Fork Tube Bolt

• shannonbeau
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It's my first bike. 82 KZ 1100a
More
12 Jun 2009 12:37 #298626 by shannonbeau
Replied by shannonbeau on topic Fork Tube Bolt
I did get the bolt that I needed, I ended up ordering it from the local dealer about 30 miles away, the kid in the parts dept. lives about 10 miles the other way from the dealer so he dropped them off to me at the shop after he got off work.
I got it in and the wheel is on for now.
We are putting the cylinders and head back on tonight since I now have all of the parts I need. "THANK GOD FOR Z1ENTERIZES.COM"
I am in a much better mood today. I put that fork bolt ni over my lunch break. Can't remember if I told you already but the day that I stripped that out, I had already covered myself with Fork oil from head to toe since I didn't release the pressure as the instructions stated.
Then the dealership in Iowa City hosed me on the 4 O-Rings that go between the cylinder and head... I got there and they handed me Copper Exhaust Gaskets... Then they only had 3 of the 4 that I needed and it would be over a week before I could get the other one.
I have been working on this bike for 3 months now, I know almost everything there is to know about the 82 KZ1100 A2 Shaft drive bike, and I have never even ridden one yet.

I hope to be able to ride it next week, if so, I'll get some video shot and explain all of the stuff I had to do to make this, My very first Motorcycle, run.

Thanks for all of your patience and assistance. I am truely gratefull.

I also wanted to pass along, one of my boy scouts got a KZ650 over the winter, got it running and now has his permit. Dumped the bike going around a corner on wet pavement and broke the turn signal and points cover... I gave him my set of turn signals since I replaced mine with Auto-Gem Baby Bullets. Thought it only fair since I have gotten so much FREE HELP here, that I should pass on something FREE to another new rider.

In addition, I got my riding permit this week to learn to ride and I got the bike registered. Now if I can just get the darned thing running so that I can actually ride it.
I would like to Ride it to work on Monday for RIDE TO WORK DAY.

Just got an 82 KZ 1100, working to fix it up as my first bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shannonbeau
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It's my first bike. 82 KZ 1100a
More
15 Apr 2010 13:36 #360878 by shannonbeau
Replied by shannonbeau on topic Fork Tube Bolt
Great news... Got that bolt that I was talking about based on the responses...
Also last Saturday I finally went in and took the Riders Test..
Passed with 0 marks against me...
Already put 500 miles on the bike this week.
Couldn't ride it much before, didn't have anyone close by to ride with me.
Now I am putting a Stator on it this weekend so that it will charge the battery.

Just got an 82 KZ 1100, working to fix it up as my first bike.

More
15 Apr 2010 15:14 #360905 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Fork Tube Bolt
shannonbeau wrote:

...Now I am putting a Stator on it this weekend so that it will charge the battery.

Is it for sure that the charging issue is with regard to the stator? :unsure:

Just mentioning because there are so many other reasons why the battery might not be charging. Some cheaper and easier to resolve.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD