Rear wheel turns in neutral

More
03 Nov 2009 13:40 #331320 by 82kz1000P
Replied by 82kz1000P on topic Rear wheel turns in neutral
Kawickrice wrote:

It is normal and makes lubing the chain easy

A guy I know lost the end of his pinky finger oiling the chain with the bike in gear; I think he was holding the rag to clean it with one hand working the throttle with the other; the rag caught and some how the end of his finger got pulled between the chain and sprocket, where it remains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2009 13:54 #331323 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Rear wheel turns in neutral
Old Man Rock wrote:

now that we have provided you some sound advice, you must post a Zoomed up Facial image of your self.... :evil:

don't fall for this one chrispysaki, what ever you do, don't fall for it!

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
03 Nov 2009 14:55 #331330 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Rear wheel turns in neutral
I was on another motorcycle forum a long time ago and asked this question. My problem however was a little more than the wheel turning in neutral. This motorcycle in neutral the wheel would *REALLY* turn with the engine running. Enough that at a stoplight it was hard to hold it from rolling forward while running in neutral. Just for info I asked this question if anyone had heard of such a thing and you know the responses I got? All were to adjust the clutch? Now think about it, while running in neutral does the clutch adjustment matter $0.02? or would it matter if the plates were even seized or completely missing for that matter? Think about it and the answer is no. I just mention this because the original poster questioned the clutch and while in neutral the clutch has no effect on the rear wheel rotation. In my case the real problem was a defective gear that had a pressed in center that had slid out of position effectively making the gear too wide for the space it was alloted on the shaft making it bind to the shaft and giving that nice unwanted rotation to the wheel while running in neutral. So yes, wheel will turn, but shouldn't turn with excessive power while in neutral.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.