kawasaki kz650 csr steering lock

More
06 May 2009 16:21 #288569 by shitimdumb
Replied by shitimdumb on topic kawasaki kz650 csr steering lock
Thanks for the help guys. I got her running! more questions to come :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2010 05:18 #374336 by kawimo
Replied by kawimo on topic kawasaki kz650 csr steering lock
I know I'm a year late but I just dealt with the same stuck lock problem with my 1981 CSR 650, the one where the lock is part of the ignition. Mine would also move a little (apx. 1/4")but just would not come out of the locked position. After trying the ideas on this thread, before changing the ignition out, I called a local Mom and Pop motorcycle shop and owner told me to have someone tap lightly on the bottom of the lock (The bolt itself that bumps against the stop on the frame) while another person lightly turns the key toward the unlock position. You will need two people to accomplish this unless you have three arms. My brother was nice enough to help me out with this and within less than a minute my lock was free. The owner of the bike shop said that there is a slide inside the lock that has a spring on the back side of it that can get hung up which will not allow the tumbler to be in the proper position to work. I hope this will help someone else before they get to the pains of changing out the whole ignition. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.