SABOTAGE!

More
13 Jul 2008 16:10 #225957 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic SABOTAGE!
Sorry to hear that,GG.That really does suck,big time.
Give him some time,and tell him to have HAPPY period.:)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2008 07:20 - 14 Jul 2008 07:28 #226043 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic SABOTAGE!
Now that I've picked myself up off the floor and re-read what you posted several times, let me get this straight..

You spent countless hours helping a friend build a bike so the two of you could ride together.

Then you sneak in and cut his frame so he can either..
A) get killed while riding it
b) get almost killed while riding it
C) kill someone that is also riding on it OR near him
( you ?)
D) call the police ( of course YOU told him to do that,
with pictures to help convict you! ) so that you could
go to jail.
E) spend MORE riding time rebuilding it so the two
of you can spend more time together.

Justin...I don't honestly think any of those options make any sense to me :dry: :blink: :S
Does he have a girlfriend/wife who is mind controling him?? And does she have an EX who might want something to happen to your buddy ????:dry: And is she in his will????It sure sounds like it to me. This stuff is crazy! I mean, Hollyweird would have trouble making something this bizzare up!!! I wouldn't want to be his food taste tester...:unsure:
You're always welcome in Central Illinois buddy !!
Good luck, Pat

Re:SABOTAGE! 2 Days, 1 Hour ago
WOW, never saw this coming! That's messed up for sure. Is this guy coming up with all this crap on his own or is someone else feeding him behind the scenes

That's what I'm thinking...

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Last edit: 14 Jul 2008 07:28 by patmann.

More
14 Jul 2008 09:07 #226069 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic SABOTAGE!
I like the way you put this mess in order Patmann. Maybe if Justin tells it to him like that it may help him realize how wrong he is.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
14 Jul 2008 11:24 #226100 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic SABOTAGE!
Something that just occurred to me the evening after my last encounter with him...

Action Man used to be an insurance investigator. He would park down the block from somebody's house and follow them around when they left, or he'd hide in the bushes in full camo gear with a video camera, waiting to catch people up and out of their wheelchair and moving bricks or jumping on the trampoline or whatever. He'd often have to testify in court against those people, thus they'd know his name and what he looks like. I have to wonder how many people he's busted for insurance fraud over the years that he did that job. I have to wonder how many of those people went to jail for it. Of those people, how many of them might feel strongly enough about it to try to do him harm...

I've considered calling and asking him these questions, his previous line of work never came up in our recent discussions. Then again, if he's too dumb to think of this, and dumb enough to suspect ME, then he might be too damn dumb to be my friend.

The more I think about this situation, the less sad and more offended I feel about it...

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
14 Jul 2008 23:39 #226209 by cottoncandyninja
Replied by cottoncandyninja on topic SABOTAGE!
i told you i didnt want to read this shit. its backwards. yes its sad he suspects you. but hes not a good friend if he thinks that way. sorry, but it sounds like the only logical thing in this thread.

More
15 Jul 2008 03:18 #226219 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic SABOTAGE!
Wow, this was already a messed up situation (cut frame) and now it is even more messed up (dumbass friend). I can't imagine how you must have felt when he called. Must have been like a kick in the guts. Especially after knowing him as long as you did. Hope everything works out for the best.

More
15 Jul 2008 05:34 #226236 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic SABOTAGE!
Just to have the time and skill to do this says inside job. They had no fear of getting caught or killing someone so either they are a killer or they never expected someone to ride the bike. Could it be that the owner is afraid of the bike and made sure no one would ride it? Maybe he just wants to 86 his good friend? Maybe he needs his skullcap unsnapped and his between the ears gap checked. Could be he has no spark. Prolly never know the real story but it does make you want a Tazer/45cal/cattle prod/cigar cutter to dig it out. :ohmy:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
15 Jul 2008 06:37 #226249 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic SABOTAGE!
Locozuna wrote:

Just to have the time and skill to do this says inside job. They had no fear of getting caught or killing someone so either they are a killer or they never expected someone to ride the bike. Could it be that the owner is afraid of the bike and made sure no one would ride it? Maybe he just wants to 86 his good friend? Maybe he needs his skullcap unsnapped and his between the ears gap checked. Could be he has no spark. Prolly never know the real story but it does make you want a Tazer/45cal/cattle prod/cigar cutter to dig it out. :ohmy:

I'll admit that I had the same thought. Could ActionMan have cut his own frame?
GG, he called and told you that the bike was riding funny, did you see him ride it? Who found the cuts?

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
15 Jul 2008 07:54 #226268 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic SABOTAGE!
Wow, I was hoping this whole ordeal would have had a better conclusion - frame fixed and the TRUE culprit caught/prosecuted. :(

I do agree with everyone elses suspicions though, it certainly sounds like someone else has turned him against you and named you as the sabotuer(sp).
Does he have a wife/girlfriend that felt you were taking away from their "together time", and would go to any extent to change that?
I'm not saying that SHE damaged the frame or had someone else do it, but stranger things happen every day. :dry:

And I'm very suspicious of why he never reported this to the police. :huh:
I would have done it the very same day while everything was still fresh in my mind and any available clues could have been properly gathered.

I don't want to stir up any more trouble than you're already dealing with, and not knowing A.M. as well as you do (or thought you did?), but if it were me I'd be triple-checking all of the stuff that was just picked up from his premises for "retaliation sabotage"....just saying. :blush:

I hope that the person(s) that cut the frame and the person(s) feeding him these wild ideas are brought forth and dealt with soon.
Regardless if your friendship with A.M. can be salvaged from this or not, at least this whole thing can finally be put to rest.

G.G.,
You're a great guy, so please don't let what's happened change how you feel and deal with the rest of your friends - we're not all like that ya know. :)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
15 Jul 2008 10:16 #226300 by cannibal440
Replied by cannibal440 on topic SABOTAGE!
did you see metal shavings under the cut??? it looks like it was done a little while back or the cuts would be very shiny. maybe its just the picture. do not just weld that back together.

remove all paint around the incision about an inch or more on both sides
weld a pipe over the tubing. that'll guarantee its strongest. yeah it'll be fatter right there but i seriously wouldnt trust just welding the incision back together. make sure before you weld that the metal is as clean as possible

then just repaint the "scar" and it should be peachy

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
15 Jul 2008 12:13 - 15 Jul 2008 12:18 #226318 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic SABOTAGE!
He has no wife/girlfriend, neither of us do. It's one of the reasons we were able to hang out together and act like guys are supposed to act: BBQ, beer, bikes, making fart jokes, drinking whiskey and playing guitar until the sun came up. We both love women, but I suppose we're both misfits and picky. The funny thing is that he was engaged to my sister (RIP), back in the 80s, and when she dumped him he and I stayed friends. When she died about five years ago, I had to break the news to him, and he took it pretty hard.

No, the only things whispering in his ear are his own demons.

If I had to guess who did it, I'd have to say it was one of those people he busted for insurance fraud.

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"
Last edit: 15 Jul 2008 12:18 by guitargeek.

More
15 Jul 2008 13:58 #226337 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic SABOTAGE!
Justin,
IF it was me... I honestly don't know what I would do to try a slavage that friendship.
Maybe wait a bit, but not too long, and try talking to him again. And explain your thoughts on it, as in one of the people he busted doing it. And maybe something along the lines of what I had written. The A, b, c, d, e stuff above. Do you two have a mutual friend that could be a go between or be there to act as a clear head just in case it heats up ? AND IF it did heat up, walk away without saying something that all will regret.

It pretty clear, to me at least, that you truely care about him and your friendship.
Good luck, Pat

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?