rear tire placement.

More
02 May 2009 07:23 #287166 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic rear tire placement.
It's part # 42032-071 used on all the KZ1000 lineup from 1977-80 only. You can do a google search on that number and 3 or 4 places claim they have it, but I wouldn't bet on it. The only other option is finding a junked out KZ1000 that you can rob the part from.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kingchiefa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • To each thier own.
More
02 May 2009 20:15 #287311 by Kingchiefa
Replied by Kingchiefa on topic rear tire placement.
otakar wrote:

Can you snap a picture of all the spacers you DO have for the rear wheel? What is the Diameter of your axle? I may have one from my CSR wheel.

if you look at the diagram on the second page I have all of the spacers except the number 4... I do not know the diameter of the axle. I'm going to try and find a junked kz I'm supposed to meet with a guy on Monday to look at a set of wheels he has for the kz's hopefully they still have the spacers on them. Thank you though, if you figure out that you do have the spacer i am looking for plz let me know I will buy it off of you just to have a spare.

1979 KZ1000 ltd b3 Currently in Troy, PA. Hope to some of you on the road.

More
03 May 2009 07:29 - 03 May 2009 07:31 #287433 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic rear tire placement.
Kingchiefa wrote:

SO I ordered the missing number 4 spacer from bike bandit and they informed yesterday that the manufacturer is no longer making that rear axle collar. Anyone know anywhere else to fidn this spacer so I can ride my bike??

A lot of places provide diagrams w prices but they don't have the parts & some of them don't show the full part number, not very helpful & wasting everyone's time.

Kawasaki.com has parts diagrams in the Owner Info section w lots of other info. Click stuff. Clicking the diagram reference number gets you to the full part number fast. Clicking the part number opens a new window - a part will be listed as Active or Cancelled - some stuff is still available at the dealer (although some items listed as Active may not be). Click stuff.

Babbitt's Online has the full part numbers & a price.
I use that info & check the part number at ebbaayy - be sure to check-mark the Include title & description box. Often times the part number isn't included in the title.

Z1Enterprises.com can get the Active parts that're actually available. Their price is often times better than those offered on ebbaayy.
Last edit: 03 May 2009 07:31 by JMKZHI.

• Kingchiefa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • To each thier own.
More
05 May 2009 11:34 #288162 by Kingchiefa
Replied by Kingchiefa on topic rear tire placement.
YEAH!!!! I finally found spacer #4!!! From a guy right here in town. I also got a set of gold wheels that are straighter than mine. More chrome to add to the bike and all kinds of new stuff. So I'm back on the road!! Thank you all for you input and advice.

1979 KZ1000 ltd b3 Currently in Troy, PA. Hope to some of you on the road.