SABOTAGE!

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
11 May 2008 11:43 #212819 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic SABOTAGE!
Thing is, my buddy is a very laid back person. He doesn't really have any enemies or anything. First thing I asked him was if he'd been messing around with any married women, but he hasn't. He's a former Marine and he studied martial arts for many years, and he's real zen about stuff. I'm freaking out about this more than he is, and he's pretty pissed off. I got a weird feeling, kinda like you get when you hear that a friend got attacked and is in the hospital... or maybe like you'd feel if you built a motorcycle for your friend and some idiot severely damaged it. It's diabolical!

I can only say that there is a suspect.

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2008 12:42 #212829 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic SABOTAGE!
For those of you who aren't familiar with the history on this bike,and the serious amount of hard work (and cooking) that went into it...
(copy and paste the entire link)

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=2&id=198171#198171

Geegee...wholly crap man!!:ohmy:
I followed that post,and it's clearly obvious,the amount of grunt and love that went into that whole project.

It sounds like the frame CAN be repaired,so that's good.
When you DO get to welding slugs...cut an extra one,about 4 feet long...find the(and I can't use my potty-mouth,as today is Mother's-Day)...find the P.O.S....slug him and plug him from behind!!
Yup...weld the fkr SHUT!
Force-feed him a bottle of hot-sauce(through his nose)...swap his ears around,using a clean and sterilized razor-blade(using a can of brake-clean for the sterilization...safety first,right);) .
Stuff a wad of tinfoil into his mouth to keep him quiet though,as this could be a noisy procedure.(deci-dams might come in handy...safety first,right);)
Before you remove the tinfoil from the patients mouth...take your hacksaw,and cut about a quarter-way through his legs,slightly above the knees,and gently whisper into his ears,
"Thanks for the frame-mod...enjoy the walk outta here":kiss:
And just to play it safe...hit him with a nice dose of brake-clean one more time,at the point of surgery,as he attempts to exit the surgery-room.(safety first,right;) )

Lets all pray for a happy ending to this post.
Tell Action-Man we're all routing for him(and you...for sure)B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
11 May 2008 13:00 - 11 May 2008 13:01 #212838 by OnkelB
Replied by OnkelB on topic SABOTAGE!
Geek, this thread has left me almost speechless, that is frickin´ INSANE. I have strong feelings about vandalism, but this is something else.

I´m with McDroid, Wilcox and Beatpoet, if there is a suspect, get the police involved - the guilty part could (and should) do some hard time for this. :angry:

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.
Last edit: 11 May 2008 13:01 by OnkelB.

More
11 May 2008 16:10 #212868 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic SABOTAGE!
76 LTD wrote:

Have it tig welded by someone who knows how and it will be as good or better than new.you should be able to find a piece of cold roll the right size to slug it with.

the problem with slugging the frame is you need to cut the other tube in same place and jack the frame apart and slug both tubes and pull it back together while keeping it all straight.we used to cut the backbone tubes and steering head gusset and heat lower tubes to rake frames and gusset the hell out of them but now adays there is so much liability issues nobody wants to cut /weld stock frames :S

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
11 May 2008 16:38 #212871 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic SABOTAGE!
I'm absolutely speechless, it's amazing that someone would actually do that. It is definitely attempted murder (regardless if the cops would see it that way). Someone must have one serious grudge against your friend.

I've hated many people over the years but never wanted to do any harm or attempt to kill them.

Let us know how this works out.

More
11 May 2008 17:52 #212901 by mjg15
Replied by mjg15 on topic SABOTAGE!
That's probably one of the neatest sawzall cyts I've ever seen (I use one almost every day) . The culprit could become an asset to the prison community .

'80 Z750fx
'81 KZ550A
'81 GPz550's, Too many!
'82 KZ1000R
'82 GPz750
'90 ZR550

Project photo album: s163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/mg15_ph...GPz-ZR550%20project/
s163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/mg15_ph...current=DSC01286.jpg

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 May 2008 19:12 #212931 by guitargeek
Both downtubes are cut.

Slugging probably isn't an option, but instead we'll probably get the seem welded up and put a partial sleeve around on top of that.

If it wasn't a Sawzall, it was a rotary disc cutter, which actually seems more likely as there's no evidence of blade chatter. It's a pretty clean cut, too. The clutch cable is right there and it's untouched so it was probably pulled out of the way.

1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
11 May 2008 20:06 #212954 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic SABOTAGE!
i wonder if it was cut so far then allowed to crack the rest of the way from frame flex ?;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 May 2008 21:45 #212974 by guitargeek
PLUMMEN wrote:

i wonder if it was cut so far then allowed to crack the rest of the way from frame flex ?;)

Nope, cut all the way through.

1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
11 May 2008 23:51 - 11 May 2008 23:52 #212989 by Beatpoet
Replied by Beatpoet on topic SABOTAGE!
Check it out through magnification if you have the chance...

Broken or sheared metal often looks 'grainy' and cut metal usually has lines in it from whatever tool was used. You might be able to find shavings somewhere also, that might give a clue as to time/place.
Last edit: 11 May 2008 23:52 by Beatpoet.

• guitargeek
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 May 2008 01:05 #212993 by guitargeek
Yes, it's cut, not broken, not sheared.

Detailed photos of the damage.

I think it says something for the mighty KZ platform that he could ride it around for a month with both downtubes cut and the handling just be "off". The cuts weren't very noticeable, I've gone back through pics I've taken recently, and the oldest pic I have that shows the cuts is dated 4/13. I took some on 2/25, and it's hard to tell, but I don't think they're there.

2/25

4/13

Any metal shavings from this will be long gone by now, especially considering the crazy weather we've had here.

1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
12 May 2008 09:06 - 13 May 2008 09:45 #213045 by cafekz750
Replied by cafekz750 on topic SABOTAGE!
I am shocked and horrified. This is the sort of thing that should not happen to anyone. I really hope you are able to fix the bike and that your friend keeps riding. Don't let these type of people win. Pursing this with the police may be a good idea since people talk.

1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles
Last edit: 13 May 2008 09:45 by cafekz750. Reason: Slight high-jack on a very serious thread.