<br><br>Post edited by: henryj, at: 2006/03/23 18:27

I'm CNCing my own from Aluminum. :)

You'll definitely find interested parties though!

More
23 Mar 2006 16:56 #33833 by apeman
Replied by apeman on topic Who want's rearsets????
HenryJ,

If the price is right I might want a set for my KZ750H project bike. I don't know if they are the same as the 650s, but they might be close. I have some peg mounts from a GPZ, and they might work too, so I am mostly just exploring alternatives right now. The project bike really isn't even started yet, except for gathering raw materials, and working over ideas in my head.

Petaluma and Truckee, CA -- member since Jan. 23, 2003;
PREVIOUS KZs: 1980 KZ750H with 108,000 miles; 1980 KZ750E with 28,000 miles; and KZ750H street/cafe project, all sold a few years back.

This is what I do for fun, not for work. It is art, with a little engineering thrown in.

More
23 Mar 2006 18:14 #33856 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic Who want's rearsets????
I might be interested, depending on price and looks, if not I think Im going to build my own, or modify some ZX stuff.
Scott

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
23 Mar 2006 19:32 #33876 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Who want's rearsets????
I'm in need of some myself. But would like ones that fit the '77 & '78 single bolt foot peg set up. The '79 and later have 2 bolt foot pegs.

I have been toying with some spare pegs I have, turning them backwards and such, but will need to cut the brake and shifter lever shorter, and don't know how well the shifter in particular would work being short.

So I'm very interested in how this turns out. B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
23 Mar 2006 19:41 #33880 by dutchz
Replied by dutchz on topic Who want's rearsets????
Rstnick,
My shifter is super short and it works just fine. I took the cobbled up linkage off and just flipped the shifter around, GP style. My wife's 650 shifts a lot more buttery than my bike by the way.

If you don't want to mess with your stock one buy a spare that will fit the spline. It does not have to be KZ I found that a lot of brands use the same size spline when I was looking for a fitting shift linkage. I'd say you can find one for under $10 - and cut it up. If it doesn't work, you can always go back.

Short brake lever poses no problem at all. Just cut it and bend it out about an inch.

Post edited by: dutchz, at: 2006/03/23 22:43

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

More
24 Mar 2006 18:39 #34080 by Kawozaki
Replied by Kawozaki on topic Who want's rearsets????
Good for you, TWT

More
25 Mar 2006 14:55 #34229 by dnestell
Replied by dnestell on topic Who want's rearsets????
i'm interested too as long as they aren't to horribly expensive. get back with me on the price

More
25 Mar 2006 16:49 #34264 by secondhandtom
Replied by secondhandtom on topic Who want's rearsets????
Sorry to be a dork-fish.. but I'm not clear what you mean by "rear-set".

tomtom

More
25 Mar 2006 17:05 #34269 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic Who want's rearsets????
secondhandtom wrote:

Sorry to be a dork-fish.. but I'm not clear what you mean by "rear-set".

tomtom

Its the opposite of "forward controls" found on a lot of choppers/cruisers.
Rear sets put the controls (brake lever and shifter) back behind where they would normally be, like whats on the new sport bikes. on a KZ it puts the drivers pegs back in the area where the passenger pegs are/were.
Scott

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
25 Mar 2006 17:36 #34275 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic Who want's rearsets????

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
14 Apr 2006 17:07 #39571 by johnny chop
Replied by johnny chop on topic Who want's rearsets????
If they would fit a 78 Kawa 750........I'd be interested as well...Oh & the price would have to be reasonable....:)